Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i thought we called them cutie pies here :? they are a small orange i think a clementine or tangerine one or the other can't remember which one it is. :)

I love it. You pushed that much in weight and now you are going for kickboxing tonight? You rule!!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Tangerine.
Clementine.
Satsuma
Tangelo, (a kind of cross between a Tangerine and a Satsuma. Not a musical instrument) :P.

Perhaps you were thinking of one of those.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Nokie173 wrote:They decided to leave and looked at me to see if I was leaving too but of course NOT.
Good for you, it takes a lot to not take the easy route and follow the others out - great job :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i guess there clementines. never hear of
Boss Man wrote:Satsuma
Tangelo, (a kind of cross between a Tangerine and a Satsuma.
but they sound good!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I’m alive! Seriously…

7:00AM – Coffee, wheat bread x1, peanut butter, cutie
9:30AM – Wheat bread x1, peanut butter, Orange
12:00PM – Chicken and wild rice soup, apple
2:30PM – Meal replacement shake
5:00PM – Beef salad
8:00PM – Meal replacement shake
11:30PM – Meal replacement shake (If still hungry)

Last week, I didn’t eat or workout much. I think last Wednesday almost the end of work day, eye sight started to get blurry. I stopped staring at screen and closed eyes for a bit but I still couldn’t see around the side of the eyes. So, I took off contacts and wore glasses. I still couldn’t see and everything was still blurry. It lasted about 30mins or so. I went to the ladies room and closed eyes tight so I can focus on the flashing lights that were making eye sight blurry.

After it stopped I went to the train station and felt light head and dizzy. Lucky I wasn’t driving and fiancé picked me up from there. Then I suddenly had a head ache. Not usual head ache or migraine. It was from the back of the neck to the side of left brain. I took some ibuprofen to help with head ache. It went away for a bit but after dinner both of hands and arms was numb and the head ache started to come back.

fiancé insist that I go to the emergency room. I told him, I was ok if I took some more medicine and just sleep. I happened to be on the phone with friend and told her symptoms and she said it might be sign of a stroke and should get it checked up. I suddenly had a hard time breathing and had used inhaler. chest started to hurt a bit because I was breathing so hard trying to get air. By the end of night I was coughing and every time I cough I felt like there was a big BANG that’s hitting 1 side of head. It was miserable and painful. I called the advice nurse and told her symptoms and if I should be concern and what I can take to help ease the pain. The advice nurse told me to go to the emergency room.

I did… I was getting nervous because everybody keeps saying get check up. So, at 12AM in the morning I went to the emergency. The bang in head was getting painful as the night/morning goes on. The doctor told me it’s not a stroke or any blood clot in the brain. It was a migraine with a cold cough and allergies (can’t breathe). He gave me vicodin for the bang in the head and chest pain. The next morning, I was getting ready to go to work but started to puke all over the place and the head banging did NOT go away. However, the chest pain was gone! I couldn’t get out of bed and couldn’t even eat. mom made me some rice porridge so I guess that’s the best when feeling shitty! I then combine the vocodin with migraine medicine… Oh Goodness… Heaven! I slept for so long and when I got up no banging in head and no migraine!!!

However, during the weekend, I still felt light headed here and there. At one point I was about to black out in the middle of grocery shopping. I still don’t know the cause but I will work with doctor about it. I can already assume what she will say (without any test done) it’s stress level and migraine. Blah blah blah… Please, tell me something I don’t know! Anyways, I feel way better than last week for sure. I’ll slowly try to workout but maybe not as intensive because I don’t want to faint in the middle of class. Long day at work again (Yeah, it might be the stress level). :?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

[quote="Nokie173"]Image

quote]

Okay your right they are cuties! :wink:

Scary! I didn't know migranes could get that bad. :? Glad your feeling better!!!!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You would know if you had a stroke, as you could use the FAST principle on someone, or they on you.

Face: Is the face falling or drooping on one side?

Arms: Can someone fully raise both Arms?

Speech: Is the speech becoming slurred?

Time: Time to act.

