WOW February 16th to 22nd

Laugh about, live and enjoy being over 50, or talk about those over 50 even if you're not, because aging doesn't have to be a chore.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: WOW February 16th to 22nd

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Catching up again....

Bama, assuming by now the place is all set up and you are ready to rock and roll.....

Very sorry to hear about the additional snow, YAH, been there done that...don't miss it. Hope you got to do the deck. MMM love pea soup with ham and potatoes and spices... Sorry about work...can't imagine the heat....did it years ago with dad but a lot younger then. Loving that you are getting to see sons more lately.

Glad the sun is back, YAH. I see you worked Friday and got a call today too, but I see you were up late and resting, glad you skipped going in and got to take son for his lifetime license for the camper too, I see plus go to Hudson's, Mernards and got to see your other son too....a pretty good sounding day to me.

Hope the meeting goes well on Monday and your son's moped doesn't take too long.

We got rain last night and this a.m., Bama....we are happy. I see you got some books at GW, which ones and I am with you always something at the Dollar store. Glad son will be reformatting for you.

Yes, Di hi if you check in and I sent you an email today.

If you mean Eye's Only....I have it...thanks though.

In Plain Sight doesn't come out till later this year...will have to check Amazon.

Well off to breathing and nap time....

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

message to you on this Sunday....

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Sunday, WOWers!

I got home around noon yesterday and got unpacked, but am doing laundry today. Hopefully by tomorrow night I'll have everything back to normal, and can get back into normal routines. I haven't worked out since I left, but it was so nice to spend some time with mom--it was a good trade-off! :)

Glad you got safely there, Bama, and are enjoying some son-time and thrift store shopping! Mom and I stopped at one one day, but I only bought a small dark blue creamer. I didn't need it, but for 50 cents, I couldn't resist. :tongue: I know what you mean about needing some time to recoup after your trip!

I'm glad your snow is melting, YAH, and you are getting out of the house, seeing your boys, and even had a sauna!

I thought of you in TX, Sue, with all the hummers at mom's feeders. They are such cute little things. Hope you are enjoying your day. :sunshine: Cute little sleeping kitty--thanks!

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

We missed you Molasses, but sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom and your visit went well. Yes, Carolyn, had feeders all over here backyard areas and in many areas of the farm acreage she had also. Yes very cute but very hard to get a good pic of LOL However, I did pretty good considering it's only second time using the new camera and just shooting away not knowing the controls yet

Hard to believe it's almost May and I have to start thinking about what to do next months.....decisions.....decisions....

Well Cherry Blossom Sue is off to check mail and go play some Ricochet Lost Worlds, Super Rumble Cube, Combo Chaos and Bookworm...

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Have a good day ladies,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Hi Ladies, Sorry I don't get here everyday .

Had a very nice day today . Went over to the south side of town about 40 minutes away but most is on the interstate and got to go to the Christmas Tree shop. Had lots of goodies there but controlled self and only bought some Nonni's Thin addictives. They had a lot of favors so I bought three different kind . Only 100 calories a small bag so a nice snack.

Add a call back on the house some questions one of the lookers wanted to know . I hope that they buy.

A beautiful sunny day here and should be outside sunny myself , LOL.

Oh, DH just pulled in the drive way so I need to start supper will try to check in later .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Glad your day went well Bama, and you were a great girl during the trip....wow.

Extra prayers for the house call back and hoping it's the "one" too.

Sunny and HOT here as we are currently 89 and headed to 91 (Chuck is already crabby as I feel fine, he's hot and wants the a/c on). I am NOT saying a word.

Unfortunately this weather will continue through the weekend and then mid to high 80's next week. Summer is here in California, especially the central valley.

So what was for dinner????

I am off to check mail as I was off line most of the day today.

See ya tomorrow, and have a good night.

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

whenlifewassimpler wrote:Image

Have a good day ladies,

Sue
A bit difficult perhaps, when you've posted a picture bemoaning Tuesdays :funny:.

