WOW February 16th to 22nd

Laugh about, live and enjoy being over 50, or talk about those over 50 even if you're not, because aging doesn't have to be a chore.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: WOW February 16th to 22nd

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

LMAO Molasses, I love that song and love both Senior and Jr. too

We cooked up our angel hair pasta and made our frozen dinners up (8 meals out of our Barilla box....just as it says on the box)...well mine a lighter than Chuck's and I added clams to mine, which he puts his nose up on.

Then I cooked up fish {Gorton's Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets (Alaska Pollock)} for tonight and chopped up some of frozen pepper slices to add to side dish of corn, along with toasted slice of French bread with what Chuck calls a "wave of margarine" LOL I cringe when he puts what he does on his bread (plus it's that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) one I tried it, but it "does taste like butter" and I DON'T LIKE BUTTER....till mother finally broke down and bought margarine I ate all bread dry...drove the whole family nuts...if it had butter in it...I could taste it....and believe me they all tried to sneak it in....I'd take one taste and say YUCK it has butter in it...only place it didn't bother me was in grandma's desserts.....and OMG she made awesome desserts...good as the expensive bakeries in NYC, whose name eludes me at the moment.

Well our weatherman was complaining about the 40% we had yesterday with our 89 temp and I just laughed....they haven't a clue out here...what "real humidity is".

However we are heading to 95 today so the a/c is already on with the cooking we had to do.

Well off to lunch.....as I not only cooked but got report all done and workouts set for next month.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi, I see how high your humidity is there and the real low one you emailed me! Wow, I don't think we've had that low ever. that would make a difference I guess with heat. And we get it high in winter even Sue. Glad you got some good sleep and I do like Gorton's frozen fish stuff also:) I do only eat bread or? with real and hopefully organic butter though. If I fry eggs or? I put a bit of butter and a T. of coconut oil also. I did enjoy coconut oil all over in sauna also :D Rainy and cloudy here so more rain I think although we missed the bad stuff that went south of us. Guess we're getting enough to turn grass green and grow is about it. Wish I could find a burn barrel so i can burn up old papers instead of having to shred All of them :wowzer: Love all the cat pic's Sue! Hoping your night goes very peaceful and your back feels better also.
Mo, I remember that song for sure! Used to sing it around here when I was the only one cooking :D Now I could for Dh is cooking, or doing his meal anyway:) Sorry about your mud room floor. Just wish I had a mud room:) leg is doing whatever so I'll wait and when it really gets bad again, I'll go ER next time. At least I wouldn't think its a blood clot by now? Hopefully not. Just kind of walk a little different so it will not hurt so much but haven't worked with it yet so we'll see next week. Hoping your night is relaxing and sleepy also:) :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Had a good Friday night fish dinner with corn, peppers and scallion added in was yummy, had a scoop of Speedy Tracks and got 14 chocolate race cars and got workout in too. Watched part of the senior contingent....Matllock and Diagnosis Murder and finished the night with I Dream of Jeannie....

The champ won again on Jeopardy and Chris, from Let's Dish gave me some more yummy recipes....

Yes YAH with 10% and sometimes lower humidity levels here and even 106 or more, it's not as bad as it sounds to someone from the east coast, to them out here it's HOT and humid LOL

Winter is different damp and foggy and just plain yucky but not the bitter cold like we got upstate NY or you get where you are. Plus Rochester was dry most of the time, unlike Long Island where it was damp and like here went right through you. Only saving gave our low temps here for winter are in the 40s....now the mountains get those single digits and lower temps

I have always loved bread but it doesn't love me so I am careful with it LOL

Oh I am with you YAH I wish I could burn too rather than shred.

Hoping your leg stays alright and soon you can find out what is going on.

House is already dusted, Lucy is washing the towels and off to check mail, eat, and clean some bathrooms, make up a frittata and work on pics.

Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend....

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Have a wonderful Sunday.....well first Sunday with no Cherry Blossom....hoping it's just one thing and not all but this week....no product at all....

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Mmm, butter! Love it on veggies. I had been buying Kerrygold Irish butter, YAH, but then I was tickled to see grocery store has started carrying Finlandia, made in Finland with cream from pastured cows. :sunshine: Hope your leg is feeling better; I've been sending healthy thoughts your way.

Sounds like you had a busy kitchen Fri and Sat, Sue! Some good eating coming up at your house! :D

Hot and sticky again today here, but supposed to be cooler and rainy Mon. and Tues. Sounding pretty good to me! DH had to haul out the AC units already, and we've been running them on "dehumidifier" the past few days.

Have a great day, WOW friends~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon ladies,

I see you and YAH love your butter, Molasses. Yes lots of yummy foods and more coming up. Shopping on Wednesday.

Just HOT here today hit 99 yesterday and currently 92 headed to 98...luckily not your kind of humidity Molasses. I don't miss that. HUGs to you and hubby and good luck with the a/c's. One of the reasons mother insisted on buying the model house it already had central a/c in the house and seem kept it like a freezer....65 but then L.I. was hot at 70 and 80 with 95% humidity LOL

father and I still went outside to get warm LOL

Well on that note I am off to get some ice tea, check email and some other on line things and then off to play games....can't go sniff sniff today as no scent today.

