Muscle Fatigue ? Pinched Nerve ? Anxiety ? Overtraining ?

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Local781
STARTING OUT

Muscle Fatigue ? Pinched Nerve ? Anxiety ? Overtraining ?

Post by Local781 »

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and signed up as I recently started to pay close attention to health.

Here is some background on me, then I will post question below.

I am 6 one 235 and quite fit, really pretty built, but leaned up but muscular build. I recently quit drinking alcohol in September of this year as well as cut out fast food, generally unhealthy food and began to excercise. Alcohol was not a major problem but thought I would cut it out as I was fully committed to working out. Since September I shed 60 LBS, by watching calories, eating right etc and I feel great, I slowly went from walks to jogging to distance strong runs now, push ups, sit ups etc. I had always been a runner and athlete, formerly worked in corrections and also law enforcement, now in real estate and property development.

About 3 weeks ago, I had some mild dizziness, vertigo, but since then was obsessed with health and was concerned, I know some people from the town I grew up in, age and younger, a couple of them seriously sick lately, one will pass away in a matter of days, i have not been to the Dr. in 10 years. I kept feeling anxious, dizzy, had muscle fatigue after workouts, thinking it was all types of horrible diseases.

I went to prompt care last week as I was at parents house and said, hey you should set your mind at ease and get checked out, so go to prompt care, checked everything, followed up with Dr. the next day.

They checked everything, cholesterol, blood pressure, electrolytes in blood etc, did an EKG and they informed me I am not just in good shape but am the picture of health. No vision problems, no hearing problems, dizziness is long gone etc. He said it surely was anxiety that was the issue, gave me a mild prescription, low dose of Zoloft of 50mg and Alprazolam of .05mg to take as needed if I feel anxiety coming on. I do not have any history of medical or mental health issues, never been on any medications in life. I also went over complete diet with Dr., excercise routine etc. Said all were fine and on point.

He advised me I could take this if I wanted and perhaps just having it at house might act as a placebo and make me feel better. I am blessed and relieved, however I still think I am having some muscle fatigue, I feel a little shaky, arms feel weak. I have not done push ups or sit ups in a week but did run last night, a quick 2 miles, first run after a week. After moving some wood the other day, arms felt shaky when I was done. Now after run last night, legs feel a bit shaky....I have not experienced any of this really in the last 4 months of excercising, some of it quite rigourous.

I am certain physical health is good, but do wonder if maybe I have pinched a nerve somewhere that making me feel a bit shaky, tingly at times or is just fatigue..or maybe risidual anxiety hanging around.

I appreciate the support and input, please save any off color comments. I am new here and am looking forward to learning more about health from others who may be of same age, had similar things happen.

Thanks in advance!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Muscle Fatigue ? Pinched Nerve ? Anxiety ? Overtraining ?

Post by Boss Man »

If you think you have a nerve problem, then maybe you could get an NCV, (Nerve Conduction Velocity), test, which is often used to assess if someone has carpel tunnel syndrome.

The machine pings a signal through the nervous areas being tested and records the speed of the signal transmission, to see if there is any impairment of nervous function.

You could have some sort of fatigue issue, or it could be connected to diet in some way.

what foods do you eat and what times do you eat them?
Local781
STARTING OUT

Re: Muscle Fatigue ? Pinched Nerve ? Anxiety ? Overtraining ?

Post by Local781 »

I have a friend who is a nutritionist and trainer, eating small snacks, regular meals, about 2500 calories per day

Dr. also checked all levels in detailed blood work, so maybe is a repetitive strain thing coupled with the other things mentioned above, curious if others had anything similar ever?

thanks for posting!