Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Nokie173 »

Sometimes... I love and hate San Francisco... Love it because weather is good, people are laid back (compared to LA), everything is close by and A LOT of people are fitness freaks and tree huggers! Somtimes, I do hate it because... It's expensive to live here and they have such good restaurants with good food and A LOT of good looking people (Makes me jealous) :evil: But that's own self-esteem... :bugeyes:

We have good deals because we have lots of gyms, yoga, boxing, etc... you name it! We have anything and everything when it comes to fitness but at the end.. it's own will if I want to go or not... I guess... I'm slowly taking advantage of fitness industry instead of fine dinner industry! :tongue: Sigh.. I do love good food... :tonguepoke:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

In nutrition class we talked about headaches. I know you and jocelyn tend to have them. sometimes deficiency's can cause them.

Magnesium, gluthathione, folate, vitamin b12, vitamin c, lipolic acid, carnitine, vitamin b3, viatmin b2, vitamin d and calcium, coqi0.

they have descriptions of those items but i'm not going to write them down. let me know if you have a question though and i can tell you if your interested on any of it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Coq10 is very heart healthy and is a good beneficial supplement to buy. I don't do it, but it is one I'd support, because to me knowledge the science behind it is good, as opposed to most herbal supplements, echinacea and a few others being the exception, that just don't have good science, so many herbal supplements are just potential hit and miss products.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Sometimes... I love and hate San Francisco... Love it because weather is good, people are laid back (compared to LA), everything is close by and A LOT of people are fitness freaks and tree huggers! Somtimes, I do hate it because... It's expensive to live here and they have such good restaurants with good food and A LOT of good looking people (Makes me jealous) But that's own self-esteem...

We have good deals because we have lots of gyms, yoga, boxing, etc... you name it! We have anything and everything when it comes to fitness but at the end.. it's own will if I want to go or not... I guess... I'm slowly taking advantage of fitness industry instead of fine dinner industry! Sigh.. I do love good food...

I can see why you love and hate it. Definitely take advantage of the fitness industry and not the food!

Boss i've never heard of Coq10 until today. Interesting. I have slightly bad cholesterol i wonder if it would be beneficial to me?? might just stick with oatmeal. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Coq10 is beneficial in combating cholesterol problems, so if you want to take it for such reasons feel free.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

how did your week go last week with the boxing and everything?? :wave:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

So last week, I went to first class and it wasn’t all bad. It’s almost like boot camp/circuit training for women (depending on the teacher). The place is actually a “Martial Arts Boxing Center”. I went early last Friday and saw the previous class was still in training... OMG… they are sooo cute! Before the all women fitness class, there’s a kid martial training class. Towards the end they were all sparring with one another. This little girl... Maybe 5-6 was sparring with another little boy… dude... those kids are aggressive! It reminds me of college days when I did martial arts… Anyways, the class after me was Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I might drop in that one once I feel a little more comfortable. The other days like Tuesday and Thursday, I think they have MMA (Mix Martial Arts) and Boxing classes… It’s a very nice place with lots of parking!!! :clap:

I told friend about it and she joined me on Wednesday. It was pretty cool that we teamed up and did the circuit training together. I actually really like that class for women because we all are different shape & sizes. We all worked hard and pat each other on the back. A lot of them are mothers… There’s a section for kids… so the mothers can work out! :mrgreen:

I am actually questioning myself “what gets me motivated?”… I like hot yoga and all and it’s closer to house… but sometimes I drag myself to go to class after work. But for the women fitness class, I don’t mind driving 10mins more to workout & sweat! The classes are Monday, Wednesday & Friday! Sometimes are boot camps, some are circuit training and others are kick boxing. What I like more is that… the owner of the place is very welcoming. He wants to sit with me one on one and help me with fitness goals…. So far so good. I prefer this kind of things than yoga if I were to pick out of the two workouts. :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I missed your post till now!
Nokie173 wrote:old friend about it and she joined me on Wednesday. It was pretty cool that we teamed up and did the circuit training together. I actually really like that class for women because we all are different shape & sizes. We all worked hard and pat each other on the back. A lot of them are mothers… There’s a section for kids… so the mothers can work out!
Sounds like a nice class. :)
Nokie173 wrote:I am actually questioning myself “what gets me motivated?”… I like hot yoga and all and it’s closer to house… but sometimes I drag myself to go to class after work. But for the women fitness class, I don’t mind driving 10mins more to workout & sweat! The classes are Monday, Wednesday & Friday! Sometimes are boot camps, some are circuit training and others are kick boxing. What I like more is that… the owner of the place is very welcoming. He wants to sit with me one on one and help me with fitness goals…. So far so good. I prefer this kind of things than yoga if I were to pick out of the two workouts.
wait and see. You just started too. After you've been doing it a while see where your motivation is for both classes too. you have a background in this though so i suspect you will like this class better which seems to be the case already. :)

You probably burn more calories too than in hot yoga. Why do you have to choose?? Maybe fit both into your schedule! :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

