Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by fat-to-fit »

Happy to hear from you Nokie! Good luck with the job search. :) Congrats on not gaining any weight too! Keep it up Missy! and we will be hear to support when you when you have the time. :wave:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Are you looking for a job because your company is moving now nokie? SIL goes to San Francisco quite a bit for her job. I think she loves it to be honest. She gets time away and they have get togethers in nice restaurants. :)

You mentioned meditation once to me and I didn't try it but Fitafter50 told me to try it too, so I did and it I like it, just an FYI. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Stop by and say how you are doing Nokie! would love to hear from you. :wave: :wave:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie, Hope you found a job! 2015 is almost ending. miss ya around here too. :) :wave:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm going to try your brocolli bread you posted like 5 years ago tomorrow. :) i think i'm going to like it!

You know nokie I was reading the beginning of your journal you have been really open with your struggles and the truth is you have such a beautiful personality and really did awesome all these years. I don't know how you feel now but you would be down about being overweight and pimples and i've seen pictures of you and you are PRETTY!!! I really mean that i'm not just saying it either. :)

I know you compare yourself to people from your families culture than just the average amercian but it's the truth. :) But maybe you have overcome those feelings from that many years ago. I was reading the beginning of your journal which was like 5 years ago.. :wink:

The truth is too you worked your hiney off for tons of hours, have stressful things happening around you, and would still fit in workouts and eating right a lot of the time. Not sure if i said this before but it's the truth. :) :)

Hope you come back. But i just wanted to tell you that too. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Sorry I haven’t been around but I’ll try to be around more often. Every time I stop coming here or stop posting I realized I lose a sense of motivation of taking care of myself. But when I’m reading people’s posts and posting in journal, I feel accountable & positive about myself. Most importantly I always feel apart of the community. :)

Becky, you are so sweet!!! :mrgreen:

Have I been here that long? I must say, I’ve learned a lot about myself and in life and even now I’m still learning and growing. One thing I must say is that, I’ve learned to love myself more. Not to sound conceited or vain but to appreciate hard work and effort and always remember that I am human. I will experiences the ups and downs but will learn from it and that will help me grow as a person.

After vacation, I’ve been in the “lazy” mode. Maybe because I was working long hours at work even though it wasn’t tax season yet. The company lay people off and continues to give more work to people who are still around… and I happened to be one of them! So the time I get home, I’m so exhausted and don’t want to do anything else. Actually, it’s late so there’s no time to do anything else because it’s almost time for bed so I can wake up in the morning for work again!

Now it’s tax season, with less people to do the work and I’m working even longer hours! I’ve been eating and working and don’t even have time to go to gym during lunch break. The time I get home, I don’t even have time to go to boxing classes because I get off work so late… the money is not even worth it at this point if healthy is deteriorating. This has to stop!!! :evil:

So, for 2016… I made a new goal. I’m going back to school while still working full time. By 2017, I want to start own business so I will be own boss! In order for me to maintain everything, I need to make sure health is in good condition! Of course, I want to lose weight but right now, I just want to have a balance life style of health & fitness. I already informed boss about not working long hours every day so I can continue education. I doubt they would make me work long hours and ditch education! If they ever do… we’ll be going to HR!!! Having said that…. I’m working on plans… such as, when I can squeeze a workout in, what kind of workout I can do, packing meals, days I go to class, etc… class starts next Wednesday and I’m excited!

Because I care about myself and health, I need to do something about it. It’s a cycle that keeps on repeating itself and it’s not healthy mentally and physically! So…I hope you guys can help support me in journey for better health and life. :D :D :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote: the money is not even worth it at this point if healthy is deteriorating. This has to stop!!! :evil:
It does have to stop Nokie. I know you live in one the most spendy places in the country though so I know it's hard to change it.
Nokie173 wrote:So, for 2016… I made a new goal. I’m going back to school while still working full time. By 2017, I want to start own business so I will be own boss! In order for me to maintain everything, I need to make sure health is in good condition! Of course, I want to lose weight but right now, I just want to have a balance life style of health & fitness. I already informed boss about not working long hours every day so I can continue education. I doubt they would make me work long hours and ditch education! If they ever do… we’ll be going to HR!!! Having said that…. I’m working on plans… such as, when I can squeeze a workout in, what kind of workout I can do, packing meals, days I go to class, etc… class starts next Wednesday and I’m excited!
I'm excited for you!! a near career is awesome! '
Nokie173 wrote:Because I care about myself and health, I need to do something about it. It’s a cycle that keeps on repeating itself and it’s not healthy mentally and physically! So…I hope you guys can help support me in journey for better health and life. :D :D :D
I will always be here for you here or in life in general if you need support or a friend Nokie. :) Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. :) I think a career change is a good thing for you definitely!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote:Sorry I haven’t been around but I’ll try to be around more often.
You don't need to and have never needed to apologise to us for anything. You just need to do what is best for you and live your lief the best way you can.
Nokie173 wrote:So…I hope you guys can help support me in journey for better health and life. :D :D :D
Of course we will and that has never been any different since day one. You have always been valued around here and you always will be, just like every long standing member and we are in the business of supporting, motivating an encouraging people and it's partly why this site exists :).

