Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by fitoverforty »

I love dress #2, but they are all beautiful. You will be beautiful no matter what you wear girl! Your diet looks well balanced and healthy. You are inspiring to me. :mrgreen:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:You went to bed at 6PM? :P :P How many people over the age of 5 do that, except possibly people who have to get up at 2AM for a 4AM plane flight?

Even then they'd probably go to bed at 8PM, (if they were about 8 years old and upwards), then recoup the other 2 hours of zzz's on the plane :wink:

Plus you didn't have your dinner. I'm surprised you slept, well lying in your bed at silly o'clock with a growling stomach :wink: :wink:
I felt like someone gave me a good K.O punch that knocked me out the whole night ... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even if stomach is trying to wake me to feed it… I’m drooling in la la land.. :P

Thanks Lynn... :mrgreen:

6:30AM – Coffee & soymilk
8AM – Brown rice & spicy chicken
10:30AM - Wheat turkey sandwich
12PM – Kick Boxing – 45mins
1:30PM – Wheat turkey sandwich
4PM – Low fat cheese, spicy chicken
6:30PM – Grilled salmon, steam broccoli, a glass of red wine (YAY!!!!)
* Protein shake or meal replacement if I get hungry

This week, I have been bad with morning workout. body is more tired and sore... Man, kick boxing REALLY is a kick butt … LOL. But next week, I should be getting morning workout in!!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

5AM – Cardio Kick boxing (30mins) – Protein shake
7:30AM – Coffee, soymilk, wheat bread with peanut butter
10:30AM - wheat bread, turkey deli, low fat cheese
12PM – Turbo Kick Boxing class – 45mins
1:30PM – Vietnamese sandwich
4PM – Scramble eggs x 2 with bell peppers
6:30 – grilled broccolini & chicken

co-workers were the ones who mention turbo kick boxing to me during lunch sometime last year. But I finally went online to the gym website and checked out their classes. OMG… on Thursday they offer ZUMBA during lunch… I’m debating should I give it a try. Currently, the gym widows are covered up due to constructions so people who are walking won’t be able to see what I’m trying to shake... :lol: LOL… but people in the classes… that’s a different story. :?

Wedding updates…
We got our date and venue. We will meet with them next weekend about invitation cards. Last week/weekend, we researched for photographers, videographers, cake, florist, hair & make up artists. Holy crap :shock: these people are expensive and overprice… I swear who can afford a wedding now a days. :( I will list the highest price quotes from each these vendors… Photographers start from 2,500 – 5,000(5-8 hrs) Videographer 1,500-6,000 (3-6hrs) Cake ($7 per piece for 200 guests = 1,400) Florists minimum 2,500 and Hair & Make up artist 1,500 (Me plus 3 bridesmaids).

I wrote all these vendors in little budgeting excel spread sheets and thought… these people are CRAZY!!! :shock:
wedding will be a lot of DIY (Do It Yourself) projects!!! :P ...come on, it's more personal... :mrgreen:

told fiancé… Imma do own hair and make up with bridesmaids. We will learn from Youtube!!! LOL... He even offered to be the photographer and videographer. But I told him… he have to be the groom in the pictures and videos… so no can do!

Mind you, those were the highest quotes that I got… of course I asked other vendors and do price comparison & check their websites to see the quality of their work. I got some decent prices…. But still researching… sigh… I thought I wasn’t supposed to do any planning… bummer!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I hear you on the wedding costs. Not from personal experience :lol: just from other people. Maybe you can have a friend do the photography?? That's what brother did and they have some beautiful photos.

Have you ever seen the wedding planner? It always shocks me how much they are spending on their weddings. The dress alone can be pretty spendy. I think as much DIY projects you can do the better really.

If you really like Zumba and want to try it i think you should go for it.