1st... THANK GOODNESS TAX season is OVER!!!!
2nd.. Just found out, company is planning to move to Texas in 2-3 years... I'm not relocating!
3rd... I signed up with the Boxing/Marial arts clubs as night... I will still keep gym membership!
4th... I hope to write down meal plans again...
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:1st... THANK GOODNESS TAX season is OVER!!!!
I'm sure that is quite a relief!
Nokie173 wrote: Just found out, company is planning to move to Texas in 2-3 years... I'm not relocating!
You could be neighbors with Lynne. :wink: I bet the cost of living is a lot less in Texas verus the bay area.. No state income tax either... I know a lot of your family though is where you live.
Nokie173 wrote: signed up with the Boxing/Marial arts clubs as night... I will still keep gym membership!

Are you still really enjoying your class??
Nokie173 wrote: hope to write down meal plans again...
I hope you do. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Monday 4/28/14
7:00AM – Organic Superfood Oat-based Cereal
http://www.vigilant-eats.com/products
9:30AM – Odwalla superfood drink & beef jerky 2oz
http://www.odwalla.com/good-products/su ... s/original
12:00PM – Chicken, rice and hot sauce, apple (Mommy’s cooking)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w5RYu7_MCh4/T ... /kmgf1.JPG
2:30PM – Quest Bar (cookies & cream)
4:30PM – Baked chicken breast & green juice
6:30PM – All women toning class (Boxing)
8:30PM – Protein shake

So, I went to local organic store and they were promoting these superfood oatmeals and all you need is regular H2O. I bought one… It’s like $3.50 (expensive) But not bad. I don’t have to waste time heating anything up and all I do is pour drinking water and eat! Taste pretty good and they have a small spoon in the box … I’ll buy some for convenient food. But I’ll stick to old fashion oatmeal with eggs. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I know a lot of you swear by oatmeal i'm actually not a huge fan. I mean it's okay. But i don't crave it. But i know it's good for you so i do have it sometimes for breakfast. It sounds interesting what you had though! although a lot more expensive than just regular oatmeal! :)
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Nokie173 wrote:Monday 4/28/14
7:00AM – Organic Superfood Oat-based Cereal
http://www.vigilant-eats.com/products
9:30AM – Odwalla superfood drink & beef jerky 2oz
http://www.odwalla.com/good-products/su ... s/original
12:00PM – Chicken, rice and hot sauce, apple (Mommy’s cooking)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w5RYu7_MCh4/T ... /kmgf1.JPG
2:30PM – Quest Bar (cookies & cream)
4:30PM – Baked chicken breast & green juice
6:30PM – All women toning class (Boxing)
8:30PM – Protein shake

So, I went to local organic store and they were promoting these superfood oatmeals and all you need is regular H2O. I bought one… It’s like $3.50 (expensive) But not bad. I don’t have to waste time heating anything up and all I do is pour drinking water and eat! Taste pretty good and they have a small spoon in the box … I’ll buy some for convenient food. But I’ll stick to old fashion oatmeal with eggs. :mrgreen:

Curious to know which flavor you tried? The Coconut Maple Vanilla sounds good.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Tuesday 4/29/14
7:30AM - Wheat bread x2, turkey breast deli x2, low-fat cheese x1, black coffee
9:30AM - Superfood drink & Wheat bread x1, turkey breast deli x1
12:00PM - Rice, chicken, spicy sauce and Apple
2:30PM - Mixed nuts x1 serving, low-cals popcorn
6:00PM - Dine out - lamb shank, rice & steam veggies... 2 glasses of sparkling rose

No workout tonight... dinner date... WoW... I can't believe today is 2nd year wedding anniversary!
I remember, 2 years ago... I was working out really hard to look good in wedding dress!
Now, I just want to feel good about health and be fit again!

Last night, when I was at boxing class... I felt pretty good! I kept kicking and punching.
I was sweating so much and breathing hard but I was able to continue while friends were ready to collapse.
In a way, it felt good, I’m able to last longer compare to a few weeks ago.

Lately, I've been drinking a lot of water... I've been putting fruits in water to give it flavor.
Sometimes, I do put lemon or grapefruits for water but man... I drink tons of water because it tastes so GOOD!
I also like putting cucumber, strawberries, lemon and mint. YUM!
Alinshop wrote:Curious to know which flavor you tried? The Coconut Maple Vanilla sounds good.
I tried the GOJI CACAO but it wasn't as sweet. It tasted ok but I really enjoyed COCONUT MAPLE VANILLA more. I will go back next week and give all of them another try. I'll update you again if favorite change. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:WoW... I can't believe today is 2nd year wedding anniversary!
I remember, 2 years ago... I was working out really hard to look good in wedding dress!
Now, I just want to feel good about health and be fit again!
That doesn't seem possible that it was that long ago. You have kind of come circle like Joc did in her journal I think. :)

I want to try that recipe for water. Do you chill it overnight?? I need to add some flavor to water. Putting it on the grocery list! :) Do you have to make it daily??