WOW February 16th to 22nd

Laugh about, live and enjoy being over 50, or talk about those over 50 even if you're not, because aging doesn't have to be a chore.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: WOW February 16th to 22nd

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning ladies,

Bama, have fun with your company and hope all goes well.

A good day to all, and I am off to eat, workout, make up our grocery list for shopping this week, Terri is taking us and the list goes on.

See ya later,

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Day all, just popping in as I did email a few people and also said on fB page that Jade passed away last night. She woke me up Trying to jump on bed so I ended up lifting her on her blanket on drawers where she like it also by bed, and then she went through a bit but at least I was up with her and petted and talked until the last breath:( I did that before by myself with one other cat and then of course for mom. Anyway, glad her suffering is over although never seemed like in pain. Never know as mom sure didn't complain either and couldn't take the pain pills so....
It was 34 below when Dh went work and still about 4 below 0 now.
Lots of good wishes for your shopping trip this week Sue!
Mo, your in thoughts and prayers also and lots of hugs. Harder to lose a person I'm sure and one that has been around a Long time too:( Thats the thing with pets. They aren't here long but I think sometimes we get the best hugs and all from them:)
Take care and hope all your weather stuff is nice as I see ice storms and some snow storms in places. Ice is the worse I think but snow in places that are not used to it is bad too. Enjoy your Monday! :coffee: :chilly: :(
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Sending so many hugs and prayers your way, YAH. Our pets are so much a part of our daily lives, they leave an enormous hole when they go. You were a wonderful mom to Jade, and I know she was comforted by your presence at the end. I hope the well pump change out goes smoothly and lasts a good long time. And I hope you don't have to wait till July for it to thaw enough to get it done!

Good luck with your grocery list and other "to dos" this morning, Sue. I kinda figured your BB was cooler than Pacer, but I looked it up and can see that it certainly was! (Yes, I know, there isn't much that wouldn't be!) I hear you on being a young one in your class. mom convinced the school to stretch the Sept. 1 cut-off by just a few days, so I was always the youngest in class till I hit high school and then one boy's birthday was the day after mine. It was always fun to remind him to "respect his elders." :lol:

Enjoy your company, Bama!

The hospice nurse came this afternoon, and has already spoken to DA's doctor and gotten Medicare approval. She ordered a hospital bed, which might even come today. She said it will make it easier to do the changing as I can raise the bed instead of straining back, bending down to roll DA. And once we get the bed, she'll get an aide in twice a week to do a bed bath, which they can only do if you have a hospital bed. She ordered an oxygen concentrator also, because DA is having some episodes of labored breathing. So I feel like I have some "on the scene" support in this experience anyway, and I don't have to rely on own guesses about what to do when.

Wishing you all a good day~

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

YAH I wrote you this a.m., so you know you are in thoughts and prayers and are there if you need me....I know Miss Jade is gone over the Rainbow Bridge and looking down at you to let you know she is in a better place now.

Thanks on the shopping trip, our bill came in lower than we thought, plus I have "coupons" for some FREE (as we all know favorite word) for some stuff too LOL

As I said to YAH, Molasses, grocery list is done and some of "to do list" is as grocery list always takes a while.

I see we share being the youngest Molasses, and unlike you I was always the youngest LOL That's what happens when you are born in December and right before Christmas....never mind getting short changed by those aunts/uncles etc LOL with their combined birthday/Christmas gifts.

Here's a pic of the Black Beauty...I know I have more but not scanned in yet I guess but this was at Chuck's mom and dad's house and that is Mr. Bo Jangles, the dog that came with the Chuck package (along with 7 cats) ....I was in pet heaven, since as you know mother wouldn't allow me a cat or a dog and you know the rest about the "spoiled sister" that got one
[/color][/color][/color]

So glad to hear about the hospice nurse and the fast approval and hospital bed and all, and oxygen too I see.

continued prayers for you and your DA.