It does sound like a lot of work! It will be a nice day though. :D
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

When it comes to cars, computers, videos, photos. Etc… fiancé is the most pickiest person EVER!!!! Except for washing the dishes or clothes…

He has a couple of our friends who offered to do it for us. They will help us do our engagement pictures, fiancé will tell them how to take the pictures but the day of the wedding, we want them to enjoy the day NOT working. Also, we want someone with more experience on taking journalism pitcures (that’s what he wants) I’m pretty much whatever as long as I don’t look so fat… :lol:

I’m thinking of buying 3 different cakes and just buy a stand for it… LOL.
Also, I might be making own centerpiece (I’ll post a picture up)
I was thinking of buying whatever are seasonal flowers in April and buy a wholesale style.
Of course… wannabe creativity will take place. :P
I’m thinking of more ideas… Thanks for the suggestions… keep them coming. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: DYI centerpiece Idea :mrgreen:
ImageImage
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

sister did a very low budget wedding. It was nice but simple and cheap. I think she spent like 5,000 on it. She had at at a lodge in northern wisconsin. So we all spent the weekend there together. She did as much as she could herself and got a not very expensive wedding dress that helped lower the cost. It was a pretty small wedding too which also helped.

What color are your bridesmaids dresses going to be? The pics on the left i think i like the best. the glass with the roses. But both are nice.

I wish i have been more involved with weddings. I haven't really. I just like to watch them on tv mostly. :) But it sounds like your off to a good start! Thanks for including us in your wedding plans. Fun to talk about! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This is an example of low budget for you.

A few years ago, two people went to their wedding in the dress and suit, but due to new relaxed laws in Britain, about where you are now allowed to have a ceremony, they and a few select others went to a petrol, (gas), station and had it done on the forecourt and then used the CCTV to film the wedding video and got to keep it.

I'm not sure about whether they had any photos done or not, I think it might have been a friend with an instamatic, but if not, the total cost was only the suit and dress and as the chleric who officiated the ceremony earns a stipend, they didn't have to pay him anything as far as I know.

She got her white dress moment, but for a fraction of the cost of a lavish affair, with fancy cars, photographers venue hire etc.

Smart move if you're tight for money. Now in this country you're allowed to do it in your front room if you like and have been for about 7-8 years now, whereas before it could only be a registry office or religious building, as far as I'm aware.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

5:10AM- Cardio Abs
6:30AM – Coffee, soymilk
8:00AM – Wheat bread, low fat cheese, chicken deli
10:00AM – Wheat crackers, chicken deli
12:00PM – split pea soup x1cup, brown rice 1/4c, teriyaki chicken 2oz
2:30PM – split pea soup x 1cup
4:00PM – Weight workout – Protein shake
7:00PM – Roast beef, broccoli

Man.. I must say... The bag of broccoli is lasting me sooo long.. money is sure worth it!!! :P

Workout:
Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 12-16 reps (6-8 per leg)
Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
Row (1arm): 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Side Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Front Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Plie Dumbbell Squat: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Pullups (Assist): 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Alternate Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 3 sets of 12-15 reps 
Air Bike: 3 sets of 20 reps
Elliptical to cool down – 15mins or 25mins since I watch Japanese Animation while I do that. LOL… :mrgreen:

Wow… you guys mention very low budget weddings!!! I wanted to go to city hall and bam… Done. However, we decided on our wedding ceremony and stuff for fiancé’s late father. At the time, we thought he would be with us until then… so of course, we made the deposits for different places already. However, I’m compromising with fiancé and try to budge things as he wants this grand wedding while I just want a small simple one. So, we are working to be in the middle…. We’ll see…
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:since I watch Japanese Animation while I do that. LOL
Still into the Japanese animation huh? :)
Nokie173 wrote::Wow… you guys mention very low budget weddings!!! I wanted to go to city hall and bam… Done. However, we decided on our wedding ceremony and stuff for fiancé’s late father. At the time, we thought he would be with us until then… so of course, we made the deposits for different places already. However, I’m compromising with fiancé and try to budge things as he wants this grand wedding while I just want a small simple one. So, we are working to be in the middle…. We’ll see…
sister got married 7 years ago. She spent like $100 bucks on her dress it was pretty and she looked good in it. Personally i think i would like a little bit nicer dress if i was getting married but she didn't want to spend a lot so she didn't. And really her wedding was pretty small about 75 people so she didn't need an expensive dress. It was still a very nice wedding though and we had a good time.

