Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks Becky! :D

6:30AM – Black coffee, fruit salad 1 c
9:30AM – Ground pork, crackers x 10
12:00PM – Zumba (45mins) – Protein shake
1:30PM – Wild rice soup 1c, fruit salad 1c
4:30PM – Ground pork, crackers x 5
7:00PM – Lean beef & green salad

I’m better today. Not sure what happen to me yesterday. I think it was the weather that made me feel all dark. Even though it’s still raining and cold today - I’m ok. I’ll try best to be positive and enjoy every moment of life. Life is short and I know we all have our own problems & struggles. I surely do not want to waste life on any sickness that I can prevent by being healthy & fit. I also don’t want to waste life with work & unnecessary stress. I want to live long and happy for myself & for future. I need to love myself more and take care of myself better. Workout & eating healthier is good but I need to work on inner self. Every day I post, I will post one thing I love. It doesn’t matter what it is… but I will love and sincerely be happy with it. Starting now…

I love morning black coffee! – Although I limited to 1 cup or maybe 2 a day, I love the bitter taste of it. I really do enjoy it! :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote: I’ll try best to be positive and enjoy every moment of life. Life is short and I know we all have our own problems & struggles. I surely do not want to waste life on any sickness that I can prevent by being healthy & fit. I also don’t want to waste life with work & unnecessary stress. I want to live long and happy for myself & for future. I need to love myself more and take care of myself better. Workout & eating healthier is good but I need to work on inner self. Every day I post, I will post one thing I love. It doesn’t matter what it is… but I will love and sincerely be happy with it. Starting now…

I don't know how anybody can drink and love coffee! :wink: It's very true Nokie though! Life is short and why waste your life being negative if you can prevent it if at all possible!! Did you see team hoyt video on you tube? That father is amazing! What love and determination he had for his son. It's so uplifting and inspirational. You should watch!

I know how you feel though. I think it all goes together not only working out and eating healthier but like you said inner happiness as well! I think it's a great idea! dog. I love dog, she sweet, gentle and one of best friends. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote: dog. I love dog, she sweet, gentle and one of best friends. :)
That's great to hear.. I know you spent a lot of time with her... :)

6:30AM – Black coffee, fruit salad 1c
9:30AM – Crackers x 10, ground pork
12:00PM – Tuna sandwich, side salad – no dressing
5:00PM – Chicken & Green beans, tea
8:30PM – Protein shake

I’m not going to workout today. I’m giving myself a day off and also body. I’m really sore from the other day when I was forcing myself to work out… Man, I worked out hard! I’ll do Kick Boxing tomorrow morning before I go to the florist shop & make orders for the wedding.

Besides going to Groupon and Living Social to get discounted deals, I also go to other website and purchase deals around the city. I found a deal for $80 I get 6 sessions of 30mins with a personal trainer. I noticed in her blog she took pictures that look like work building gym! It would be AWESOME if we workout downstairs during lunch time when I’m NOT doing kick boxing. It will help change workout a bit more! I’m not sure how it’s going to turn out but I already sent her an email this morning…. Like 6:30AM… LOL… I got a bit excited! :mrgreen:

I love today… No matter how dark it looks and how hard it’s raining… It’s a beautiful day knowing I’ll get braces OFF in a couple of hours!! I’m leaving work early so I can take them off & do some nice cleaning!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a good weekend all :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

80 for 6 sessions is a great deal! Do you mind sharing what webstite you found that one at?

You must be now braces free, great feeling i'm sure. :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Congrats on getting your braces off! You're going to feel so much more comfortable. Great deal on the trainer by the way - that's like 6 sessions for the price of 1.

There are so many things to feel grateful for, and to appreciate about life. It's nice to remind yourself of the things in your life that you love :) Sometimes weight loss feels like a vacuum, it becomes the main thing we think about. It's good to keep it in perspective.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM - Black coffee
9:30AM - Crackers x 10
11:30AM - Rice, bbq chicken, said green salad
1:30PM - Meal replacement shake
5:00PM - Meal replacement shake
7:00PM - Scamble egg whites & spinach
9:00 PM - Workout (Weights 45mins/Cardio 25mins) - protein shake

It’s just another hectic Monday morning at work. Usually I would get all grumpy and hungry for not eating breakfast but for some reason I was not hungry at all. I didn’t even finish 1 cup of coffee either. Usually I would have about 3 cups. Not sure why, maybe stress? Last night I didn’t fall asleep until 3:30AM and had to get up at 5:30AM. I didn’t sleep much but I don’t feel all that sleepy at all. I feel like something is not right or maybe I’m just thinking too much.

I’m working out during lunch time. I need to leave work early for errands but will workout night when I get home.

I don’t think I will post this month picture. I haven’t had time to take the pictures. I’ll try… :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't over-analyse things too much. If the issues, you experience persist for another few days, then consider a consultation of some kind to alay any fears.

