For little brother.

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

(Rage)
HIGH FLYER

For little brother.

Post by (Rage) »

brother is about to hit the age 3 in few months, and he's skinny as a bone, and weight 12 kg, and barely even got to weigh that.

He's extremely very active, thank god of course, but no matter how much he eats, or what junk food he eats, he stays skinny, and in fact...he's muscely. I'm really serious. He has a leg of a football player.

However, since he was a kid, since our lifestyle is very F--- up, he used to stay until night with us, and eat junk food, Mac, KFC...etc...and he gotten used to eating candy all the time...and all the junk food. He does eat fruits, veggies, and all.

But he doesn't gain weight, nor his body looks much different. I know some kids take longer than others to grow up and all.

Are there any adivces for a kid who's 3 years, who NEEDs to gain some weight.

Btw, mother asks if it's okay to give him a soy protien shake.
Of course, a little amount, not like a full protien shake we adults take. Just a little with non-fat milk or so?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd say not protein powder just know. Can't say what condition it might leave his Kidneys in with strain etc etc.

I would let him continue to develop for now. Unless he's really underweight or potentially Anorexic, in which case take him to a doctor.
(Rage)
HIGH FLYER

Post by (Rage) »

He does go to check up regulary, and he's not really anoerxic. I can't really estimate his height...but im about 157cm, and he reachs above knees a bit, and is like i said 12 kgs. And he as 11 for so very long.

So no soy protien for him? Even if it was ready or?

The kideny thing, does it work for everybody, i mean it could hurt anybody's kideny or just kids?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There's nothing to stop him having Soy protein, but in powdered form, dosing become harder, when you don't full dose. Being 3, he might only tolerate 10g at a time, but you might give him 15, and wouldn't be able to tell.

I really couldn't say adequately about this.

The reason I mentioned the Kidneys, was because with such little Kidneys at his age, too high a Protein consumption could potentially cause damage.
(Rage)
HIGH FLYER

Post by (Rage) »

Oh, i didn't know that. How many grams of protien should he have in his age, and weight?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not sure, sorry.
(Rage)
HIGH FLYER

Post by (Rage) »

It's no problem. I'll check around! Thx!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

just feed him more...limit fatty and sugary foods that may fill him up an cause him to miss his next meal...fruit, veg and salad with some protein (food) will do the trick...limit fruit jiuces and soft drink too...put him on the right path now and he'll be right for the rest of his life