Taste of blood in mouth while running

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

tyrianred
STARTING OUT

Taste of blood in mouth while running

Post by tyrianred »

I am so frustrated with trying to get into shape. It seems like something always prevents me from training.

Today I went out running after a three week break. I ran two blocks, and walked a block. I ran another two blocks, and began to taste blood in mouth. I took a break. When I tried running again, I felt greatly fatigued, I felt like heart was beating in throat, and I couldn't catch breath. I just wanted to go to sleep. So I turned around and walked home. It took about 15 minutes for the blood taste to disappear. This happens occasionally to me when running, but usually not with the fatigue. Other times when I run, ... er... lady cycle will start malfunctioning. I can walk all day though. It makes this whole thing so discouraging. On the happy side though, since I have started running, I no longer loose vision and get dizzy when I stand up from sitting.

I'm not overweight. I'm 28 years old. I am on no medications, and have no medical history. I just want to strengthen heart and build some endurance. With this kind of thing happening though, I get kind of concerned. Should I be worried about this? Should I see a doctor? How can I train if body keeps shutting me down like this?

Thanks,
Hannah
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Taste of blood in mouth while running

Post by Boss Man »

Are you sure the was actual blood in your mouth or did it just feel like it might be blood?

The only possible things I can think of might be something like PCOS or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but it would be remiss of me to say they are very credible outcomes.

I would suggest you consult a doctor.
ChipPaulson
STARTING OUT

Re: Taste of blood in mouth while running

Post by ChipPaulson »

I get this too. I think for me it`s throat problems, though.