New to site, Need Help Really Bad

A forum for anything related to cardiovascular training.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fine2008
STARTING OUT

New to site, Need Help Really Bad

Post by fine2008 »

I am new to this site and desperately trying to lose weight. I weigh 189 lbs, 5'6" and am 53 years old. I do however try to be very active, which means even though I have bad knees, really bad, they swell at night after trying to do a 10-10 cardio. Running 10 seconds, resting 10 seconds. I do weights 3 days a week, alternating upper-lower. For the past month I have tried to do the Fruit Flush and seems I will lose 1-2 lbs. and gain it back. Then I went to just eating fruits, vegetables, protein 4 times a day, drinking 70 oz. water, and doing the 10-10 3 times a week. Should have lost weight, but did not. I am still hang between 187-190. I am going through menopause and like I said have bad knees, which I think now will cut down on cardio exercise.

I have decided to go back to what I tried two years ago and lost 28 lbs. Doing 6 day workout, alternating between upper, lower and cardio. Eating only protein, carbs (good) and veggies with two of meals, basically the Body for Life food regime. Although I say I am going to do this, I feel that I still have trouble losing weight. I want to lose more fat and still try to get toned at the same time. The exercise with weights is 12-10-8-6-12-12. Should I do this or try another set of lifting weights instead? I am so lost at losing weight because it just does not want to come off. Could it be that I have had to take 6 steriod shots over the past 2 months and now am doing drops in eyes because of iritis? I don't know why I cannot lose weight and I so DESPERATELY want to lose 25-20 lbs by October. Is that possible? If so, please tell me how.

Desperate for help,
Fine2008
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: New to site, Need Help Really Bad

Post by Boss Man »

If you can, look into Joint and Knee based Supplements.

For Cartilage, Cartazyne and Hyaluronic Acid.

For Bones, things like Chondroitin and Chitosan should be good. However Chitosan contains Chitin, so if you're allergic to Shellfish it's a no-go.

You can have things like Onions, Apples and Peppers, (Quercetin) and Pineapple, (Bromelain), for anti-inflammatory issues, and mediators of inflammation like Prostaglandins as an example, can be regulated by something called Arachidonic Acid, a converted Lipid derived from Omega-6. So things like Meat, Eggs and Dairy can be decent sources of Omega 6, as is Evening Primrose Oil.

Quercetin ad Bromelain are also supplements.

Certainly I doubt any of the suggested things would interfere with Medicines and of any kind, though if you're on anything, check out a site like Rxlist, as what you take might be on there and it may list interactions / contraindications relating to certain supplements, herbs foods and drinks.
fine2008
STARTING OUT

Re: New to site, Need Help Really Bad

Post by fine2008 »

diet is BFL diet, only good carbs, protein and good fats, with vegetables at two meals of the day. normal day would be for breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, cup water; snack: EAS Lite shake; Lunch: Turkey sandwich, lettuce, tomato, mustard, wheat bread, water; snack: fat free yogurt, fat free yogurt; dinner: 6 oz grill tilapia, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans; snack: EAS shake. I try to drink 70 ozs. water each day, which is usually more. :)

I do weights upper body - Monday/Friday, Lower body - Wednesday, Cardio - Tuesday/Thursday. Alternating upper and lower body each week. Cardio is eliptical. I was running 10 minutes each day, but knees seem to hurt and swell on the side.

I will try the Chondroitin to see if it helps, but mainly just want to lose weight. real question is why can't I lose weight if I am doing all that I am suppose to?