Food For Kids

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitlivinglifestyle
STARTING OUT

Re: Food For Kids

Post by fitlivinglifestyle »

Another great option at a restaurant is to share. Teach your kids to share meals. You as parents can share a meal and will help teach the kids they don't need such large portions. Have healthy snacks available for them at home or when out for the day. When people get hungry they are more likely to grab something unhealthy or when they are out and about they will grab something quick and easy for the kids. Planning ahead for a day at the zoo , beach or park can make a difference and provides good healthy habits.
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

Food is one of many factors that affect a brain development.
List of foods that can help kid's brain development-
1.Eggs
2.Green vegetables
3.Fish
4.Nuts
5.Oatmeal
6.Fruits
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It depends on how much fish you give them, in relation to the metal content.
fitncer
STARTING OUT

Post by fitncer »

It's been a long time that instead of juice I buy fresh fruits for kids. Buy fruits instead of sugar-filled juices.
SuppleLion
STARTING OUT

Post by SuppleLion »

lots and lots of veggies, unprocessed protein, and ample amounts of fats. carbs are okay, but watch those processed sugars.
Everett
STARTING OUT

Post by Everett »

I'm in favor of proteins for kids along with vitamins (specially vitamin C). I've noticed that this combo keeps their sugar cravings at bay and lets them indulge once in a while.
Roby2015
STARTING OUT

Post by Roby2015 »

Boss Man
you hit on a lot of good reasons but one more would be the lack of food prep knowledge of parents - I'm the product of the microwave dinner family :oops: when they first came out family jumped on the frozen dinners so we all got to eat what we wanted and didn't have to worry about prep or cleanup (so easy for mom when there are picky eaters in the house). Unfortunately, as an adult I couldn't make very much- roommate and I had a saying "there's always takeout" when I tried to cook something new :tonguepoke: and I eventually learned to cook (and can do a lot with and without recipes)...eating takeout or buying the prepared meals is easy and in a time crunch so convenient...but not having basic cooking skills (or meal planning skills) makes it much more difficult!
Roby
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes Roby, you do make a valid point. If people knew how to cook more they could make fairly quick and simple thing in next to no time.
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

Thanks for sharing this! It's true we have to educate the kids to pick healthier choices even at an early age. Lots of kids these days are suffering obesity and diabetes but I think it's very much avoidable if we could educate them and be involved in meal planning.
BeauBody38
STARTING OUT

Post by BeauBody38 »

As parents increasingly seek out food that is healthful and nutritious for their children, particularly in light of America’s growing childhood-obesity crisis, restaurants have sought to provide menu items that are not only good for kids, but also taste great.
BeauBody38
STARTING OUT

Post by BeauBody38 »

Foods for kids should be healthy. They should be encouraged to exercise just like adults. :D
Ryan15
STARTING OUT

Post by Ryan15 »

Thank you, this is great and so very important.
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

Boss Man wrote:This is a handy guide I've constructed, regards helping to make good food choices for children and for those who are on a low income, I hope you might find some or all of the suggestions on making foods savings useful.

The file is dowloadable in a PDF document. Thanks to the Admin for uploading this to Shapefit.

Anyone who does not have an acrobat reader can download it here.

Acrobat Reader

The PDF file can be downloaded here.

Food For Kids

Please feel free to copy and e-mail the PDF to anyone who might want it :).

I'm very happy with this and I hope it helps people
thank you ! it is really useful ! i have a son with six years old and i always think what should i cook for him ? it will help me .thanks
Freerunner25
STARTING OUT

Post by Freerunner25 »

Thanks for sharing this.
Platinumbod
STARTING OUT

Post by Platinumbod »

Feeding children can be one of the most satisfying and stressful parts of parenting - and most of us have ended up with a fearsome mealtime stand off at some point.