Strokes come in two forms, a Cerebrovascular Heamorhhage, (burst blood vessel on the Brain), or a Cerebrovascular Infarction, (Ischemic stroke, (a blockage in the brain, often caused by an Embolism, a detached bloodclot that came from elsewhere and lodged in the Brain)).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:You would know if you had a stroke, as you could use the FAST principle on someone, or they on you.

Face: Is the face falling or drooping on one side?

Arms: Can someone fully raise both Arms?

Speech: Is the speech becoming slurred?

Time: Time to act.

Strokes come in two forms, a Cerebrovascular Heamorhhage, (burst blood vessel on the Brain), or a Cerebrovascular Infarction, (Ischemic stroke, (a blockage in the brain, often caused by an Embolism, a detached bloodclot that came from elsewhere and lodged in the Brain)).
Thank you... good to know. :mrgreen:

7:30AM – Coffee, oatmeal
9:30AM – Wheat bread x1, turkey deli, low fat cheese, orange
12:00PM – Thai noodles (Pad-Sa-Ew Chicken) ½, orange
2:30PM – Meal replacement
6:00PM – Scramble eggs & spinach
8:00PM – Weights (45mins)/ Kick Boxing (25mins)
9:30PM – Protein shake

I have really big calves and it’s not even funny! Since its been very cold lately, I kind of want boots. OMG, it’s just soooo hard to find one that can pull/zip up pass calves. This heavy set lady, sat next to me trying some on and BAM fits her perfectly!!! WTF? I know I have some muscles there but I also have some fat!! It’s not that I don’t like big calves but its crazy big… it’s pretty frustrating because I don’t wear short skirts or shorts because of it. When I do wear skirts, it’s a long one! I guess, I have to continue to do cardio and a bunch of squats and lunges!!!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:I have really big calves and it’s not even funny! Since its been very cold lately, I kind of want boots. OMG, it’s just soooo hard to find one that can pull/zip up pass calves. This heavy set lady, sat next to me trying some on and BAM fits her perfectly!!! WTF? I know I have some muscles there but I also have some fat!! It’s not that I don’t like big calves but its crazy big… it’s pretty frustrating because I don’t wear short skirts or shorts because of it. When I do wear skirts, it’s a long one! I guess, I have to continue to do cardio and a bunch of squats and lunges!!!
I've felt your pain Nokie. I have big calves too.

Personally though as long as i can get thinner, and feel hopefully as toned as hopefully nonexistant stretched skin will be and lose some (a lot) of fat i don't really care anymore that i have big calfs etc. But i do know how you feel. :)
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Nokie173 wrote:I have really big calves and it’s not even funny! Since its been very cold lately, I kind of want boots. OMG, it’s just soooo hard to find one that can pull/zip up pass calves.
Girl, I know what you are talking about! I can't even wear some of the jeans that are boot cut because I can't get calves in them! I have huge calves, always have. They are muscular but I'm sure there is some fat also hanging on there too. :?
I have noticed that some shoe stores are starting to have boots that have an elastic spacer at the top of the boot to allow more room. That's the kind I finally found that I can get on - barely, but I can. 8)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nothing wrong with a full Calf. If it helps add a little more protection and stability to the lower leg in regards to connective tissues and bones, it's a good thing.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I’m not saying it’s really bad but just frustrating because it prevents me from wearing things. Yes, I know it’s materialistic of me wanting to dress like some people who can wear anything they want. People often tell me to appreciate body more and wear what fits not make things fit. (Don’t get me wrong... I don’t wear tight clothes were muffin top or butt crack shows, I see a lot of people and it's not so pretty :? ) I guess, being healthy and have supportive bones is a good thing.

6:30AM – Coffee, bread x1
9:30AM – Wheat bagel, peanut butter
12:00PM – Chicken, brown rice, soup 1/2
2:30PM – Chicken, brown rice, salad 1/2
6:00PM – Steam fish, steam veggies, side - light soy sauce
9:00PM – Kick Boxing (45mins)/Zumba abs (15mins) – Proteins hake
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