Well off to get more checked off list.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Thanks for the thoughts Mo and Sue and all. Wow, that is a beauty of a car Sue and the girl looked great too! Loved chevy's but I ran around with a Falcon for a few yrs., then the new Mustang we had for a little while, and favorite car later was blue Gremlin. Remember those? Not great in a accident but it was so cute;) Had it when I only had one kid at that time.
Mo, SO happy to hear that things are moving fast at helping you out and the hospital bed will help a lot I'm sure.! I figured they Should be able to get her on there at her age and all too. I only got one for 2 days at end and had to put it in small living room as no room elsewhere but was nice for her to be with us in there also. And I was lucky it was an early Spring in April as I got arbutus and lilac's all over for her to smell:) She liked them while she could see them and not later like me also. Hope it makes it Much easier on you also.
So I guess soon going read book and all, get some more sleep I guess tonight and with the laundry being 80 degree's and the rest of the facility being high also, I know it will be hot as the warmest day this week. Feeling a bit queasy myself, probably didn't eat right today. So have a good night all and best wishes on Wed. right? Sue for shopping:) take care, Yah
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm sorry to hear about your pet YAH, but it seems like you did as much as could be expected, so be proud of the life you gave her, because you should be :).

That's good news about your Aunts situation FA50. It must be a relief on some level to have your burden lessened in some way(s) and I'm happy for you and I hope you find things a little easier from now on.

Chin up, be strong and best wishes :).
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

YAH you are in thoughts and prayers and as you know I am a call or email away, you have both. Yes, I loved Black Beauty, I know I have some better shots but will show up as we move along with our scanning projects. LOL about me....I beg to differ but thank you for the kind words. Oh you and Chuck would have a lot to talk about as he had Falcon....and it's the one he broke records with at National Speedway many years back. Yes I do remember those Gremlin's!

So what you reading, YAH? Good luck today at work and let's hope the fans are going too so you can cool off.

Yes shopping is tomorrow and the much anticipated "grocery report" LOL

Well I am off to check mail, eat, vacuum and get a bunch of those things I have on list for today done,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

aunt passed away peacefully this morning. I was sitting with her, holding her hand, and she simply stopped breathing. I thank you all for your kind thoughts and words over the past week. As heartbroken as I feel, the most important things to me were that she not be alone and that she not suffer, and I'm grateful that both of those things were true.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Mo,

I just sent you an email and will say again I offer condolences but like you said she is now in a better place and not in pain.

HUGS Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

OH Mo, there are no words to express feeling's for you in the loss of your DA but know that You gave her the best last years of her life for sure! She was very lucky to have your for a niece. So glad she went so peaceful also. I so wished mom had done so. Prayers, thoughts and lots of Hugs to you as you say good bye to her and I'm sure your whole family, your dad and all are SO proud of you. :? You have had a few losses in a row now so I hope life gets better soon. :( It does take time as you did get closer to her also but know we are here for you also. Take care:(
Sue, yes, hot at work and did warm up outside up to I guess 14 or so and now its going below 0 again with wind and some snow and high of 0 tomorrow:( I went over son's for a while but since it was snowing, came home at 6 pm and it was really coming down then. Not Expected to be too much snow though here, just very cold. I could have worked Wed., thurs. and Fri. but said I'd work Thurs. and I already work Fri. I lifted a Huge load of personals etc. into dryer so I think I will be a bit sore tomorrow and have to do some things also. Guess lady took the whole week off for personal problems about her younger DD so I could have worked all week through really. Looks like wind is whipping up some whiteouts out there now.
Have a very great shopping day tomorrow! Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight as youngest son called last night when I fell asleep and I hardly ever get to talk to him so of course I did for about 45 min and was wide awake again. Read book until about midnight and got up at 4:15 a.m. I keep thinking I'm going to step on Jade etc. as hard to realize she's gone. Well have a good night anyone who is on here and thanks for the words also Bossman:)
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Hi Ladies, Company is still here and may be here longer as the weather is bad in Atlanta . We shall see if they can get going.

We had a great time yesterday . We went to the movies, Gals seen Black and White with Kevin Coster ? which was good . The guys saw American Sniper which they said was good also. DH hadn't been to a movie (inside) since the 70's It took him brother to get him to go so maybe I will be able to get him to go again with me. LOL Fat chance of that . We then went to a new Mexican Restaurant and the food was good Came home and played Euchre .
Today she wants to hit the Shoe Station and Chicos and then we will visit Marie and Greg and back home for some more Euchre . Weather is not good hear either . Oh They are ready to go . Will Catch up Later .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Molasses, continued prayers and HUGS for all of you.

YAH sorry about the heat at work and those bone chilling temps and snow. Glad you got to son's for a while, but yeah smart move on heading home with the "white stuff" coming down. I see you are working Thursday and Friday. Hope you slept well as we both didn't last night and glad you got to talk to your son but bummer on not getting back to sleep. Sending some HUGS to you also. Thanks for the good shopping vibes.

Well time to eat, put a face on, and wait for Terri.

Have a good day....Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good day all! Well I finally kicked myself out after Dh went with N.N. to town about 45 miles away for smokes and N.N will have to play a bit to throw his money away and maybe they eat there cause that is cheaper. So I thought if I don't go before he gets back, I probably wouldn't. So I'm at son's washing some clothes and will do his one bunch he got down there and put in dryer at least before I leave also. Taking shower and washing hair also:) So nice to have Nice fast water! Plus, not iron water. Its blue sky and sunny now but only a few degree's above 0 for the day:(( Might be up to 8 above tomorrow. I suppose for some people its in March that pipes freeze etc. IF it stays so cold for frost to really go farther down and if they don't have bigger cover of snow on pipes too. We don't worry about that but the pump just needs a new one. At least we get water but pump does All the time then.
Lots of hugs and prayers Mo! May your days get better bit by bit.
Sue, best of luck shopping also and finding all the sales too!
Di, I hope you join us soon and loved the quilt! Very very beautiful!
Bama, then your company is leaving now? I would have gone to see the American Sniper:) But I'll have to wait for it on tv or whatever. I always tell the boys to wear ear plugs to movies as they seem to have them SO loud from what they say now and sound coming from all over. I hate to see them lose their hearing for that. Either enjoy your day with company or relax if not:)

Will wait for washing to get done before shower:) Probably be here when one son gets out earlier at 6 p.m. Other one gets out at 7:30. Got a few groceries before i came here so had a bit to eat here. Will leave some here. Really cold to be out of car long. Cats want to go outside and they were, for a tiny bit:) :chilly: Birds are flying to son's birdfeeder he has hung out by his porch window so they Love looking at them:) Maybe they were out of breeze behind snow and sun felt better but their gone sleep somewhere now:) Well, you all have a very nice day and hope none of you get too bad storms or anything. Yah :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, YAH and Sue.

Sorry you didn't sleep well, Sue, but hope you get energized by great shopping trip anway.

I know what you mean about Jade, YAH, and am sending you hugs. It's hard to rearrange your mind around those empty spaces. :( Glad you got to talk to your youngest. Sorry the snow kept you from visiting long at your other son's, but in those temps the snow seems to stick to the road pretty quickly. I hope you aren't feeling too sore from yesterday, especially if you are going to be working again tomorrow. I'm glad to see you are out and at your sons' today--good for you!

Glad you are having fun with your company, Bama. I haven't heard anything about the Black and White movie, but have heard American Sniper is good.

Thanks for the good thoughts, Boss Man.

I'm doing okay. I just need to keep myself busy. I've spent so much time in the past 5 years thinking about and doing things for aunt, that it's like the center of life just disappeared.

I'd better go get in the shower before the medical company gets here to pick up the bed and oxygen stuff. I'm running late because DD stopped by with an old family favorite comfort food--"mashed potato bean stuff." (basically mashed potatoes with navy or small red beans and cheese) And because I had to stop at the computer on way upstairs. :tongue:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

I emailed the Grocery Report and what's been happening this week earlier. We are both tired and so I am off to comics, card for Chuck (the special one, his from me are already done), and a nap.

Will see you all tomorrow,

Sue