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Even with no "cherry blossom" had a bout of the itches again yesterday.....GRRRR

Well off to check mail, eat, workout, make up a grocery list and cook up some more brownies...easier than cake and I am not in the mood.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Sorry about the itching, Sue, but at least that means your Cherry Blossom is not to blame, right? Hugs and antihistimine thoughts coming your way!

We've got a cooler, rainy day--yay! I am planning to get out to pull some weeds between showers.

Happy June, WOWsters!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Thanks Molasses, no I am beginning to think it's just plain allergies, plus another friend of mine, age said she started with the itchiness and having to get rid of all perfumes, etc so we shall see. I have had some "terrible" bouts with allergies over the years in the various areas we have lived, so not something that is new but all the body itching is....we shall see....in fact going to talk to primary and dermatologist when I see her in July.

Good luck with the weeds.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Just popping in to say good night as I work tomorrow. Been a while and hopefully leg wouldn't give up on me and really start hurting. Its been only in 20's here at night now with the clear skies so I guess no lilac's this year :( They were just starting with the purple buds but now not opening and some are blackish. Thought it would be a good year as early Spring but up here you can't count on it. Sounds like warm your way Mo so hopefully you cool off :D Guess its 60's tomorrow and then looks like some rain again. Hoping I get those healing vibes from you too. I'm not going Dr's unless leg really gets bad as it didn't help. I will go ER if that happens though.
Sue,glad you had a pretty nice ME day and sorry about still being a bit itchy :?
Sending a lot of wishes your way for a very Great shopping day if your going tomorrow then :clap: Hope you get it all done early and back home to rest and cool off. Love the pup for Monday that I'm sure Buddy Max must have looked like:) I haven't heard anymore from son or DIL since she had to put her dog Penny to sleep :( She had since a pup and I forgot exactly how old she was, 5 or 7? Anyway, she has a weekend off at a winery with her family and son took up all the carpeting as stains from the dog went through also. Well I better get going to read book as I Have to get out of bed tomorrow and not turn over :wowzer: take care everyone and enjoy your night and some good peaceful sleep's. :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Oh, YAH, I'm so sorry to hear about Penny. I'm sorry you aren't getting lilacs this year, too. And I'm sorry you have to work tomorrow; I hope your leg holds up for you. Wishing you a good sleep, too!

Hope your doctors can help you find the cause, Sue, and avoid any more itchy incidents.
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Morning all. Well it was a NO sleep night for me so I got out of bed at 3:30 a.m as I was scared to fall asleep anymore and not even hear the alarm an hr. later then! Well I've done it before but it sure don't feel well being tired and I don't know why it happens when I have to go work sometimes? I was looking forward to getting out even if it is for work, but, could not fall asleep! So wish me luck :wowzer:
MO, well DIL's dog Penny just gobbled up some more little clothes, even with the muzzle on so they figured she couldn't get another operation for it so they made the decision and since she couldn't hold her pee either when she fell asleep sometimes etc. that it was best to do this. Wasn't fun with muzzle on always and she'd really go and jump on anyone popping over as she probably wanted to be able to open her mouth and bark more so they were a bit scared of that too. So she took him in and then brought her down by her family's campsite on a little lake and buried her there:( So son took up all the carpeting as some of that had gone through it etc. and with kids on floor they were continually washing it also. Sad for sure.
Well time is still going on so I have to coffee up and eat something a bit later. I see a full moon out there also which I should have just sat up and enjoyed I guess. You all have a very nice day today and I sure hope you got good sleep Mo also and Sue, I hope you got a lot more rest than I did also:) :wave: :coffee:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

I am on the run this morning so will be back later, off to eat and make a list up and have some off line work to do to. Hope everyone has a good day and YAH hope work isn't too bad and your leg does well.

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Whew what a day.....

YAH, sorry to hear about the work today and even sorrier about no sleep. I sure hope you took it easy and didn't rush. Plus had the better crew there too. Yikes on the 20s, glad the 60s are coming. Hope you don't have to go to ER and your leg gets better. Going shopping Wednesday. Yes he is the spitting image of baby. I was so sorry to get your email about Penny and heart goes out to your son and DIL, only been 6 months for us and we still have our moments. Plus I have a friend that is going through a lot with very older dog and cats now too. So hard....So what book are you reading?

Thanks on the itchy incidents Molasses.

Well off to check mail and put up some pics on Flickr now as Chuck helped me set up Lightroom presets to upload.

Hope everyone has a good night,

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

I am off to shopping today, so back later. YAH I sure hope you are doing alright today...going to check mail before I go to eat to see if I have heard from you.....worry wart Sue is in full force.

Molasses, Bama, and Dianna (if you are lurking) hope all is well with all of you.

Sue