Incline vs. Flat vs. Decline Bench Press

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Interesting...I just started doing incline presses with the BB vs the DB as I found it better due to the stabilisation as Swanso said....I have a rotator cuff problem and when using DB's I can really feel the weakness in one shoulder with the problem. Guess it's different for everyone. I also can handle heavier weights with the BB....Hmmmm....course I'm not talking "heavy"....I'm only using a 40 lb bar, where the most I can comfortably handle is 15 lb DB's....mostly due to fear of hurting myself more.
lens_d
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by lens_d »

I have never had any shoulder issues with either. I do both BB and DB I don’t discriminate
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

I agree. I think it has to do with the position of your wrists. With a barbell your wrists are fixed. With dumb bells I find that I rotate wrists about 60 degrees. I think this puts less strain on the rotator cuffs as a result.
mainly because you can use a semi supinated hand position which opens the acromion space up more in the shoulder

www.uponlinetraining.com
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

swanso5 wrote:
I agree. I think it has to do with the position of your wrists. With a barbell your wrists are fixed. With dumb bells I find that I rotate wrists about 60 degrees. I think this puts less strain on the rotator cuffs as a result.
mainly because you can use a semi supinated hand position which opens the acromion space up more in the shoulder

www.uponlinetraining.com
Mostly only dips cause shoulders to hurt. I just do 1/4 dips most of the time to avoid the pain.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

yeah are dips are shit for the shoulder, they don;t cause me pain but i don't do them to avoid it in the first place

http://www.uponlinetraining.com/services.html
BigBoySonny
STARTING OUT

Post by BigBoySonny »

yeah you will find it harder with dumbells,just do what hurts less
me myself ive got a cuff problem.

if you get to much joint pain just dont do the exersice for a while could be ages could not be.