That makes it hard if your fiance wants to spend a lot and you want something small and simple. Like you said something in the middle should work. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

He wants big and you want simple.

Then a possible compromise is to hire a big Hotel, but have the whole shabang in the foyer / hallway :wink:

Admittedly keep the officiating chleric a suitable distance from the voluvents, so he doesn't start snacking during the vows.

Now does anyone mmm, mmm, know of any just mmm, impediment why these two mmm, people cannot be tied together in legal matrimony, mmm, mmmmm, if so speak now mmm, or forever, mmm, hold your peace mmm, mmmmmmm, gulp, word those are good.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:He wants big and you want simple.

Then a possible compromise is to hire a big Hotel, but have the whole shabang in the foyer / hallway :wink:

Admittedly keep the officiating chleric a suitable distance from the voluvents, so he doesn't start snacking during the vows.

Now does anyone mmm, mmm, know of any just mmm, impediment why these two mmm, people cannot be tied together in legal matrimony, mmm, mmmmm, if so speak now mmm, or forever, mmm, hold your peace mmm, mmmmmmm, gulp, word those are good.
Bossman, you crack me up!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I’ll make sure NO BODY eat or drink before the vows!! :twisted:

6:30AM – Coffee, soymilk, mushroom rice & eggs and chamomile tea
9:00AM – Pork dumplings x 3, tea
12:00PM – Turbo Kick Boxing – 45mins (Protein shake)
1:30PM – White rice 1/2c, chicken & bell pepper
4:00PM – Shirataki Noodles, pork, veggie
7:00PM – Grilled fish, broccoli

This morning when I got up, body was sore and I had this bad a$$ headache. Actually, I still have it. So, I did not workout this morning… couldn’t picture myself jumping, kicking, and punching with this painful head ache!

After breakfast, I took medicine and crossing fingers that the pain goes away so I can workout during lunch since I didn’t do it this morning.

I need to go shopping this weekend. I’m finishing up frozen food and ran out of brown rice. So, I cooked white rice.

OK… OK… Don’t laugh but I’m a major Dr. Oz fan girl!!! ***YAY*** :mrgreen: :P :mrgreen: :P :mrgreen: :P
Out of all the things he mentioned on his shows… I was curious of Shirataki noodles. Of course, I got it and will try it out tonight!!!

fiancé was laughing at the ingredient (Purified water, yam flour, and hydrated lime)
He was like… all I need to do is drink water… Whatever! :roll:

Yes Becky!! I do enjoy anime… when things get too stressful, and I want a little time to myself I like to enjoy laughing at stupid animes/ manga. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

hope the headache feels better soon or maybe now has gone away. I hate them! :evil:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

UPDATE:

OK… so I took medicine before I went to the gym during lunch… THANK GOODNESS it’s gone (for now at least…. But it tends to come back at night or the next morning…) Anyways, the time I got to the gym it’s not kick boxing like usual. I totally forgot that they changed the Wednesday class to pump-it-up class. So, people started working with barbells!!! Like whoa, double weight day for me! Ok… I’m gonna be sore!!! Imma have to change weight days because today’s class was awesome & it’s the same instructor. So it’s like a full body weight workout on Wednesday… umm.. maybe W-F-SUN for weights… Not sure… I’ll think about it. But for sure NO full body weight workout 2 days back to back..
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30 – coffee, soymilk, tea
7:00 – eggs, rice, turkey
10:00 – Wheat turkey & ham sandwich
12:30 – Ground beef & noodles
2:30PM – Turkey deli with lettuce
6PM – Seafood noodles soup
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope your headache didn't come back yesterday. Glad you liked the pump it up class Nokie. :)