Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by Boss Man »

What you could do is eat the meal repalcement, if it's a shake, after the kickboxing and have the wheat sandwich an hour before, because you'll be digesting the nutrition well before you start, giving you good energy and sustenance, rather than potentially quick sustenance off a shake that may fade a bit in its actions, near the end of the workout, then you have some fast nutrition to recover with afterwards by having the shake; assuming the meal replacement is a shake.

The Eggs could have included some form of Carbs there too, to give a few more calories, because you're only eating around 130 otherwise. Unless you just ate those due to not feeling like eating too much, in which case if that meal is normally a little more caloric, then forget comments about that meal :).

Either way, keep up the hard work because you're doing great and i'm proud of you Nokie.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

how did the holiday party go Nokie? 4th party? Maybe being sick was a blessing at those parties. :wink:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

@ Bossman, yes, the meal replacement is a shake. I will try to have more food before workout. I personally like to solid food before weights and lighter before cardio. But I will have protein shake after weights and /or cardio workout. I will also have some carbs with eggs… I just didn’t feel like eating much last week.

@ Becky, the party was alright. This year, I’m not really in to it. Everybody was eating so much and drinking so much. I had some meat, veggie, hot tea and a small spoon of Tiramisu. ( sister-in-law to be made it and really wanted me to eat it. I didn’t want to but not to hurt her feeling, I had a spoon of it. Done, told her it was good and no more sweets) The rest of the night… I sat on the sofa and slept until 3AM when fiancé was ready to go home.

*Besides the food and drink… I had fun watching the babies & kids. They had games to win prizes and talent show… It was very cute. I got the VIP seat because I got the sofa and no one wanted to sit with a sick person… LOL :lol:

6:30AM – Coffee, sandwich ½
9:30AM – Sandwich ½
12:00PM – Brown rice, laap pork (Thai dish) and fried egg
2:30PM – Lettuce wrap, low-fat string cheese, turkey deli x 2
4:30PM – Zumba Cardio/Abs – 45mins – protein shake
6:30PM – Stir fried lean beef and steam cabbage

Monday workout –
Kick boxing 45mins – Lunch
Full body weights – 60mins – Night (Home)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

nokie it sounds like you are feeling better? You did so good at the party!

I know you mentioned in journal about people overeating during the holidays. Your very right and you did your coworker a favor by making that comment to her to basicaly quit eating. :mrgreen:

It is a hard thing though to resist i know that. :)

there is definitely some truth to starting fresh over the new year with whatever your goals are. i can see how people fall into a rut of pigging out deciding to just wait till after the new year. Easy thing to happen.
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnnaCruzDC
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by AnnaCruzDC »

Nokie! Wow, you are doing great. I haven't been on this in forever and have missed everyone here. Hope you are enjoying your holidays with your family and friends. HAPPY NEW YEAR, girl!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie, how are you doing?? is it time to weigh in again. You inspire me! :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:Nokie, how are you doing?? is it time to weigh in again. You inspire me! :D
Hey Becky... Yes, it's time... But I might have to do it sometime next week. This week is a bit hectic :mrgreen:
AnnaCruzDC wrote:Nokie! Wow, you are doing great. I haven't been on this in forever and have missed everyone here. Hope you are enjoying your holidays with your family and friends. HAPPY NEW YEAR, girl!
YAY.. Anna... How have you been girl? I hope everything is all good!!!

Happy New Year!!!

6:30AM - Coffee, oatmeal, orange
9:30AM - Meal replacement drink
11:30AM - Brown rice, pork stew, steam veggie
2:30PM - Meal replacement drink
5:30PM - Chicken, lettuce salad
8:00PM - Spicy pork, lettuce salad
11:00PM - Meal replacement

I didn't do a good job preparing meals today (Long day too) Ohwell, I'll try best.

Update on the past few weeks - Food - Wasn't bad but wasn't good either. Usually i'm stricter but I gave in.
I usually pig out but I didn't. I had some of this and that, just to get cravings out of the way.
I've be stricted and walked away but after I dream of eating it.. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said, I wasn't bad but wasn't as strict so wasn't all that good.

Workout, haven't worked out much only 15-20mins of quick this and quick that in the morning.
A lot of people are off for the last 2-3 weeks and I had to cover them while they were off.
So, I couldn't go to gym during lunch and I had to work long hours to get all the work done.
I do try to fit it in when I get up in the morning... I'm glad people are back so I can actually go home early (except today)
Starting tomorrow, I can take a long lunch and run to the gym again. :mrgreen:

Ok - 4 more months left before the wedding (2 more months before alteration).. For some reason, I'm getting nervous.
Although it's suppose to be a small wedding.. I'm getting butterflies in tummy just thinking about it. :?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Ok - 4 more months left before the wedding (2 more months before alteration).. For some reason, I'm getting nervous.
Although it's suppose to be a small wedding.. I'm getting butterflies in tummy just thinking about it.
I would be nervous too! You will do great and look beautiful and it will be fun night, no worries nokie! So excited for you. :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM - Coffee, Oatmeal, orange
10:30AM - Brown rice, spicy pork
12:00PM - Weights Workout (45mins) - Protein shake
1:30PM - Brown rice, spicy pork, string beans, orange
4:00PM - Meal replacement shake
6:30PM - Chinese broccoli and spicy pork
8:30PM - Kick boxing - 60mins - Protein shake

Sooo... sore. But I wasn't tired while doing weights...
Yup, eating solid food before weights workout is much better!! :mrgreen:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

5:15AM - Zumba warm up and stretch (Protein shake)
7:00AM - Coffee, Oatmeal, orange
9:30AM – Dim Sum x 3
12:00pM - Brown rice, spicy pork, string beans, orange
2:30PM - Meal replacement shake
6:00PM - Grilled chicken, steam veggies
8:30PM - Kick Boxing (60mins) - protein shake

What a waste... I lost some vacation hours at work!
There's a cap on how much we can accrue and if we don’t use it – we’ll lose it.
So, I’m forced to take some days off… like tomorrow!

