Food For Kids

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

clairelv
STARTING OUT

Re: Food For Kids

Post by clairelv »

very great !
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

thank you so much , son is a little bit overweight .hope this will be helpful......
thebearnecessities
STARTING OUT

Post by thebearnecessities »

I think kids are overweight because mums don't cook anymore. Many just buy ready-meals pre-made off the shelf. Full of sugar and carbs.

It started when women went to work in the 70s and now many families have two working parents who don't want to cook when they get home.

I think everyone should try to cook more at home. Make it a hobby, involve the kids, get silly, put music on. even just start off with one or two set evenings a week that are the nights you cook something quick. and gradually over time it gets easier and quicker to whip up something great.

I have a few quick and easy recopies written out and stuck to the inside of cupboard door beside the oven.

I use these recipies to write shopping list.
TotalCoaching
STARTING OUT

Post by TotalCoaching »

Thanks for this. These days, a lot of people feel like they are too busy to cook healthy meals for the family, which means that many kids end up eating processed food that is bad for their health. A good tips is to make sure you have vegetables and fruits around the house so that you can give them to your kids when they're hungry. Foods that don't require preparation (apples, baby carrots, berries, etc.) are a good choice.
gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

Post by gymcelia2016 »

thanks for this bossman! its great, found it really useful :)
sharealex
STARTING OUT

Post by sharealex »

Today"s environment makes it very hard for parents to motivate our kids to be active.
We can't just tell them to play outside, especially if they are the kind of kids that would
prefer to play video games or watch TV instead of play football or baseball or any
kind of physical activity. but i think that Kids love it when their parents play with them.
this is a great way to get them to start enjoying physical activity.
Manzer12
STARTING OUT

Post by Manzer12 »

Much helpful post here. Also the tips you shared really wonderful for the mild kids.
West
STARTING OUT

Post by West »

Thanks, this is really helpful... am a firm believer of making sure kids are eating the right things! Personally believe it all starts with what we're putting into our own mouths, and what kind of example we're setting!
fitncer
STARTING OUT

Post by fitncer »

Thank you for sharing.
PaulTorresK
STARTING OUT

Post by PaulTorresK »

Although it is a very old post it is a very useful one. Thanks for sharing it.
WilliamYoung
STARTING OUT

Post by WilliamYoung »

Lots of good advice here, kids need guidance where eating the correct food is concerned.
XxJassyxX
STARTING OUT

Post by XxJassyxX »

TotalCoaching wrote:Thanks for this. These days, a lot of people feel like they are too busy to cook healthy meals for the family, which means that many kids end up eating processed food that is bad for their health. A good tips is to make sure you have vegetables and fruits around the house so that you can give them to your kids when they're hungry. Foods that don't require preparation (apples, baby carrots, berries, etc.) are a good choice.
So true! It's so important to make sure that your kids eat fresh fruits and vegetables and it is not difficult to prepare some of these to go along with each meal! I understand that cooking food every day requires a lot of time, but I think it's also possible to cook healthy food without spending too much time on it. Balanced eating is important to stop obesity!
ttugamer
STARTING OUT

Post by ttugamer »

Very helpful ty
Ethan1122
STARTING OUT

Post by Ethan1122 »

Protein, pick fish, lean meat and poultry, eggs, beans, peas, soy items, and unsalted nuts and seeds, organic products, urge your youngster to eat an assortment of crisp, canned, solidified or dried natural products instead of natural product juice, vegetables, serve an assortment of new, canned, solidified or dried vegetables....

We know what we are, but know not what we may be
RandolphRay
STARTING OUT

Post by RandolphRay »

It seems that it's still a hot topic. Since the children first tried the chips, I can barely k=make them not to eat it before going to bed. We have ruled out almost everything fried and fast-food, but at school, they are served hamburgers and fried potatoes.