It's a bit like saying Tuesdays suck a bit, but hey don't let me put you off them :tongue:.
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

HI all! I see you are back Mo and getting caught up to all at home now:) Probably was a nice time to go also or was it really hot at your mom's now?
Sue, those speedy humming birds are hard to catch a pic of I'm sure! They don't sit very long either. I should maybe get feeder out in another week although they probably are not this high north yet. Loved the lazy cat for Sun. and all the other cute pic's you had up :D I guess I would be like Chuck, with A/C on if it got that hot :wowzer: Although it does do that sometimes in summer here but we make it through without A/C since it usually doesn't stay long. Wish we had good A/C at work though :?
Bama, hope your house sells soon also and I imagine your settling down in Ohio for a while. I got a few books also from thrift store today. Trouble is I can't remember what I read sometimes:(
We didn't have the meeting as supervisor called in sick Monday so I went later that day and stayed a night over son's house as he brought his jeep to get hood painted and he had the early shift of putting away the order so I brought him so other son could sleep until his late morning shift. I had coffee and then tried to go back to sleep but by the time I started, I got up when other son got up:) Didn't sleep real well on couch although I had more pillows so the bed felt good after son left for a while. So I went around town for a bit and also threw in some clothes for son to wash. Cats loved being outside also as it got to 63 or so degree's. Went and got him from work and went out to eat and then I finally left and picked up a few groceries on way home. I guess I'll sleep tonight whenever I decide to go sleep:) Hoping you all have a very good night and some sweet dreams also :sunshine: :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I was afraid it was going to be hot, YAH, but it was pretty nice--most days were in the high 70s, so shorts weather, but not too hot. I know what you mean about the couch--I slept on a little pull-out loveseat at Mom's--not terrible, but not bed either! Hope you get a nice long, sound sleep in tonight. So glad you had some time your boys! I am going to miss girl when they move (mid-May).

Every day we wake up in the morning is a good day, Boss Man! :wink:

Hugs on the AC wars, Sue. I wonder if there's a married couple anywhere who likes the same temps?!? DH and I do okay during the winter for the most part, but we have had some "discussions" about when we need to run the AC, too. :tonguepoke: Thanks for the cute puppy "welcome back." :)

Glad you had a good shopping trip, Bama, and managed to avoid most of the goodies! Crossing fingers on the buyer for you.

daffodils and tulips are blooming, and the lilacs look like they won't be too far behind. Spring is here--yay!! DH watered seedlings while I was gone, so I should have some plants to put in the garden once the frost date passes.

Sweet dreams, everyone!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Back later....off to check other boards, mail, call Handyride, eat and then clean clean clean....

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Just popping in to say good night and have a good sleep everyone! Mo, where is your DD going? So sorry about that as I know you's are so close and its so nice to have one of them by you at least! If I was younger, could sleep anywhere but now, seems insides are in the wrong places;)
Sue hope you have a good night also and not sure if your going shopping but if you are, lots of good wishes on your ride and deals also! Sunny day today but some clouds are coming so not sure of whats up for tomorrow. Good night all! :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

DD and SIL are moving to Athens, GA, YAH. DS is getting out of the Rangers in June, and he'll be staying in the south, too, so there isn't much reason for DH and I to stay here. Our plan is to get the house ready to sell, and get out of here, too, in the next year or so. :) Are you working today? Sending you energetic thoughts either way!

Hope your busy day went well yesterday, Sue!

Hi, Bama, hope all is well with you!

Another nice day here. I"m so happy to be able to hang laundry outside again! :sunshine: Busy starting the spring window washing and decluttering projects, as well as cleaning up flower beds, getting ready for the garden.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

YAH yes, the hummingbirds are very "quick" but I got lucky and Carolyn stayed there and I got her picture. Wish I had a camera the days she came to the sliding glass door and just looked in at me for such a long period....with this new camera it would have come out great.

Glad you enjoyed the graphics and oh yes since, like Chuck you don't like the "hot weather" you'd be happy with the a/c on. In fact you would have loved mom's house at 65 to 70 degrees, father and I used to go outside to get warm LOL

Yeah I am surprised they don't have one at work.

Sorry about the missed meeting and hope the Supervisor is better soon. So glad you got to stay at your sons and spent some times with him. Sorry about the sleep. Hope you slept that night at home. I am like you I would miss bed.

Oh glad the weather was so nice Molasses and sorry about your sleep too. Thanks Molasses, but we have talked about it and will see how it goes. Yeah as I said to YAH father hated the temps mom set it at, hey it was the BIG reason she wanted the model house, it had a/c and well that light as you came in the front door too. I loved it as I had own room, downstairs away from them all. father told me when I left, he was knocking the wall down and putting in a pool table and he did LOL

Glad your flowers are blooming so nice...

YAH shopping on Friday and yeah me too when I was younger I could sleep anywhere.

Oh Molasses, I see DD and SIL are moving to GA and your son is staying down south too. Hope you can sell your place and get a quick sale.

Well off to nap time,

Sue

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Have a nice weekend ladies,

Sue