how much weight will I lose in a month with this diet

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

misaki_100
STARTING OUT

how much weight will I lose in a month with this diet

Post by misaki_100 »

vegetables, fruit and tea :) with a 30min daily workout ?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: how much weight will I lose in a month with this diet

Post by Boss Man »

Not much.

If you had a diet with a high salt content before, you would lose some water weight, as excess salt causes water retention.

However as 1lb of muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories a day, so lost muscle could have the opposite effect and if your diet is low on protein, which yours looks like, you could lose muscle, potentially counteracting in part, your weight loss attempts.

I don't know why you are aiming for a month timeframe, unless you're using the month as some kind of period, not a serious weight loss period, but because of the apparent lack of protein and possibly calories, you also risk thinning your bones from inadequate bone nutrition.

Not to mention low protein intake would cause issues, relating to lack of assential amino acids and that could affect other things like sleep patterns, nervous transmission etc.

I would post a schedule of your diet I.E. meal times and the foods eaten at those times, so we as a community can better see where to help you, because I don't think your current diet plan will do much other than lose you some watr weight a bit of fat and possibly some muscle and bone density, two of those things being not beneficial for you.

The exercise plan seems fine though, so that's good to go :).
neviagoldman
STARTING OUT

Post by neviagoldman »

How can you survive only on fruit and tea??? :D
Sunwarrior
STARTING OUT

Post by Sunwarrior »

neviagoldman wrote:How can you survive only on fruit and tea??? :D
Apparently you can't. As healthy and nutritious as fresh fruits are for you, a strictly fruitarian diet seems to be dangerous. There was a news report on the actor, Ashton Kutcher, who had adapted the the fruitarian diet to get into the role of Steve Jobs for a new movie. However, the fruitarian diet sent him to the hospital :shock: because of an issue with his pancreas, Here's the link to the report.
http://news.yahoo.com/ashton-kutchers-f ... 52514.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ironically this same diet, is whats presumed to be the cause of Steve Jobs death. :cry:

The body requires a multitud of nutrients and trying to supplement it only with sugars, even healthier sugars supplying vitamins, is not a proper way to live.

Fructose (primary fruit sugar) is a bit more difficult to break down then glucose (body's main energy source), but it doesnt revoke the effects of a high-sugar/high-carb diet. :|
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Tallgirll22T »

Good luck keeping that diet up. You will probably cave before the month is over and end up eating all kinds of junk, gain fat, and be fatter than you were to start with because you lost muscle while you were starving yourself. Bad idea.