Can I train lower body without raising squat/deadlift numbers?

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

U539
STARTING OUT

Can I train lower body without raising squat/deadlift numbers?

Post by U539 »

I mean, I shouldn't be able to lift more than 120 kgs/264 lbs(current squat), because family has bad spine history, but I want to train at least some leg muscles. So, for example, maybe if I won't train only glutes, maybe it will prevent weight lifting ability from rising, while I will still have a possibility to train quads, hams, lower back, hip flexors, etc?
(About training isolated from spine, If I will train leg muscles without spine involvement, like reverse hyperextension, then if muscles will be able to lift 150 kgs/330 lbs for example, while spine is only trained for 120 kgs/264 lbs, then it may also cause some medical problems (for example when lifting max heavy weights on job, at home etc), I guess)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Can I train lower body without raising squat/deadlift numbers?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi U539 good to speak to you.

Why would you not want to necessarily lift more on a squat and deadlift. I mean if you're happy with things as they are, then why not just continue to use the same level of weight and then you'll be hitting the same weight time and again on both exercises.

You won't be likely to get a back issue if you're doing the two techniques properly.