Combat Fatigue Easily With These Steps

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

PhilSwain
STARTING OUT

Combat Fatigue Easily With These Steps

Post by PhilSwain »

At one point in life, it was very tough for me to workout as I just lacked the energy needed. This made me dispirited, and uninspired. That's when I decided to search the Internet for ways to boost energy levels throughout the day. Caffeine can only help so much and the crash was not worth it. I composed a checklist of ideas for one to try if they are dealing with low energy levels.

Sleep Habits:
In this nutsy day and age, human beings are getting less and less sleep. If you're missing the sleep that your body ought to, then you're going to have low energy all through the day. This is for the most part the first thing you should check if you're not feeling energetic throughout the day. Everyone's body is different. Some citizens run perfectly fine on six hours of sleep while others require 10 hours. The normal amount of sleep you should be pushing for is somewhere around 8 hours, but again you have to trust your body, as it knows exactly how much you need.

If you are having trouble falling asleep at night, make sure that you are not doing anything active during the last hour that you plan on staying awake. Your brain needs time to calm down and you will have trouble falling asleep if you keep your brain active right before sleep. Try reading a book or a magazine right before bed rather than watching television which can excite your mind.

Drink More Water:
Dehydration is a main cause of low energy levels. If you ever feel the perception of being thirsty, then you are dehydrated. You should be drinking enough water throughout the day so you uncommonly feel this sensation. Being dehydrated has other negative effects as well such as crankiness, decrease in intelligence, and just general fatigue.

Try to bring a water bottle with you throughout the day. You can also try to stay away from pop and other high sugar beverages as they can make you more dehydrated then before. Studies have also shown that people that sip water throughout the day tend to eat 10% fewer calories on top of the calories you're saving by drinking water instead of caloric drinks.

Exercise:
Exercises is a no-brainer to build up energy levels. Try your best to do some type of exercise such as walking, jogging, or any other type of cardio that feels positive to you. With low energy levels, you may feel uninspired to get up and move but after about 10 minutes of moving, you will feel a lot better and you will probably keep going.

The longer and more intense your exercises, the more endorphins your brain will release, and the better you will feel.

Proper Nutrition (Decrease Amount of Sugar):
Proper nutrition is one of the most important factors in determining your energy level. The body needs to soak up nutrients from the foods you eat and convert it into an energy source. Our bodies can't function favorably off of a diet that's just pure sugar and empty calories. On the flip side of this, "healthy" diets such as the Atkins diet, constrict carbohydrates (a main source of energy for the body) and can also make you feel rundown.

Your best bet is a balanced diet consisting of carbohydrates, proteins, and good fats. Try your best to cook meals ahead of time so you are less likely to prepare frozen unhealthy meals. Try eating fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

Drink Green Tea:
Green tea has been shown to build up energy levels as well as help you lose weight. Try replacing your green tea with your morning coffee, as well as having a decaffeinated green tea at night. The polyphenols in the green tea will assist your body in multiple ways. Try your best to drink the green tea straight if possible. Drinking green tea by loading it full of sugar is not going to help your situation.

Multivitamin (Especially Magnesium):
Low energy levels can be caused by a lack of nutrition in the body. Even if you're eating a balanced diet, sometimes the body needs more of a certain nutrition. This is where multivitamins come in. Multivitamin is a must to keep the body flooded with proper nutrients. It is not a substitute for eating healthy, but a vitamin pill will help supplement any nutrients that you are lacking.

One of the nutrients that you could be lacking is magnesium. Magnesium has been shown to amplify your energy as well as strengthen your heart, nerves, muscles and immune system. You could try getting a separate magnesium pill or try adding extra magnesium to your diet such as eating toasted sesame seeds or eating other magnesium rich foods such as cashews, green vegetables and pumpkin seeds.

Final Thoughts:
If you try these tips and you still find that your energy is low, you should talk to your doctor as you may have a medical condition such as anemia. Your doctor will be able to do various tests to see if there's anything medically wrong with you. Now stop reading this article and start exercising!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Combat Fatigue Easily With These Steps

Post by Boss Man »

The caveat being the Green Tea has Caffeine and associated side effect, I.E. Stomach Ulcers, increase gout risk etc, so people should be aware of such things, rather than potentially being startstruck by words like "polyphenols" :wink: :wink:
PhilSwain
STARTING OUT

Post by PhilSwain »

Boss Man wrote:The caveat being the Green Tea has Caffeine and associated side effect, I.E. Stomach Ulcers, increase gout risk etc, so people should be aware of such things, rather than potentially being startstruck by words like "polyphenols" :wink: :wink:
The caffeine in green tea is fairly small and probably wouldn't cause problems such as stomach ulcers but I personally use Decaffeinated Green tea anyways :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Decaffeinated products pose a risk actually.

Coffee certainly and possibly Tea as well.

In the case of Coffee there's 3 or 4 ways to prep the beans.

1. Jet wash with water to strip off the outer layer.

2. Jet wash with a chemical for the same kind of effect.

3. Soak the beans in water to strip the outer layer off.

The chemical used in method 2, the name of which I don't know to be honest, is carcinogenic and can increase cancer risk if you consume coffee prepped in this way.

However even if you called a conusmer helpline for a specific coffee manufactuer or company, assuming they have one that is, any of them using method 2 wouldn't admit to it, so any company protesting innocence on the matter, because they didn't use method 2, could automatically be presumed to be potentially lying and the consumer trying to prove the companies protestations correct, would be potentially non-negotiable, unless there was some kind of carcinogenic screening process of ground coffee, that they could have access to, but if there is such a thing, I don't know what it is.

Therefore you'd be playing russian roulette, if a company said no we don't use method 2 and you drank their product.

The workarounds for such a problem can be utilised wih regular Coffee.

1. Weaken the Coffee by using less to start with. Less Coffee, less caffeine.

2. Drink Coffee from smaller cups, so you can't consume as much at once and stick to one small cup only, I.E those little turkish style cups.

I would take an educated guess, that you will potentialy find the aforementioned methods used to prep decaff Coffee, present in a decaff Tea process, if you researched it :).
ChipPaulson
STARTING OUT

Post by ChipPaulson »

Try cold showers. It bounces me back for a couple hours, followed by a nice, relaxing mellow. It`s good stuff!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What's a nice relaxing mellow?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

I can take a wild guess what that is.....