Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

You look really good Nokie!! Your hardwork is paying off. Looking great! :D
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Wow! Your Feb updates look awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing the progression of pics...someday I might have the courage to do that...but at the cusp of 60, not sure it's in anyone's best interest?! It's always nice to see the results of your hard work - great job girl!!!

If I hadn't just made plans to go to Florida in March I would seriously consider going to California in Arpil, but can only do so much :( I wish I knew you lived there a few years back - I went to visit former father in law in Pt Reyes and since he's in his 80's it would be nice to see him again. Maybe next year. I went by myself and had tons of time - it was a relaxing vacation, one where I just needed to get away - it was almost like running away during some difficult times here, all work related I think, it's all a blur these days - LOL
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30 - Black coffee, grapefruit 1/2
9:30 - Scramble egg whites, wheat bread x 2
12:00 - Grilled chicken, baby spinach, grapefruit 1/2
3:30 - Plain yogurt, blueberries
6:00 - Ground lean beef, baby spinach, cucumbers
8:30 - Zumba/Abs - 45mins/15mins - Protein shake

musculArgirl2 wrote:How are you going to do it after the alteration and fitting to maintain what you've lost do you have any plan for that?? Just curious if your going to do anything different? I once was in a wedding and i was training for a marathon during this time so between when i got fitted and when the wedding took place i lost weight. i think i went down a size. I think i ended up wearing another girls dress because it fit me better and mine fit hers okay. You won't have that option though. :)
They will not finish the alteration on dress until 1 week before wedding so they can get the very last measurements in. Supposedly, brides tend to loose more weight the week or 2 weeks before their wedding because of the stress level. But to me, stress level is high all the time... so ehhh… yeah… Nothing new to me just gotta manage things around and make it through each day! However, the fact that dress is lace up and not zip up, I can loose another 10lbs or gain 10lbs after alterations I would still be safe. (I doubt I’ll loose 10lbs in a week, but gaining 10lbs – possible!) :shock:

After alteration and wedding, I will still continue to work on health & fitness goals... Maybe not as strict on diet when I’m on vacation, I want to taste different kind of food while I’m in Asia! However, our hotels and cruise will still have a gym, so I will continue to workout in the mornings. I personally don’t want to pig out while I’m on vacation and forget the hard work I’m putting in now and having to eat the same damn meals almost every day and workout 1-2 times a day to get where I want and mess it up for a single vacation and come back home and complain how fat I got… it’s cool. I know I’ll gain some weight because I’ll enjoy the good food same time I’ll keep it in moderation. Going back to your question Becky, I will continue to maintain or loose more after the wedding unless… I get knocked up! :shock: LOL, then I’ll just focus on being healthy! :lol:
AnnaCruzDC wrote:Couldn't get in your website, over quota. I'll try later...can't wait! :) HAPPY V DAY!
Anna, I just checked the webpage it works fine. I’m not sure what it means by “over quota” but it should work. At work, internet explore doesn’t play the video. However, at home Google chrome, Firefox, and internet explore works. :)
ldematto wrote:Wow! Your Feb updates look awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing the progression of pics...someday I might have the courage to do that...but at the cusp of 60, not sure it's in anyone's best interest?! It's always nice to see the results of your hard work - great job girl!!!
Trust me Lu, I can be a very shy person too but it did took a lot of gust to take pictures like this and post it up so anybody on the web can see it! I think it’s a mental thing for me. People are looking at me and progress. I am accountable for myself and progress so I HAVE to work hard… LOL… Same time it’s a motivation because sometimes, I don’t see any progress and when I post picture people see things I don’t! And when I’m sick and tired of the damn diet and workouts I tend to lose motivation but when I see pictures being post and see the progress and the positive comments people made makes me want to work harder and continue to focus on goals…. Still, I’m working on it and I’m not there yet! I’m not aiming for a size 0 like friends but I want to be a bit fit. ideal pants size is 3-4 but as long as I’m fit and healthy, I’m happy! :mrgreen:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Nokie, I am so proud of you for the changes you've made! You can see in the feb. pics an obvious loss of inches all over and especially your legs!! Wow!
With all that you have going on, it is so amazing that you have been able to also stay focused on your diet and exercise - and it shows!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is not to give up. You have many reasons to do this, not least for your own sake, health and longevity and because you will ALWAYS be worth it :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Are you thinking about having children soon after getting married? If you don't want to answer it's okay. I'm being a little noisey. LOL

Good they make alterations till a week prior. :D

Nokie173 wrote:I’m not aiming for a size 0 like friends but I want to be a bit fit. ideal pants size is 3-4 but as long as I’m fit and healthy, I’m happy!
I'm glad that this your goal! I'm sure it must be hard with thin friends who are sticks but aiming to be fit and healthy is a nice, healthy, confident goal to have. :) A size zero definitely won't bring happiness. But being fit and healthy will i believe since we all are different body types! :D

I don't even think most people would look good as a size zero. I think that might be too skinny for a lot of people.
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Being a size zero eh?

