Steroids, yes or no?

Post important and accurate fitness articles, reference materials, research studies and findings here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Steroids, yes or no?

Post by Boss Man »

I think he was being tongue in cheek. I don't think he was pro-legal. Though I don't think he's necessarily pro-illegal either. I think his stance may have been, as long as it's out of sport I don't care.
LozTaylor
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by LozTaylor »

I'm aware of the possitives and the negatives of using steroids and it's definitely not something I'd do. I also don't think they should be made "legal" for atheletes to use. As soon as that happens, that sets the precedent. Kids just getting into sports would be heavily encouraged to start taking steroids without being made aware of the negative effects to become competitive, forcing out the kids with natural talent but unwillingness to do steroids.
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Steroids are such a funny issue, because you have so many variables involved when you talk about them. I feel that you will never stop people from trying to get around the rules, so why not let professional athletes take steriods to even out the field. As for us "normal" people, I would not take them myself, but have no real problem with them other than I fear uneducated people will abuse them by taking ungodly amounts of the stuff. Something that is happening in todays bodybuilding. People want to look good, and society acceptes that we stick silicone implants or saline now into our bodies, or botox injections (a poison) in our face, but have a problem with something that enhances our muscle mass. This will be a topic that will be debated forever!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Too true. Same with the Botox thing, that's dumb. Grow older and live with it, or better still live better then you wouldn't need Botox.

A lot of people who use Botox and fake tan, do it to hide the effects of their bad living. Stop being cowardly and change your lifestyle, it's that simple in that instance.