Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I hope i don't sound to negative there nokie. I wrote it write after i got back from getting a bad haircut and i was feeling in a negative mood myself so now that i reread it i feel like i'm a little hard on your fiance and mother in law. Sorry if i was. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I think you elucidated on your feelings well, because I agree. Usiong religion as a weapon is a big no-no, not in any circumstances. Unfortunately it's been done on a far vaster scale than is being described here, but still a no-no. Not as a weapon and not as a means of excessive, unethical or illegal financial gain.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Black coffee, oatmeal, hard boiled egg x 1
9:30AM – Black coffee, plain yogurt, blue berries
11:00AM – Wheat bread, deli turkey, low fat cheese
12:00PM – Weights (45mins) – Protein shake
1:30PM – Grilled chicken salad, orange
3:30PM – Hard boiled eggs x 3 (1 whole, 2 whites), salt & pepper
6:30PM – Steam fish, fresh baby, green tea
8:30PM – Kick boxing (45mins) – Protein shake
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Has she always been like that are you just starting to realize that is what she is like nokie?

I'm glad you didn't convert. It would make her think she can get her way everytime!

It really does sound selfish the way she is acting. Sorry it's like that Nokie. :( :(
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Black coffee, thin eye crispbread, grapefruit 1/2
8:30AM – Oatmeal, egg whites x 3, black coffee
11:00AM – Plain yogurt, grapefruit 1/2
12:00PM – Brown rice, 1/2c, chicken katsu, side green salad (Eating 1/2)
2:00PM – Black coffee, brown rice, 1/2c, chicken katsu, side green salad (Finish 1/2)
6:00PM – Scramble egg whites with spinach, mushrooms, bell pepper
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Well at least it sounds like you have your sister-in-law to talk too if she is bothering you. I'm sorry it's so stressful right now Nokie. I hope you can just go home and relax and eat some fiber. Down time is important too Nokie!!
I think you just need to relax and chill. I feel bad this is a hard time for you. This should be exciting and fun, not stressful and emotional in a sad way you know? It is hard with families though. If it's not an inlaw, it will be step children, divorces, diseases, and like you have religious differences, you name it. I dont' know all that's going on but i am here for you!! HUGS!!! go relax at home. That's an order!!! :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote: go relax at home. That's an order!!! :)
You just remind me of maid of honor who sent me a long email lecturing me to relax.. LOL :lol: Thanks... I'll try!

6:30AM – Black coffee, weetabix, soymilk
9:30AM – Hard boiled eggs x3 (2 whites, 1 whole), thin rye crisp bread x4
11:30AM – Meal replacement shake
12:00PM – Kick Boxing (45mins)
1:30PM – Green salad and tuna sandwich (eat ½)
3:30PM – Black coffee, tuna sandwich (finish ½)
6:30 PM – Katsu chicken, green salad, green tea
8:00PM – Weights – protein shake

Ok - I’ll be doing alteration and hair & make up trial this weekend! I’m going to pamper myself today after work and get myself a mani and pedicure. Of course, I'm looking for groupon deals :mrgreen: LOL
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Got a lot done and I got to sleep before 1AM which was goal. So, I got about 5 hours of sleep and I’m feeling a bit better!
ah Nokie? That's not idea of when i said a nice long night of relaxing!

Nokie173 wrote:However, we finally decided sign a contract and talked to our videographer and the minister and also booked our hotels in Korea and Japan!
Glad you did get some stuff accomplished though. With all you got going on how you fit in exercise i don't know!

I've never used groupon but maybe i should. I don't really know much about it but if it provides you deals than go for it!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:Glad you did get some stuff accomplished though. With all you got going on how you fit in exercise i don't know!
Becky, I wished I can tell you that I do fit all workouts in but that's not true.
I do try best but times like today, I have no idea how I'm going to fit it in. :(

6:30AM – Black coffee, weetabix, soymilk, hard boiled egg
9:30AM – Black coffee, grapefruit ½, hard boiled egg whites x 2
12:00PM – Pork sandwich, grapefruit ½
3:30PM – Meal replacement
7:30PM – Chicken breast, green salad
11:00PM – Protein shake (Weights workout) – If I’m home
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie your MIL seems like that classic stereotype of MIL in the movies and on tv! Hopefully she had the best intentions and was trying to just be apart of the day and was proud to apart of the wedding and the MIL to be and that is why she made a replica of the dress??? That's the positive spin.

But it's very understandable how you found that bothersome. But your right it's not a battle worth fighting. Your doing so well with diet and exercise and you are going to look beautiful for your day and to start a new healthy future with you fiance. just focus on that and your fiance and life with him afterwards. :D It's okay to vent though. I think any bride would be bothered by that.

Congrats on the braces too very cool!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Alternatives.

If you can't go to the Gym for the full duration, try doing 1 set of everything on the weights then go home, which is better than doing half a workout and skipping the remainder. That way you keep the structure but cut the volume to fit it in.

For Cardio, do less if you have no time. If you did 40 minutes on a treadmill for example, finding time for a 20 minute walk at some point in the day, is better than doing nothing.

If you can add these kind of workarounds into your training days, when time looks tight, then you avoid doing nothing, because something of substance is not as good as the full hit obviously, but better than nothing :).

All it requires is a little forthought the day before, or at least a good few hours before the workout that can't be, so you have a plan B in place.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Nokie173 wrote:Little venting… Saw MIL the past weekend after being aboard for sometime and I found out she had her dress custom made. The color was off white and the material was almost like wedding dress. Guess what? And…. Surprise surprise… It’s more expensive than wedding dress (Actually, not so surprising) :roll: !!! Makes me wonder who is getting married here?? :shock: – Like really?? You wanna look like the bride on freaking wedding day?? :roll: :roll: :roll: Whatever! Sigh… *Breathe* Ohwell, Its not a battle worth fighting and I just don’t have room for health to be stress over it but I just had to let it out somewhere because it’s freaking frustrating and damn annoying… :evil: :evil: :evil:
Unreal!! Your mother-in-law is way out of line!
You are being so understanding and mature if this is the only venting you have done!

Congrats on the awesome food journal and getting your hair right :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Athene wrote:Unreal!! Your mother-in-law is way out of line!
You are being so understanding and mature if this is the only venting you have done!
I do have to agree on that too!!! She is definitely out of line, but what can you do about it. :? I think you are handling it really well and definitely have a HUGE right to complain.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Updating the last few days… :mrgreen:

02.27.12 – Workout
I got home around 10:45pm-ish and I did workout. I did 1 set of weights but I increased the reps a bit and did some push ups & jumping jacks for warm up. Thanks Bossman for the motivation. I wasn’t going to workout at all but I read your comment while I was waiting for the doc. When I got home… BAM did whatever I had to do. :D

6:30AM – Black coffee
9:30AM – Black coffee, banana
12:00PM – Won ton soup, extra side chicken
3:00PM – Meal replacement
5:30PM – Kick boxing (45mins) – protein shake
7:00PM – Grilled fish & spinach

6:30AM – Black coffee, weetabix, soymilk
9:30AM – Hard boiled eggs x 3 (1 whole, 2 whites), orange
12:00PM – Chicken rice wrap ½, green tea
2:30 – Chicken rice wrap ½, green tea
4:00 – Zumba – protein shake
6:30 – Fish, green salad

Thanks Athene & Becky for understanding & letting me vent ^_^
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Double post :D --- Have a good day!