Zero is another word for nothing and who wants to be a nothing?

Enough said really :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I'm glad that this your goal! I'm sure it must be hard with thin friends who are sticks but aiming to be fit and healthy is a nice, healthy, confident goal to have. :) A size zero definitely won't bring happiness. But being fit and healthy will i believe since we all are different body types!
Let me clarify the size 0. I guess I wrote it wrong :shock: ... LOL :lol: but they already a size 0. I’m not aiming to be like them and I don’t think I will ever want to because I love food so much. One of them actually wants to gain weight even though she eats more than all of us but she doesn’t gain. (She got some darn good genes!) :evil:

9:00AM – Black coffee, banana
1:00PM – Pork sandwich (Eat ½)
3:30PM – Black coffee, pork sandwich (Finish ½)
6:30PM – Ground beef and lettuce
9:00PM – Hard boiled egg whites x 3, green tea

I was so hungry last night. I had to boil some eggs. I didn’t feel like protein shake and wanted something solid. I took some time off work to take care of stuff. Boy, I was so busy taking care of errands with family and wedding stuff that I had to eat and drive. I couldn’t bring food to the places where we were at and rushed once we got there so I couldn’t really stay in the car to eat. :cry:

6:30AM – Black coffee, orange
9:30AM – Black coffee, thin rye crackers x 4, turkey deli
12:00PM – Chicken, brown rice, salad (Eating ½)
2:30PM – Chicken, brown rice, salad (Finish ½)
4:30PM – Zumba 45mins – protein shake
7:00PM – Steam fish, salad, green tea

For some reason, I am getting A LOT of compliments from co-workers. They are making me blushing and all. I have to admit. I went to mom’s house yesterday and shopped in own closet…. Clothes I couldn’t wear or was too tight before fits me now! So today, I am wearing tighter clothes than usual loose clothing… It does feel good to get some compliments and it does somehow boost self esteem to wear fitted clothes than wear loose/baggy clothing. One of co-worker asked if I went shopping yesterday… (Yeah right!) I told her I went shopping in own closets and some clothes still have a price tag from 3-5 years ago. LOL... oh man, I need to shop in closet more often! :mrgreen:
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

I don't know why everyone always rags on size zero women. A size zero woman can look plenty healthy depending on her height. I have a few friends that are size zeroes and they actually look a tiny bit chubby. How? Because one is 4" 9.5" and the other is 4'11". I mean, a lot of people don't think I'm as large as I am because I'm so tall. I have relatives that buy me things that are a size 14 or 16 when in reality I'm a size 20 or 22. It's all about height and structure I think. *shrug* But as long as you are happy and healthy, Nokie, aim for whatever size you want, darling.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

no one's ragging on size zero. I think just being fit and healthy is really the goal not what size you are wearing. :D it definitely depends on your body type if a size zero will look okay. i think each person is different. Nowadays size zeros aren't as small as they once were either i suppose. i don't know anyone that wears a size zero right now. Someone said jennfer hudson is a size zero and she looks skinny but not too skinny although i haven't seen her recently so i dunno. :?

But i suppose just focusing on being fit and healthy and letting your size follow is the way to go. and not getting caught up in what size you are anyways. Is the way to go. :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Ok, no more talk about size 0 people!! They are who they are and we are who we are. Done! :P

5:00AM – Kick boxing (30mins) – Protein shake
6:30AM – Coffee, wheat bread, scramble egg whites
9:30AM – Coffee, thin rye crispbread x 4, deli turkey
12:00PM – Grilled chicken salad, orange
2:30PM – Thin rye crispbread x 4, deli turkey
4:30PM – Weights/abs – 45mins/15mins – Protein shake
6:30PM – Nice FAT steak and steam spinach, string beans

Long weekend for a lot of errands! Enjoy your weekend people :wink:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Ok, no more talk about size 0 people!! They are who they are and we are who we are. Done!
Yeah i think your right enough talk about that. LOL

Have a nice weeekend nokie!! No stressing!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

02/21/12
5:00AM – Kick boxing (30mins) – Protein shake
6:30AM – Black coffee, grapefruit ½
9:30AM – Thin eye crispbread x 2, scramble egg whites x 2
12:00PM – BBQ chicken salad wrap ½, grapefruit ½
2:30PM – BBQ chicken salad wrap ½, black coffee
6:00PM – Seaweed salad, spicy pork, cucumber, black coffee
9:00PM – Meal replacement shake
11:30PM – Meal replacement shake – If hungry
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Sorry your having problems Nokie! I hate it when people use religion like that!!! You don't force people to be religious. You can lead by example on religion and that's all you can or should do.

Just focus on why you are getting married. :)
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Exactly, it's your wedding and guests should either respect your wishes or not come :).