Skinny fat

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

NOTfitguy
STARTING OUT

Skinny fat

Post by NOTfitguy »

I'm 14yo and I'm skinny fat.I used to be overweight but I did some cardio and a diet and now I'm on recommended weight but I still look fat.
Height:164cm 5ft 4"
Weight:52,5kg 115.5 lbs
Thanks. :thumb:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Skinny fat

Post by Boss Man »

Hi NFG, good to talk to you.

What kind of exercise do you currently do?

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
NOTfitguy
STARTING OUT

Post by NOTfitguy »

I usually don't eat at the morning because I wake up pretty late I lunch some roasted chicken or grilled meat for a snack I eat cookies or some bread with ham and for dinner some salad with meat or fish.For exercise I play soccer for about 2 hours.
Thanks for quick response
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There are many things you can use to base snacks on such as microwave, soup, baked beans and rice dishes, bread, sandwiches, ham, beef, turkey, pork and chicken from a packet, boiled eggs, nuts, peanuts, low fat cheese, low sugar yoghurts, vegetables including pineapple, celery sticks and raw carrot, fruits including tomato and cucumber flax seeds and oat granolas.
NOTfitguy
STARTING OUT

Post by NOTfitguy »

Thanks for awnsering i also need to start doing an exercise do you have any suggestions cuz where i live the weather doesn't allow me to play soccer all the time so i now instead of playing everyday i play like once a week.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Do you have access to a gym or would be training at home and if so, would you have any equipment at home, or be able to purchase more?
Buban12
STARTING OUT

Post by Buban12 »

You are just 14 years old. Give it time, do some sports and exercising and it will happen naturally for you. I don't recommend special diet plans at this point. Maybe after you are 16 you can try a nice and good weight loss diet.
To sum up,continue with your physical exercises and try to eat as much healthy food as you can.
NOTfitguy
STARTING OUT

Post by NOTfitguy »

Thanks for your awnsers!
AnthonyDee
STARTING OUT

Post by AnthonyDee »

Resistance training is not contraindicated at your age, provided that:
a. you like going to the gym
b. your workouts are planned and supervised by a qualified professional

Nothing corrects skinny-fat like progressive resistance training, sufficient amount of calories and enough protein ;)