Looking for an all around good arm workout

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

surlesc
STARTING OUT

Looking for an all around good arm workout

Post by surlesc »

I have been lifting awhile and seen slight gains from different muscle groups, but it seems like arms stay at the same strength. I'm going to post what I do and see if anyone could help me out by switching or seeing what might be wrong.

Bicep:
Seated Hammercurls: warmup with 15lb. 12reps, go up to 25lb. start doing around 10reps then goes down to around 7reps for about 5 sets.( left arm usually gives out before the other)

Seated Preacher Curl: warmup doing 50lb. 15reps, then 60lb. for 8reps, keep doing 60 until i cant do above 5reps with 60, i go back to 50.In all around 6 sets including warmup.(I use the close grip on a Ez-curl bar)

Standing Barbell Curl: warmup 50lb. 10reps, go up to 60lb. for 8reps and 3 sets, go back down to 50lb. for 8reps and 2 sets.(this is pretty much similar to the preaher curl but i cant do as much it seems while standing)

Tricep:
Skullcrushers: start off with 30lb. for 12reps, i try to do 40lb. but only get 4reps 1 set, go back to 30 for around 8-9 reps for 3-4 sets(I just started doing these about 2 weeks ago)

Tricep Pulldowns: start off with 50lbs. then move up 10lb. each set until 80, do 80lb. until i can do 5reps then move to 70lb. for 8reps.(I also kind of just started doing these because I do dumbell press and didnt need to do much to get sore)

I sometimes do other things like dips but not much, I just cant really think of them now.

I dont do these everytime it varies but this is just an average i guess and i switch up workouts each time and I usually do these a few workouts after I do dumbell press. If anyone could give me some help that would be great.
Endless1
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Looking for an all around good arm workout

Post by Endless1 »

One of favorite arm exercises is close grip bench. Great for tri's
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Try this.

2 sets E-Z Bar Curls, 8-10 reps. Same weight each time.

3 Sets of Inclined Dumbbell Curls. 30 degree angle on the Arms, Elbows tucked in, tandem reps, no alternating, same rep range. Same weight each time. No twist of the wrist, incase you affect form. Bench should be abou 30 degrees back from vertical.

3 sets of Inclined Hammer Curls. Tandem reps, same range. Same weight each time. Same incline, again no wrist rotation.

You should find the last two can be done with the same weight. From experience, they have equivalent lifting ability, so you shouldn't need different weight levels for both.

As for Triceps I'll say this.

3 Sets Skullcrushers 8-10 reps with an E-Z Bar. Same weight each time.

3 Sets Pressdowns 8-10 reps same weight each time.

2 sets Dips, 8-10 reps.

In total, about 16 sets on Arms. Should be okay, considering you will be doing a bit of supplementary work on those muscles, every time you do Row and Press movements with Chest and Back.
lens_d
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by lens_d »

check these out for some new Ideas

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_arti ... out_biceps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_arti ... ut_triceps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;