Will I lose weight doing this..

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

arollinson
STARTING OUT

Will I lose weight doing this..

Post by arollinson »

I go to gym before work most mornings normally 3-5 times a week if I'm honest and do 15 mins high intensity running (30 second run 30 second walk) then for breakfast I have scrambled egg (2 eggs) a bowl of corn flakes, for dinner I have either chicken and rice, chicken wrap, chicken on warburton squares (low in carbs) or beef slices on squares, then for snacks through out the day I'll either have a low fat/ fat fee yogurt, Apple and banana, 1 bottle of lucasade orange, and a special K chocolate biscuit moment.

Please can someone tell me if this is wrong or too much or if it's okay? In abit 14 and a half stone and I'm looking to lose weight
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Will I lose weight doing this..

Post by Boss Man »

You're not doing anything particularly wrong no, but you may want to monitor the weight loss and tweak calories accordingly, if you stall in a few weeks, as it's difficult to be sure with the admissions you made, but you may be under eating a bit.

However monitor it as I say for the next few weeks and see how things pan out.
arollinson
STARTING OUT

Post by arollinson »

Thanks boss man I'll get weighed every Monday and monitor it! Just wanted to check because it seems like I eat a lot I know it's not bad for me the things I'm eating though so wanted to check
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Make sure you weight every Monday morning after a toilet trip, not in the evening, so you don't get a slightly skewed reading because of things like undigested food and retained waste matter. Some people do get confused when tracking their weight because they don't weigh at the same time every week, so certain factors such as those mentioned before create inconsistencies.
jocko2112
STARTING OUT

Post by jocko2112 »

In order to lose weight you will need to burn more calories than you are taking in. Sometimes losing weight is not as beneficial as changing body composition. Reducing body fat and increasing muscle can help you achieve a much "better" looking body without actually losing and weigh
jim222
STARTING OUT

Post by jim222 »

arollinson wrote:I go to gym before work most mornings normally 3-5 times a week if I'm honest and do 15 mins high intensity running (30 second run 30 second walk) then for breakfast I have scrambled egg (2 eggs) a bowl of corn flakes, for dinner I have either chicken and rice, chicken wrap, chicken on warburton squares (low in carbs) or beef slices on squares, then for snacks through out the day I'll either have a low fat/ fat fee yogurt, Apple and banana, 1 bottle of lucasade orange, and a special K chocolate biscuit moment. get rid of cellulite winstrol crazy bulk

Please can someone tell me if this is wrong or too much or if it's okay? In abit 14 and a half stone and I'm looking to lose weight
Looks quite normal, but tell me how much water do you drink during the day?
Last edited by jim222 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiorsKnows
STARTING OUT

Post by MiorsKnows »

arollinson wrote:Thanks boss man I'll get weighed every Monday and monitor it! Just wanted to check because it seems like I eat a lot I know it's not bad for me the things I'm eating though so wanted to check
You should use a tailors meter for more accurate result tracking. Measure your waist, hands and thights every 2 weeks. :clap:
ArielBrazeau
STARTING OUT

Post by ArielBrazeau »

If you feel over eating then cut down some calories of intake. Then do the same procedure for a month atleast. Definitely you see the results. And make sure with your calories need for maintenance.. before cutting down the intake
jvcalia2
STARTING OUT

Post by jvcalia2 »

Check out this resource: https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/index.html
I've found it pretty useful for setting a daily calorie mark based on your goals for yourself. Then, count your calories, without making it too burdensome that you'll want to quit early on. Personally, I found out the calories of the foods I eat most frequently, and have that info stored in Google Keep on phone. I tend to have the same breakfast and nearly the same lunch every day (rotate between a handful of options), so through this, I've developed a good understanding of how many calories I'm allowed to have at night, and have found it not too hard to estimate. Just having a few numbers in head helped me concentrate far more on what I put in body and helped me generate an understanding of how many calories I need to function, and where food can be cut out of diet.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could also consider a free download called Diets In Details as well.
jgerard
STARTING OUT

Post by jgerard »

Your routine sounds great I would watch calories and try to consume the same amount per day because that is the best way to lose weight. Also sometimes upping your protein intake can lead to weight gain but fat loss not sure if you are interested in that though. Random thought by me here, but you said you go to the gym before work if you ever feel like time is a restriction there it might be a good idea to look into Beachbody's online workout videos. They let you vary the intensity and style of the workout all from the comfort of your home. I recently switched jobs and I lost most of the time I had before for the gym but I still needed to workout. friend recommended it to me and it has made a tremendous difference in life. Just something I thought I should mention but anyways hope this helped!

https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitne ... -videos.do