GOOD LUCK with everything you want to do, because I think you DO have what it takes and as long as you keep believing in yourself, there are no reasons in mind why you can't do the things you're thinking of.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

By the way I'm taking a course too. It starts tomorrow. It's not year round though. It's just through the winter. :D May this year be a year of healthy and good changes in both our lives. :sunshine: :sunshine:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

fat-to-fit wrote:.... May this year be a year of healthy and good changes in both our lives. :sunshine: :sunshine:
I’m with you there! :sunshine:
What kind of course are you taking?

Today’s meal:
7:00AM – Scramble egg whites, mushrooms, cheese and chicken apples sausages. Black coffee
9:30AM – Raw almonds snack pack
12:00PM – Stir fried egg noodles with pork, side of green salad
3:00PM – Quest Bar
5:00PM – Ribs & steam zucchini
9:00PM – Quick 30mins workout – Protein shake

Workout: (1min each x 3 sets)
Jumping jacks
Burpees
Frog squat
Crossover squats
Speed skater
Sumo kick
Lunge kick/knee-up
Scissors Cross
Reverse crunch
Plank
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

It's so nice to have you back! :)

I was going to do weights tomorrow but i'm training mom in on a job and I'm bored to death watching her work so maybe i will workout this evening while she works. ha ha. The routine takes 15 minutes, boss's routine.

I will send you a pm this evening about the course. don't have time right now. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Today’s meal:
7:00AM – Scramble egg whites, mushrooms, cheese and turkey bacon. Black coffee
9:30AM – Raw almonds snack pack
12:00PM – Stir fried egg noodles with pork, side of green salad
3:00PM – Quest Bar
5:30PM – Rotisserie chicken & steam zucchini
8:00PM – Kick Boxing @ home (45mins)

Next week, I'll add more workouts in... Need to do weights & I'll try to go jogging after work and before class.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Meals look good! Good luck on your class tonight. :clap: :clap:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Today’s meal:
7:00AM – Egg whites, crab meat, and cheese. Black coffee
9:30AM – Strawberries x 1cup & string cheese
12:00PM – Rotisserie chicken, brown rice & steamed mixed veggies
4:00PM – Rotisserie chicken, brown rice & steamed mixed veggies
6:30PM – (If hungry during class - Options: Quest bar, boiled eggs, string cheese, almond snack pack)
10:00PM – Weights @ home (30mins) & Stretch

I made about 8 meals of Rotisserie chicken, brown rice & steamed mixed veggies!!! Before school started, I went to Costco and got Rotisserie chicken, cooked brown rice and steamed mixed veggies! I packed hot sauce on the side... just to give me a kick of flavor. This helps since I'm in a rush and pop meals in the microwave. I feel that it's better and healthier than frozen food. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote: made about 8 meals of Rotisserie chicken, brown rice & steamed mixed veggies!!! Before school started, I went to Costco and got Rotisserie chicken, cooked brown rice and steamed mixed veggies! I packed hot sauce on the side... just to give me a kick of flavor. This helps since I'm in a rush and pop meals in the microwave. I feel that it's better and healthier than frozen food.
i buy rotisserie chicken too. I think it's pretty healthy. local deli has this deal on mondays where you can buy 10 pieces of chicken for like 5 bucks. So I like to buy chicken then. i don't really like chicken that much but i know it's good for me.

Have a nice time at class!! for me i like to get up early and study it's nice and quiet. I'm already tired actually. :)