Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Your chicken and wild rice soup sounds good!

Cleaning from morning till dusk huh?? You've probably gone so much you needed to catch up. LOL
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Coffee, almond milk, weetabix x2
9:00AM – Scramble eggs, low-fat cheese, bell peppers, onions
12:00PM – Wonton soup shrimp, pork, bok-choy
2:30PM – Hard boiled eggs (2 whites) plain yogurt with honey
5:00PM – Cardio & abs – 60mins – protein shake
7:00PM – Chicken teriyaki and steam string beans

I was going to take pictures last night but OMG… it was sooooo freaking COLD I couldn’t take out clothes. I added another layer of sweater! I have 2 portable heaters and that’s all… everywhere else in house is freezing cold. I’ll try again tonight when I get home. I’m going to drag heater next to me when I take the pix… LOL. :lol:

I did weight myself this morning… Still didn’t catch up to lowest yet… That’s 150-153lbs. At that time… I was aiming for 145lbs. Right now, I don’t have a particular weight goal… I just want to fit nicely in to dress and don’t want to look so big in pictures. I know it’s shallow of me for wanting to look good but hey I’m human and I want to look best when it’s one of the few event that pictures will be taken all day and night.

What makes me more paranoid, a lot of friends are size 0-4 and not higher. Not just bridesmaids but also other girlfriends. Standing next to them will make me feel big. I know I shouldn’t think this way… but it does come with low self esteem and I’m working on that… All girlfriends tell me, I look good and look healthy and no matter what, it’s day and who care how they look. Silly girls…I know they are trying to cheer me up when I’m negative but still… it’s all in head. I know I shouldn’t compare myself because we all are different… Sometimes I’m negative about it and want to starve myself to death, same time I’m trying to keep positive by trying to push myself to continue doing what I’m doing. Sorry… just a little venting… :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't be sorry for telling people how you feel, it's perfectly human to feel how you do, because if you're losing weight and other people around you are slimmer, then it's obviously going to affect you to some extent even if it's just now and then as opposed to seriously wrecking your confidence.

The thing is it's about what you do not them. They may look slim, but what's the picture inside?

Slim people can still be at risk of things like blood pressure and cholesterol issues and Bone issues, if they don't eat enough, or don't have foods that contribute to cholesterol reductions or are high in salt perhaps coupled with a frequent caffeien intake, as caffeine can contribute to constricted bloodvessels and Salt can increase Hypertension risk and not all Salty food is automatically laden with fat as well.

Even active healthy people can be at risk of Cholesterol issues, if it's a genetic thing and may find that things like whole-grains or an increased fatty acid intake may be beneficial in curbing the problerms faced by a body that is a little more active in cholesterol production than many other peoples bodies.

Plus those people may have slightly unhealthy bone density if they don't eat enough of the right things.

So those people are not necessarily as healthy on the inside as they may look on the outside. Your main focus must be you, not them, and if you want to tell people who you feel, you're perfectly entitled to, because you just might speak to one or more people that feel similar to you, but think nobody would understand them properly.

Keep on telling people how you feel, as it all helps the rest of us to do what we feel is best for you :).

Overall your efforts have bene pertty darn great, so be proud of yourself, because you deserve to be :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote: know I shouldn’t compare myself because we all are different…
exactly right! Focus on being the best that you can be and not some imitation of Nokie that isin't you. Love yourself for who you are. The nokie i know is a very personable kind person that is always willing to lend a hand. You can be a healthy weight and not a size 0 or 4. mom said, you looked great!

Value your health nokie and think of the positives. just focus on being the healthiest person that you can be in physical aspect and mentally as well. that's what's most important. You are a beautiful person inside and out nokie I know that without a doubt.

starving yourself and being miserable is not the answer to your problems. I know you know that know. Be the best you can be nokie which i know you are doing that's all that matters don't judge yourself based on if your thinner than your girl friends. Right?? You know i'm right!

