Metabolism

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kingjj25
STARTING OUT

Metabolism

Post by kingjj25 »

metabolism is very slow and sometimes fast. How can I get metabolism going fast so I can increase the amount of calories?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Metabolism

Post by Boss Man »

You can improve your metabolism with exercise and certain things have bene known to assist like cayenne pepper for example, which is alledged to improve thermogenesis, which in turn should benefit weight loss.

However if you're looking for a magic bullet solution to your queries, then I could never reccomend you such a thing, as I'm not a magic pixie I'm afraid :wink:
ultimatehlth
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ultimatehlth »

Your best bet is to spread your calories out over the entire day. 3 meals and 3 snacks spread out about 3 hours apart max should help keep blood sugar levels and your metabolism constant. If you are doing natural body building don't over do the calories or you'll just get fat. Try 30% protein, 30% healthy fats, and 40% from carbohydrates.
Best,
Last edited by ultimatehlth on Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

It is process of breaking down proteins and fats from the body.
ladysnyds
STARTING OUT

Post by ladysnyds »

Start every morning with a Green Powder Supplement and a table spoon of Flax Oil. This benefits you for a number of reasons but in a nutshell your body needs the greens and your brain needs the fats. This immediately gets your mind/body working together to manage stress, stay motivated, increase metabolism and control food cravings.

Do this and it will change your life!
annewjust78
STARTING OUT

Post by annewjust78 »

Green tea can help you to increase metabolism, a cup of green tea in the morning is good; make green tea every morning and make it a part of your breakfast. Drinking green tea every day gives me a good digestion. You will also need to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day and avoid eating dried and unhealthy foods.
Alexandrae
STARTING OUT

Post by Alexandrae »

If you really want to kick-start your metabolism, you may also try dividing your meals up into smaller portions that you eat more often throughout the day. Every time you eat, it helps your metabolism rise, so as strange as it may sound, eating frequently can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.