Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Boss Man »

Nice Deadlift, WELL DONE
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

It is harder to lose weight as you age. I know that too. Your so lucky to have a PT that works you and isn't too expensive... :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

At the end of the month... I'll be done with PT... We'll see what happens next. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie, i have some relatives that live in San Diego. one of them stayed with another relative in San Francisco on Russian HIll. It looked like a beautiful view of the bridge and everything. Something tells me i couldn't afford the place they were staying. :tongue: Thought of you though and that you probably weren't too far away.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Russian Hill is very expensive area!!! Condos… NOT houses… just condos... 1 or 2 bed rooms is over 1 million… NOTHING under!!! And renting those condos/ apartments is around 4,000 – 10,000 per month!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

It’s BEST not to drive and just walk or take muni or bus…. It’s so crowded and A LOT of tourist goes there… b/c of the famous Lomard Street and other sightseeing places.

Also, A LOT of good restaurants but expensive!!! Yeah, I can’t afford that area heck, I can’t even afford ANYWHERE in San Francisco!!! I live across the bay… which means, other city and just take the train to work. :D So far, I'm doing ok!

Diet:
So far... same thing but I added more protein shake after every workout.

Workout:
I added jogging and intervals along with boxing...

1 week and 2 days before trip to Mexico!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So far.. I lost 10lbs. I know it's pretty good... negative me is NOT happy much because I could have done better. :(
Positive me is patting myself on the back and telling myself to keep pushing because I'm working on it!
Each meal at a time, each day at a time and I'll get there :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

She said they had a condo there. She didn't say if it was rented or bought but I remember you telling me how expensive it was and when she put a pic of the view from the condo That included the bridge I knew it must be spendy. I would like to visit San Francisco. It looks so pretty!! I've been to la and San Diego but not northern california
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

oh you lucky girl going on a vacation!! that sounds like heaven. :D You have probably put on muscle too so no worries! i think you are doing really well. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote:Positive me is patting myself on the back and telling myself to keep pushing because I'm working on it!
Listen to positive me more, because positive me looks forward and doesn't linger on the what if's too much.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks for commenting in journal support and encouragement nokie! I have a small support system within family but not very much besides that. I really appreciate it when i receive it from someone.. It really does mean something to me. Just wanted you to know that. :)

Boss is right listen to the positive you! you have been doing great with your pt sessions and all. Progress is being made! :) And you really do live in a beautiful area! crowded but beautiful. ;)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

hey you still are here not off enjoying mexico it's time for your weekly post missy. ;)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Finally back from Mexico & Las Vegas!!!

Back to back traveling is not good for health!!! :P

Anyways... I have 3 whole weeks before best friend's wedding... Time get back to routine: packing meals and proper workouts!
So far, it's HARD because I have so much stuff to do as I was gone for almost 3 weeks :(

I'll update meals and workouts later :thumb:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Today's meal:
6:30AM - Scramble egg whites, cheese & turkey bacon
9:00AM - bag of almonds & string cheese
12:00PM - Brown rice 1c, chicken and eggplant
2:30pm - Quest bar 1/2
4:00PM - Kick Boxing @ home
6:30PM - Chicken salad and miso soup

Getting back to working out is REALLY hard but I kept on reading about workout routines and different meals to prepare... and some how it's so motivating!!! And when I see their results... It makes me wanna push hard too... I wanna be FIT and I gotta keep at it. :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie dear where are you? You are probably doing awesome at working out and your diet.. You seemed highly motivated when you got back. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hey Becky and everybody...

I've been overwhelmed with life itself... I'm in the process of job searching and crazy busy with resume, cover letters, interviews etc.. while still working full time doing 3 - 4 people's work and barely taking breaks and eating and working to meet deadlines. So, I haven't had a chance to update or post anything... These are a totally perfect excuses to not take care of myself... LOL :P

However, I am still working out but not as much as I want to tho. I just get sooo exhausted... So far I only workout 2-3 times a week...I need to be able to try to push myself a little harder and workout 4-5 times a week.

I stopped PT because it takes me 30mins without traffic to drive there and another 30mins to drive back. Also, its a lot of money even though I got a really good discount. I'll join the night class later when I have more time and energy... it's more affordable than PT.

As for meals... Blah not the best but not the worse. I can make all the excuses I want and pig out but I'll only regret it. I have been less strict with myself tho. I make meals for the whole week and ONLY eat 3 meals that I made instead of finishing all 7 meals... I can't seem to get myself to NOT waste food...

On a positive note... I did NOT gained any weight during and after vacation *pat on the back* HOWEVER, I did not lose anymore weight and I'm NOT at ideal weight... of course it's given since I'm not pushing myself hard enough or at all. :|

I have been reflecting on actions ever since I came back from vacation(s) and realized I lack motivation. I do the things I know I need to do but I lack the will to do it... I wonder if I made sense there?... Maybe brain lacks energy. OK... It's a beautiful day right now and I need to take walk and AWAY from desk!!!

I will try best to update journal as I need to keep myself in check... I should start making short and long term goals again... maybe... just maybe that will give me a kick.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes, you made perfect sense. It's about doing what is right, but not as much as you know you need to.

You need to remember what you're doing it for. You need to remember the bigger picture, because narrowing it down to just how you want your body to look, rather than how you want it to work, is a limiting outlook, so if you do do that stop it and focus on the bigger picture. You're doing it because you want your body to behave better and function more optimally, but you also need to find a good balance between being disciplined and not being too hard on yourself, because you're not perfect and you should expect that of yourself, as that's being unfair to yourself and you might even end up setting the bar too high for yourself, leading to disappointment and potentially a relapse into old behaviour patterns though frustration and said disappointment.

You cannot change what you have done, but you CAN change what you will do and I believe you CAN do that.

GOOD LUCK