We all sometimes get a few nights where sleep is disjointed, but only when such things become regular occurances, should more heed be taken. Things like stress, external noise, having one or two different things in the diet for one day, that might affect hormone production, increased or decreased room temperature, viral illness and possibly other things too, can all contribute, but should not be looked at as significant or serious, until such time has elapsed that it seems more than just coincidence, or one of those things.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:It’s just another hectic Monday morning at work. Usually I would get all grumpy and hungry for not eating breakfast but for some reason I was not hungry at all. I didn’t even finish 1 cup of coffee either. Usually I would have about 3 cups. Not sure why, maybe stress? Last night I didn’t fall asleep until 3:30AM and had to get up at 5:30AM. I didn’t sleep much but I don’t feel all that sleepy at all. I feel like something is not right or maybe I’m just thinking too much.
I think boss gave great advice on that. See if it continues. Are you depressed at all? Or maybe stress like you said. We don't know all that is going on but i know you have a lot on your plate. Hope everything is going well Nokie. :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Phew! Hard to catch up - I had a difficult time following the thread, maybe some parts were edited out, who knows! LOL Anyway - you must be so excited - braces off, wedding around the corner and so much success in your workout/diet regimen. You have a wonderful fiance who obviously loves and supports you.

"Let love be your shelter. The world is noisy and confusing at times,
so make a home that is a haven,
a peaceful place where you can listen to your hearts
and savor the comfortable closeness you share.

No matter how busy your days may be, make time for yourselves.
Hold Hands. Unwind. Surprise watch other.
Find little chances every day to show you're grateful to be partners,
to be friends, to be married.

Life is not perfect. You will make mistakes,
but each time you will meet life's challenges together,
you will grow wiser, stronger, and surer of your love.

Cherish your yesterdays. They are irreplaceable souvenirs
of your journey through life.
Make memories that will bring smiles and sighs
whenever you look back. Look back often!

Look forward too. Dream together. Plan together.
Make promises to keep. Believe in your tomorrows,
because tomorrows are what forever is made of.

To make love last, put each other first.
That is the way to make a beautiful life together,
the kind of life you both deserve so much."

I wish for you much love and happiness...but always remember, marriage means more than smiles and good times. It means caring for each other and building bridges of trust. It means not being afraid to ask and answer difficult questions...it means accepting one another for who you are....it means pulling together when things get rough, knowing that love will be there no matter what.

Nokie - you are a beautiful person who holds a special place in heart. wishes above are passages I use in wedding ceremonies as a Justice of the Peace - words that I feel says it all. Love, Lu
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope everything is well in nOKIE land!! Your wedding is like a month away!!!!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hi all, I just wanted to drop by for a quick update.

Thanks Bossman, I’m trying not to think too much because I have other things to talk about.

Hey Becky, I’m not depress or anything. I am bum out at times and very stress out. You know wedding suppose to be stressful but fun…. Right now I’m dreading to go on because… sigh… let’s just say… because a lot of things! I’m happy one day then down the next… I’m keeping things positive and move forward.

Thanks Lu… I will keep the words of wisdom in mind at all time! Sorry about little journal of food & venting.. .LOL. Yes, I deleted some stuff just because I wrote it when I was pissed or bothered by it but when I cool down… It’s best if I take it down because this is a public site & it might haunt me one of these days! LOL

6:30 – Coffee, banana
9:30 – Coffee, crackers x 10, hard boiled eggs x 2
12:00 – Chicken noodle soup – Light, banana
2:30 – Meal replacement
6:00 – TBA

It’s very crazy and I haven’t had much time to myself or any sleep. Sometimes, I feel tired and just crash but I wake up in the middle of the night and just sit/lay there doing nothing… I tried to workout but didn’t feel like it.

The last couple of weeks I had birthday, bachelorette party and engagement pictures done. I’ll post up some pictures later. mom said I had a big face and I should have done hair differently. She also said arms are big. I should have got another dress or a sweater taking pictures… Nothing will ever pleases her. I’m bothered but I already expected that from her so it kind of bothered me less. I have other things to worry about and mom’s criticism plays a small part!

I’m not working out today because I’m super duper sore from yesterday’s workout. diet was not bad but not as strict… I didn’t gain but didn’t lose… I think? I haven’t checked the scale yet… I haven’t had a chance to get a new one yet. However, I still workout as much as I can. Sometimes I only do 15-20mins and I only do 25-30mins of weights. I don't have much time but I do try to add them in. It keeps me sane sometimes! I stll watch what I eat but I need energy so I eat more than usual... :)

Ok, I’ll drop by again… :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

glad to see you drop by nokie. :D

I'm glad your not taking your mom's criticism to heart to much.

Sorry it's so stressful for you Nokie. :( I wish i could help you but if you ever want someone to talk to send me a I hope it calms down for you though. :)

HUGs! missed you around here. :)
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Don't forget to keep eating! Amazing work keeping all those balls in the air :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Am i wrong or is your wedding next weekend!!! Excited for you!! hope things are going well for you and your feeling less stressed Nokie. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Yes Becky… wedding is this coming Sunday!! (Breathe…..)

Just a bit of an update... I am currently on 5 weeks of vacation as of today!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will still do light cardio but I really don’t have enough time to go to the gym so I will try best to workout at home. I got so much to do & so little time to do them all. But, I think updating friends in here is important to me! :wink:

diet has been OK but not the best. I don’t think I’m eating enough but I do try to have hard boiled eggs, string cheese, nuts and protein shake with me (already pre-made ones). I eat lots of leafy greens & drink tons of water! It totally helps me feel less bloated & it keeps face clear! Having said that……

Weight in this morning 4/23/12 …….. 143.2lbs!!!!!

I don’t have a body frame pictures to show you right now because time is limited. However, I love to share you engagement pictures from last month’s take. No passwords so please enjoy. It’s from professional photographer webpage. (Yes & no more braces!!! Thank goodness) Miss you all and I will try very best to update before & after the wedding!... :D

http://studiosimplicity.com/blog/2012/0 ... -03-22-12/