Food For Kids

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Food For Kids

Post by Boss Man »

This is a handy guide I've constructed, regards helping to make good food choices for children and for those who are on a low income, I hope you might find some or all of the suggestions on making foods savings useful.

The file is dowloadable in a PDF document. Thanks to the Admin for uploading this to Shapefit.

Anyone who does not have an acrobat reader can download it here.

Acrobat Reader

The PDF file can be downloaded here.

Food For Kids

Please feel free to copy and e-mail the PDF to anyone who might want it :).

I'm very happy with this and I hope it helps people
musculargirl
VETERAN

Re: Food For Kids

Post by musculargirl »

Nice boss. :). I think even just making meals instead of restaurants and by the box is a low cost option that is healthier than fast food. Like potatoes and whole grain pasta. Pretty cheap and can last a while.
kaithsandy
STARTING OUT

Post by kaithsandy »

Hey great article man. It will always healthy to have food cooked at home.
lara
STARTING OUT

Post by lara »

The article really helps me a lot, It is so very useful because all of us like a healthy and delicious food for our children :mrgreen:

Singapore Food
Kolen
STARTING OUT

Post by Kolen »

In opinion kids should eat fruits because fruits are natural food and have lot of vitamins which are good for energy growth and health. Moreover porridge is also an ideal diet for kids.
shapelycurves
STARTING OUT

Post by shapelycurves »

Thanks Bossman! Getting our kids to eat healthy right from the start has always been a major priority for us, but money is always tight too!
lindaalbert
STARTING OUT

Post by lindaalbert »

Hi,

this article is very use full to every one ..Parents and guardians are key decision-makers when it comes to the nutrition, physical activity and health needs of their child. Each day, you can take advantage of the healthy choices around you and do little things that can affect your child’s health in a big way.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Feel free to express yourself your way, don't feel you should cut and paste off other websites in order to have an opinion :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Also when you go online some stores have local weekly ads showing their sales for the week as well as coupons you can download. Places like walmart (not sure on target) will honor other stores sales prices than along with a coupon it can be a pretty good deal. although that can be a hassle when purchasing in the checkout line i would think. :?

Another thing you can do is stockpile when there is a sale on things and you know it is something you use a lot of.

Also you can develop a price list so you can learn what a good price is on the items you buy at different stores and i read (not sure if this is accurate) that items generally tend to go on sale every 12 weeks so stockpile when you see a sale.

If you shop target if that's near you they have a 5% cash back debit card which is kind of nice because it's a 5% discount on your total amount.
SteVenBen
STARTING OUT

Post by SteVenBen »

In opinion kids should eat fruits because fruits are natural food and have lot of vitamins which are good for energy growth and health. Moreover porridge is also an ideal diet for kids.
cwatson
STARTING OUT

Post by cwatson »

That's good boss :) great work. Keep it up.
cwatson
STARTING OUT

Post by cwatson »

Well i want to know like 1 out of every 5 children are obese in America so what are the real causes ? Is their food habits are sole reason ?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's a combination of all sorts of things.

1. Advertising.

2. Lack of education.

3. Lack of better choices.

4. Crap being seen as cheaper, especially for low income families, who are not educated on how to buy smarter, find cheap healthy food, exploit deals, smoke and / or drink less and afford better food.

5. Lack of restrictions on some food outlets.

6. Possibly a few other things I can't think of offhand.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Another thing too is don't you think kids may not be as active as they once were too? We were in sports but in our spare time we also would always be outside even in the winter, having snowball fights, sledding or building snow forts. Nowadays electronics and video games have become so popular.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Children are less active you're right, because they are not encouraged, or do not find the right balance between exercise and computer console activity, (I'm not including things like WII Fit in this comment).