flat feet and cardio

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

anima
SOCIAL CLIMBER

flat feet and cardio

Post by anima »

hello everyone

does anyone know if running more than 3x a week on flatfeet is bad for your feet/knees/back long term? i have flatfeet and i don't feel any discomfort at the moment but i was wondering if there were any possible long term effects.

thanks in advance
Ryan_Collins
STARTING OUT

Re: flat feet and cardio

Post by Ryan_Collins »

i was told i have a bit of flat feet when i had medical for the army but they said it wont effect running, i do wear the right running shoes but i do get blisters in the same spot everytime after a 5 mile or longer run.. but i do wear really thin socks the skin just hardens you should be alright in opinion if its anything like mine
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

it's not how they're meant to be so it will do something to you sooner or later
sawhaler
STARTING OUT

Post by sawhaler »

I have the flattest feet possible and I completed second marathon just this Sunday and I run 50+ miles a week. I would recommend visiting a running shoe store and seek professional advice on the proper footwear. For me I train with the Brooks Beast, and I compete with the Saucony Hurricane. These are great stability shoes, but each foot is different. Don't let flat feet get you down, it beats being a pronator. P.S. I've been running long distance for 25 years with no sign of a long term effect except black or missing toenails.
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Invest in good shoes, invest in good shoes, invest in good shoes..did I say invest in good shoes?
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Totally agree Leslie! Seeing a podiatrist will be a great investment also. We have a great running shop near us and they do a walking and running gate test with a pressure sensative pad. It lets you know what kind of arch you have and the type of shoe that would be best for the task at hand. I buy a new pair of running shoes every 3 months and it's worth every penny, saving back and legs.