lost cost quick healthy meals

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

lost cost quick healthy meals

Post by gymcelia2016 »

can anyone recommend some low cost healthy meals that are quick to prepare or quick healthy snacks?
ive found myself 'nipping to the fridge' for quick snacks all the time or just grabbing a few biscuits or a packet of crisps. also for meals i do the same as its quicker to just have a chip butty after ive sorted the kids out. but i want to break these habits so any recommendations would be appreciated! :)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: lost cost quick healthy meals

Post by Fitafter50 »

I like to make a big pot of bean or veggie soup or Thai curry that I can keep in the fridge for quick meals. I usually throw in two eggs when I'm re-heating them for protein, but if you eat meat or chicken, you could skip the eggs. I also bake a bunch of sweet potatoes when I've got the oven on for something else, and then just re-heat them in the toaster oven. Taking a little time to "batch cook" makes life a lot easier!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Gymcelia, good to speak to you.

Here are some other options for you to consider if you want to, like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.
gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

Post by gymcelia2016 »

thanks guys, i do have things in the fridge like packet hams and chicken etc but i find i eat too much as i just keep going back! basically im being a little piggy!!
and never thought of making own soup. will definitely attempt to make some haha.