Right now, I’m being peer pressure from friends… Middle of last year, I reunited with a lot of college girlfriends. We kept in touch and all but I’m happy they are back…Anyways, friends are usually good when I say No to things like drinking or smoking… but for some reason they are continuing to pressure me to run with them. They are training for 15k race and I decline because I don’t think I can do it or have time to train. Just to lightly turn them down, I did mention if it’s less than 15K I would try… I seriouly didn’t think they would reply with another race - 5K run… sigh.

Don’t get me wrong… I am very inspired by runners… Like Lynn and many times it makes me want to run too. However, I guess I don’t have confidence in me to actually think of racing when I don’t even run! After 10-15mins of running easy pace I’m done. I can however do 25-30mins of intervals but me running in a race?!?!?!?!… dunno. :?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

when is the 5K race? if you haven't been running at all, you would need at least 12 weeks to train safely. I recommend 16 weeks. alot of people do it in a shorter time, but if it is something new to you, you should gradually work up to it. But don't think you can't do it, with proper training and enough time I know you could. The real question is - do you WANT to do it. Running isn't everybody's thing, and if it is not something you think you would enjoy then just tell your friends that while you appreciate them wanting to include you, it's just not something you are "in to".
You are already in great cardio shape with all the kickboxing and zumba workouts, but running is more about conditioning your body to be able to take the stress of running, so be careful with it if you decide to do it. You know i love running, but I also know that it is not something to do unless you really want it, and it has to be done in baby steps. :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

That's sad Nokie. Being forced to take a day off! I never have that problem. :wink:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM - Coffee, cutiesx2, wheat breadx2, peanut butter
10:00AM - Cutiesx2
12:00PM - Split Pea Soup, cutie
2:30PM - Meal replacement shake
6:30PM - Scamble egg whites - beef ball and cabbage
8:00PM - Kick boxing - 60mins - Protein shake

mom gave me a big bag of cuties (small oranges) so I’m trying to eat them before it goes to waste. Last month she gave me a bag too but I only had 2 and threw the rest away! So, every time I have a sweet craving… BAM… little cuties in tummy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks Lynn!!! :mrgreen:
Update on the 5K topic, I decline only because its next month!!! They mentioned another one in July. I will give it a consideration again later only if I have time to run and see how I like it. So, for now… I’m not worry about running… just wedding and work… sigh… tax season once again… :evil:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i have cutie pies to eat up too! I think you should try training for a 5k this summer. You may hate it but you won't know unless you try. You might start liking it after you get into training and see progress! And if you do hate it like you think you will you can hang up the running shoes and know that it's not for you.

How you find the time to do anything though with all the hours you put in at work amazes me! :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:i have cutie pies to eat up too! I think you should try training for a 5k this summer. You may hate it but you won't know unless you try. You might start liking it after you get into training and see progress! And if you do hate it like you think you will you can hang up the running shoes and know that it's not for you.

How you find the time to do anything though with all the hours you put in at work amazes me! :D
Cutie pies?? - You mean pies? or cuties orange?
Yeah... I'll think about the 5K. I mean, I am interested in it because I never did a race before.
But I can't seem to get myself to the lake and run outside.. :?

I guess, if I really want something... I gotta make time regardless or I'm just crazy ... one of them! :P

6:30AM - Coffee, oatmeal, cuties x 2
9:00AM - Orange
11:00AM - Wheat bread, peanut butter
12:00PM - Weights workout - Protein shake
1:30PM - Clam Chowder - Light, cuties x 2
3:30PM - Meal replacement shake
6:30PM - Steam veggie, grilled fish
8:30PM - Kick Boxing & abs (60 mins) - Protein shake

So, I went to the gym today and the time I got there I saw a sign ‘No 12PM weight class today’. I recognized some regulars and noticed they were debating to stay or leave. They decided to leave and looked at me to see if I was leaving too but of course NOT. It’s a waste of lunch time… You know it takes me 5-7mins to walk/run to the gym and another 5-7mins to walk/run back to work that’s a total of 10-14mins. So, I really don’t want to waste time. I wanted to do some free weights but since it was during lunch time… it was busy in that area and all the benches were taken. :(

So, I went to the weight machine ones. I don’t use them as much but once in awhile… I guess it’s not bad. Thank goodness for the assistants tho or else I would have crushed myself. I totally forgot how much weights I use for each workout so I just put whatever… After the 3rd set, I was shaking… it’s gotta be either 1) I’m not working out enough with weights so I got weaker or 2) I had too much weights. I did larger muscles to smaller muscles. I did 8-10 reps and 3 sets. 2 different workouts for each muscle group and I even had time to do some deep stretch at the end. Ok… Kick Boxing tonight when I get home! :mrgreen: