Time for a change and become the new Will.

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

wcalland
STARTING OUT

Time for a change and become the new Will.

Post by wcalland »

Hello everybody sorry to be a pain but I really need help! I'll try to provide as much info as I can so please don't fall asleep hehe.

After 10 years of completely NO exercise, being ridiculed by family and friends and becoming almost a recluse I have decided I'm ready to take life back!!
Yesterday I decided to join this amazing site, dusted off what little fitness equipment I have at home here and even look into diet.... Alochol mainly as I consumed 24x3 330ml beers a week, and thats without junkfood!

I weigh 123kgs/271.lbs/19.st and Ideal weight for height of 182cm is 80kgs/176lbs/12.5st

Today I have consumed so far 12 glasses of water and calories are for the time being at -2497 still as I have worked out a little and added 226 calories to total I may consume of 2448 thats with the 500 taken out for weight loss IF THAT MADE ANY SENSE HEHE!

eating plan for today has been quite bad, all I have had is 604 calories but have yet to eat evening meal.

Now to me this seems ok I guess but I am really new at this I am really confused as to why the foods I have eaten only tally up to 604 calories AND the work out was so bad!

home equipment consists of a manual rowing machine with 4 resistence levels, A pull up door bar I'm too heavy to use (max 110kg) and some free barbells ranging from 1kg-7kg.

So today I thought I'd try 60 mins cardio on rowing machine on the lowest setting and WITH stopping and starting only managed 15 mins before I became exhausted and could do no more..... after shower I was still feeling weak and ate a boiled egg to help.

The help I need is, what am I doing wrong or am I just too unfit that I need to start this low OR not enough fuel for muscles?

I'm so confused.

Thanks for reading I really appreciate it and if you need any more info please let me know.

Thank you
Will
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Time for a change and become the new Will.

Post by fitoverforty »

Congrats on decided to take your life back! That is a huge step in the right direction.

I think it would be helpful if you would list the foods you are eating and at what times you eat.
Try to eat lean proteins like chicken, fish, lean beef, fresh or steamed veggies, fruits, whole grains, oatmeal. Stay away from processed foods like crackers, chips, frozen meals, pasta (unless it is whole wheat), processed cheeses, white breads, etc.

I do think you need more calories to fuel your body before exercise. 604 calories is not much to go on - no wonder you felt weak! Eating a boiled egg is actually a good post workout meal, since it has protein in it. You need protein after a workout.

Don't worry about not being able to do much right now. It will take some time for your body to adjust to the demands you are putting on it. And trying for 60 minutes of cardio after not having exercised in 10 years was aiming a bit high. 15 to 20 minutes is probably good for now, and you can build up from there.

Try to incorporate some basic bodyweight exercises. Jumping jacks, Windmills, squats, lunges, pushups (incline or on knees at first if you can't do a full pushup), leg lifts (lying on floor and raising legs up approx. 6 inches and back down. Try to do 2 sets on each exercise, 8 to 10 reps if possible, just pay attention to how you are feeling physically.

Hope this helps some. Good luck! :D
wcalland
STARTING OUT

Re: Time for a change and become the new Will.

Post by wcalland »

Thank you fitoverforty it really does help... sorry for VERY long reply time I was away from home.