8:30AM – Coffee, wheat bread x2, eggs, turkey and cheese sandwich
10:00AM – Coffee, orange
12:00PM – Beef, brown rice, green tea
2:30PM – Turkey deli and lettuce
5:00PM – Meal replacement shake
7:30PM – Steam fish & string beans
10PM – Workout (Maybe – If I get home)

meals are timely today because I’m working. Depending what time I get home, I’ll try to fit it in. I should have got up earlier today and work out in the morning but for some darn reason, I was tired… maybe things are finally getting to me or maybe I got up the wrong side of the bed. But right now, I’m so pissed off I really want to kick the wall or throw something out the window or scream out loud until I can’t scream anymore or bang head on the table! I just want to burst out in tears because I’m tired just so damn tired. Everything is just so fucked up… family, wedding, work, finance, and health... or maybe I’m a bit emotional… but times like this… I just want to drink myself to death! I hate how I try to do something good but end up back firing. I hate how I speak up but get slap for saying something. I hate how I have to take so much reasonability for everything and when it goes wrong, fingers are pointed at me. I hate the fact that I’m being blamed that our family breaking apart. I just really hate that whatever I do and whatever I say is wrong. I hate how people think it’s their damn wedding and demand it should be a certain way. I hate the fact that people take their anger out on me because I’m the youngest and I’m a female. I hate that I’m fat no matter how hard I try I’m still the same. I hate the way I look and don’t even want to look in the mirror… I hate myself for being so damn negative right now.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:01.21.12
8:30AM – Coffee, wheat bread x2, eggs, turkey and cheese sandwich
10:00AM – Coffee, orange
12:00PM – Beef, brown rice, green tea
2:30PM – Turkey deli and lettuce
5:00PM – Meal replacement shake
7:30PM – Steam fish & string beans
10PM – Workout (Maybe – If I get home)

meals are timely today because I’m working. Depending what time I get home, I’ll try to fit it in. I should have got up earlier today and work out in the morning but for some darn reason, I was tired… maybe things are finally getting to me or maybe I got up the wrong side of the bed. But right now, I’m so pissed off I really want to kick the wall or throw something out the window or scream out loud until I can’t scream anymore or bang head on the table! I just want to burst out in tears because I’m tired just so damn tired. Everything is just so fucked up… family, wedding, work, finance, and health... or maybe I’m a bit emotional… but times like this… I just want to drink myself to death! I hate how I try to do something good but end up back firing. I hate how I speak up but get slap for saying something. I hate how I have to take so much reasonability for everything and when it goes wrong, fingers are pointed at me. I hate the fact that I’m being blamed that our family breaking apart. I just really hate that whatever I do and whatever I say is wrong. I hate how people think it’s their damn wedding and demand it should be a certain way. I hate the fact that people take their anger out on me because I’m the youngest and I’m a female. I hate that I’m fat no matter how hard I try I’m still the same. I hate the way I look and don’t even want to look in the mirror… I hate myself for being so damn negative right now.
Hey nokie i'm not the best at giving advice so bare with me. :) I'm sorry things are the way they are right now for you. :) By the way your not fat!! You have a little weight you could lose but nothing in the category of fat! I don't know exactly what is going on but i can imagine you do have a lot on your plate. The wedding, work and families can always be stressful. to be honest, I really admire you. You work so hard, your engaged to be married, you have a nice career, you live in a beautiful city, and did i say you are getting married and are going to have a beautiful wedding!!! I know things can suck sometimes and don't worry about venting, i do it all them time. LOL Maybe think about what changes you could make in your life that would change some of the things that are bothering you?? If you could escape woudl you really want too or is it just a bad day?? Either way, i hope you feel better. I"m glad you let us know too. Hugs!!! Hope you feel better!!!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

1. You are a very beautiful person.

2. You CAN and WILL lose the weight.

3. It's your wedding, so tell other people to politely back off and if they can't then forget about coming.

4. People criticising you can get bent. Tell them to look at their own behaviour and to take a more rounded view before singling you out.

You have the right to take control of such situations and rationally state your case and if you do that more than it seems you might do, you might possibily get somewhere :).

This is your life and not for anyone else to dictate and if people can't see that then they need to be told to have any chance of making things better for you.

You're doing a lot of things right and trying to make your life better and you deserve to be proud of yourself for that, so you keep pushing and keep believing in yourself, becasue you are a wonderful human being and deserve to feel that way about yourself :).