Spinning or...

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

desislavia
STARTING OUT

Spinning or...

Post by desislavia »

What is better for loosing fat - spinning or running :?: I do 3 times a week spinning and 2 times -around 40-45min and I run with 8.5 km per hour -30min.
And what i have to eat before and after training for loose fat, if normaly i go to the gym around 18-19 p.m. When to take dinner before or after train :roll:
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Lifting weights along with a cardio program is more beneficial, on seperate days. Protein shake post workout for quick absoprtion into your system after you train.
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

Actually I do Mon- spinning + lifting weights
Tue - cardio + pelates / middle level/
Wen-spinning + abs
Tues-day off
Friday- cardio + lifting + little ABS
Satu -spining + lifting

* spining i do around 40-45 min
* running - 30 min - 8.5 k per hour
*lifting - 3*15 with the light weights - a various of machines /i dont know the name of English/ :oops: but they are about 6-7 different machines
*ABS i do 5*20 3 times with rest between in various ways

Mostly of the time i eat 2 hours before the gym - proteins+ half cap or rise or potatoes + salad. Or brown pasta but sometimes i eat after the train coz i don't have time eat before/ i go to Greek lessons after job Monday and Wednesday/ Do you think its a problem late dinner - around 9.30?
Mystik
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Mystik »

Too much cardio on lifting days in opinion. Also you should always lift before you do your cardio. Do the cardio on separate days from your lifting days if you can.
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

Thanks all of ur adivices. Mystik, I do not lift very heavy and mostly of the time i feel i have power do more and more.I need loose fat thats this cardio. What do you mean lift separete? To go in gym and do just lifting? :shock: Will this help loose fat if i work office job and i have 0 activities all day :cry:
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

desislavia wrote:Actually I do Mon- spinning + lifting weights
Tue - cardio + pelates / middle level/
Wen-spinning + abs
Tues-day off
Friday- cardio + lifting + little ABS
Satu -spining + lifting

* spining i do around 40-45 min
* running - 30 min - 8.5 k per hour
*lifting - 3*15 with the light weights - a various of machines /i dont know the name of English/ :oops: but they are about 6-7 different machines
*ABS i do 5*20 3 times with rest between in various ways

Mostly of the time i eat 2 hours before the gym - proteins+ half cap or rise or potatoes + salad. Or brown pasta but sometimes i eat after the train coz i don't have time eat before/ i go to Greek lessons after job Monday and Wednesday/ Do you think its a problem late dinner - around 9.30?
Monday: Lift weights
Tuesday: Cardio (HIIT)
Wednesday: Lift Weights
Thursday: Off
Friday: Cardio (HIIT)
Saturday: Weights or cardio (HIIT)
Sunday: Off

Late dinner no problem as long as it's clean (Protein, salad, and veggie). Protein shake immediately after you workout. Also, don't be afraid to lift heavy, you'll get better results. Watch your form and control the rep. If you get sloppy or find yourself rushing through a rep. Stop, recover, and start a new set. I'm not a big fan of machines, like the ones at the gyms. I do the majority of weigh training with free weights and bars.
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

Thanks Michele for your advices. I will do this program but i'm afraid the cardio is too less. I hate machines too :? i like free weights more, but I tought the machines do mirricles :twisted: weak point where i get fat is around weist. You can see from the pic also. Any tips about it? :roll:

P.S. by the way u look fabiuse. Congratulations! :D
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

the fat around the waist will only go when overall % is reduced.

i like that look in a woman though. it looks more "womanly". anyone with me on that?
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

You look great! Keep up the good work and keep in mind it will take some getting used to when you start you HIIT, but you will definately feel a difference and though it seems like 20 minutes isn't a lot, after you complete the circuit, it will feel like you did 1 hour of cardio. Keep us posted on your progress! :D
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

Thanks RK, u make me work more hard coz i lean i can reduce fat from special point.

Michele, i will keep in mind ur tips but pls can u detail how has to be one HIIT program for exaple coz i saw much and i'm little confuse.Thanks!!
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

20 Minute HIIT for treadmill:

1-2 minute warm-up (fast paced walk)
45 seconds run as fast as I can (usually 9.0 on treadmill)
2 minutes steady pace run ( usually 7.0 on treadmill)
45 seconds run as fast as I can (9.0 again)
2 minutes steady pace run (7.0 again)

Keep repeating above 45 second/2 minute above until I reach 20 minute mark. Cool down with a walk for 5 minutes in the end.

Sometimes I add a bit of an incline to treadmill also to add resistance and makes body work even harder.

If I'm on a bike, I do the same thing, just add resistance to the spinning bike when I'm at 45 second mark.

Elliptical machine, increase resistance or add grade to the foot pedals at 45 second mark. Hope this helps! :D
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

Thanks a lot for all information, now is very clear. Falling body {i use to listen body carefully how is feel} i exatcly do the same warming... colling down and i run with 8.3. The most importnat info was to change the speed. Do u belive 20 mins are enoght? :wink:
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

desislavia wrote:Thanks a lot for all information, now is very clear. Falling body {i use to listen body carefully how is feel} i exatcly do the same warming... colling down and i run with 8.3. The most importnat info was to change the speed. Do u belive 20 mins are enoght? :wink:
Yes....although I do admit some days I push to 30 minutes. Especially when Ive cheated a little too much at a meal. Like this past weekend......I ate like shit and loved every bite. Back to work today!
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

If your avatar photo is recent, then I'd say you are pretty close to your ideal weight.

If you eat dinner before working out you might become light headed. When the food is being digested the blood circulates through the digestive system. If you exercise while this is going on you will encourage blood to circulate to the muscles too. This leaves a reduced flow to the brain and you can get light headed. It is not dangerous, is will make you feel uncomfortable.

If you must eat, have a very, very light meal at least 30 minutes prior to working out. You can then have a light meal afterwards.
desislavia
STARTING OUT

Post by desislavia »

I have this photo from the summer, i get 4 kg at xmas! I'm around 66 kg. The problem is that i suffer from bulimia many years and the last 3 i can say i'm almost ok. I'm emotiomal eater, only the fitness program help me fall some rules and keep me far from the danger food and over eating! The day i have train I never oever eat or cheat, but the day off i eat much more! I try eat healphy but i'm difficult organize about day diet - i work in office and there is not much time for lunch brakes. i eat oatmeal and skimmed milk for brekfast and salad - very little solid protein for lunch.So main food is 5 p.m which is solid protein - half cap of rise or patatos, or past and salad. After train i eat one yougurt, i train 2.5 hours after lunch so i think is enoght time pass.
I heard the people passed bulimia have very slow metabolism.Also i have yo-yo in weight for the past 6 years - from 55 to 68kg!I'm so tired fight with it!

P.S.Sorry for english .. its not so perfect!