Supplements good or bad

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

deric
STARTING OUT

Supplements good or bad

Post by deric »

Hey, guys I got this article that I would like you to check out. Let me know what you think. I am trying to put on muscle or bulk up, I have been skinny all life and have never been able to put on much muscle. I eat a lot but after reading this article, maybe not enough. I have tried a lot of different supplements but have not had much luck. Feel free to leave comments on article page or blog page. Thanks http://www.streetarticles.com/nutrition ... ing-muscle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Supplements good or bad

Post by Boss Man »

Bodybuilding supplements are there to supplement diet not to replace it.

Most are either pointless, crap, expensive or a combination of all 3 and if guys like Arnie got big natural bulk before jucing, (it's 99.99% likely), without any supplements, then even basic ones are not required.

Basic ones like Whey with Carbs, Glutamine, Amino Acids, yes, maybe Creatine perhaps when you're fairly bulked first of all, but pretty much anything else is just a crock in book and not worth a dime.

Eat well, train hard, then supplement with a fairly cost effective basic supplement if you wish.
Mabel
STARTING OUT

Post by Mabel »

The reactions of supplements are depend on several factors like age, composition of that supplement, your body health and the purpose for what you are having that supplements.
ftsteven22
STARTING OUT

Post by ftsteven22 »

I have tried Mass-tadon recently and actually put on some good size. I weighed about 165 before taking it and am now up around 175. If you're looking for a supplement I would try this out.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Could be worse, but still looks like one of those expensive ones, as it's got Herbs in it and 3 different carb sources.

Plus the admisson of Protease I and Protease II is a bit confusing. That could be Papain from Papaya, Bromelain from Pineapple, Ficin from Figs, Trypsin produced in the Pancreas, or Pepsin produced in the Stomach, or possible synthetic versisons thereof if such things exist. I know of no other Proteases but there may be more.

At leats it doesn't come with wording like Proprietary blends or loads of B.S. marketing speil.

I reckon tough if you'd taken an Isolate with Carbs and added Glutamine and BCAA's in it, then stacked freeform Creatine with it, you might have gotten the same results but a little cheaper.

If the Protein powder had some Creatine already in it, like 2-3g, you could have saved more money on Creatine, by only needing to stack 1/2 a scoop or tspn into the Protein powder.
zenphitness
STARTING OUT

Post by zenphitness »

There are a TON of supplements out there, and it is important to do your research. There are a lot of them that if you do not have some kind of biology or biochemistry degree are very difficult to decipher and figure out if they are a waste of time and money or not. Also, everyone has different body chemistry and will have different results including factors like age, weight, etc. Personally, I am a fan of supplements, it is very difficult and expensive to eat right and get enough nutrition for your body when you are a serious fitness athlete, and you can actually save money and eat better with the careful use of supplements. It is important to know what kind of proteins do what, when the optimal time to take amino acids, what kind of amino acids to take, etc. So it is essential for the serious body builder/athlete to empower themselves through knowledge in order to determine what is best for themselves. http://www.zenphitness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;