Pain in elbow

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

novalegenda
STARTING OUT

Pain in elbow

Post by novalegenda »

Hi. I exercised hard training for increase strength two months ago. Because of it I had pain in elbows (on side where is biceps)... After the training, I was almost not able to move with hand, but after a few minutes it was okay, i was able to move with hand, but I still felt pain. So I had a pause for 14 days. After a pause I was going to the fitness centrum for 14 days and now I am having next pause and I am having it 3 weeks now. I am using chondroitin + glukosamin + MSM (1,5 month) and hydrolyzed collagen (2 weeks). I wanna ask a question if you know what can it be and what do you think can help me? This time I feel pain only sometimes and it is mild.

Sorry for english...
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Pain in elbow

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Novel, good to talk to you.

You could have done a number of things, like trapped nerve, damaged a tendon or a ligament for example.

If it's a trapped nerve, then you can in some instances have something called an NCV, (Nerve Conduction Velocity), test where you get two pads on the area feeding back to an electronic device that pings a nerve to stimulate an electrical signal in that part of the nervous system, that the other pad measures for freedom of movement of the signal.

You may have caused bursitis, where one or more of the fluid filled sacks called bursa, become inflamed and swell and they are meant to help facilitate the movement of a joint, but when swollen to some extent they can become a flip reverse, where they act as an impedance not an assist.

You might have possibly stressed out the actual joint itself, so I think you may need either a chiropractor or a physiotherapist.
novalegenda
STARTING OUT

Post by novalegenda »

Thank you very much a reply, I donť have it swell.. I think I will wait one week, after it I will try low weights in fitness centrum and if it will not be good I will solve it with physiotherapist.. Do you think it is a good solution?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Definitely going lower yes, to ascertain your current tolerance levels and a physio would be a good way forwards also I feel.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

novalegenda wrote:Thank you very much a reply, I donť have it swell.. I think I will wait one week, after it I will try low weights in fitness centrum and if it will not be good I will solve it with physiotherapist.. Do you think it is a good solution?
Has the pain subsided for you yet?