Don't be down Nokie. :D
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks guys for being so positive :D

Ok.. Here goes.. Sorry for the different rooms and the sizes of the pictures... So it's a bit off but I hope you can still see something.
I tried best to put them together... (I'm not so good with Photoshop or paint) :oops:
I can see some space between legs!!!! Man all those damn squats and lunges...or maybe it's the way i'm standing? :?
Either way... I can somewhat see the difference from Oct and Dec. tho...
Or maybe it's the lights.. ohwell, I'm going to give myself some credits! I see improvements :P
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Thanks guys for being so positive :D

Ok.. Here goes.. Sorry for the different rooms and the sizes of the pictures... So it's a bit off but I hope you can still see something.
I tried best to put them together... (I'm not so good with Photoshop or paint) :oops:
I can see some space between legs!!!! Man all those damn squats and lunges...or maybe it's the way i'm standing? :?
Either way... I can somewhat see the difference from Oct and Dec. tho...
Or maybe it's the lights.. ohwell, I'm going to give myself some credits! I see improvements :P
Nokie you look great!!!! Their is a definite improvement in your legs and in your stomach!!!! Looking really really good girl!!

ps. And your arms too. :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks Becky :D

6:30AM – Coffee, almond milk, wheat bread x1, reduced fat pb
9:00AM – Apple. Scramble egg whites, spinach, mushrooms.
12:00PM – Sushi (raw fish & brown rice) miso w/tofu soup x 1c, green salad
2:30PM – Hard boiled egg whites x 2, low fat string cheese
5:00PM – Grilled chicken and steam broccoli
6:30PM – Kick Boxing & Zumba abs – 60mins
8:00PM – Meal replacement

I was dreaming eating sushi last night…So when I got up, I wanted to eat sushi 6:30AM… LOL co-workers thought I was crazy… Like, who wants to eat fish in the morning… Umm…. Me! :P Anyways, no sushi place opens at this time an hour so I’ll order some for lunch!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Nokie you have made such progress! I can definitely tell you are losing inches! Lookin' good girl!!! :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Congrats. The evidence of progress is there.

Be proud of yourself, because you're moving in the right direction and if you continue to do the sort of things you're doing, you'll be able to get to where you want to be physically.

Chin up and keep pushing, because you're doing great and I'm proud of you :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

:) Thanks everybody..

6:30AM – Coffee, soymilk, wheat bread x 2, pb
10:30AM – Wheat bread x 2, scramble eggs, low fat cheese, spinach
12:00PM – Kick Boxing – 45mins
1:30PM – Chicken & wild rice soup, orange
4:30PM – Meal replacement
5:15PM – Zumba – 60mins
8:00PM – Scramble egg whites, bell peppers, mushrooms

I actually don’t feel well today. Feel dizzy and a bit light head. I didn’t really have an appetite but forced myself to eat breakfast and took some medicine.
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hope the zumba class was fun and you feel better Nokie. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I can see definite improvements!! Keep it up :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hello!!!

6:30AM – Coffee, deli ham, wheat crackers, low fat cheese
9:30AM – Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter & jelly
12:30PM – Ham on wheat bread sandwich – 6”
3:00PM – Ham on wheat bread sandwich – 6”
6:00PM – Egg soup

I’ve been sick… ate a little, didn’t workout… yeah, that’s the update.
I did Zumba Monday night… love it. Small class, sweat and dance a lot.
After class I cool down a bit, then I threw up in the locker room… :cry:
Yup, I won’t be going to that gym anytime soon… LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

hope you feel better nokie. :)
Nokie173 wrote:Yup, I won’t be going to that gym anytime soon… LOL
:lol: I can't blame you there. Just stay away a few days i'm sure they will forget about it. :lol:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Coffee, whole grain cereal
9:00AM – Scramble egg whites, wheat toast x 2
11:00AM – Meal replacement
12:00PM – Kick Boxing – 45mins
1:30PM – Cold cut wheat sandwich 6”
3:00PM – Hard boiled eggs x 2
6:30PM – TBA

I went to class today. No head ache, no fever, no throwing up feeling… just have a hard time breathing sometimes (got inhaler ready) but I did low impact kick boxing… man it’s still a workout! I’m happy I went because I feel good… I can’t explain it, it’s like feeling free… let out stress, let out the sickness, let out the negative things around you and keep pushing… just let it all out and sweat… I was tired but I felt great after! :mrgreen:

Tonight is the 4th Holiday party I’m going to… The last 3 (tues, wed, thurs) I went to… All I did was drink hot tea and took a bunch of medicine and cough in the corner somewhere. I had some food but like I mentioned previously… I didn’t have an appetite. I feel the same… I’m not temped or anything but I’ll update to see what happen… I’ve been training myself mentally for situations like this… lucky me, I’ve been sick so it wasn’t hard… LOL… :lol: tonight is different. It’s not the company or department party. It’s in-laws (to-be) party… we’ll see…. :wink: