I need help gaining weight

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Flokiieh
STARTING OUT

I need help gaining weight

Post by Flokiieh »

Here I am again, with another question I was trying to find an answer to for quite a while.
First of all, I am 15years old, with a weight of 55.6kg at the moment. height is 177cm and I am working out 6-7 times a week in a gym. I try to eat as much as possible of what I find but I guess not the right things. I eat a lot of fried food, a lot of yoghurts, less fruit for the last few months ( which Is not good so I am going to eat more soon ) and also bread with nutella's and stuff. I need a list of recommended foods to eat when and please do not suggest any shakes since circumstances won't let me make them lol ( Gotta buy own shaker :P ).
I eat pretty much once in about 2hours whatever I find and for lunch I eat until I get that feeling you are full. common mistake is drinking soda beside eating and I don't know how to solve that issue yet because mouth gets extremely dry.
What should I eat and when? Is it recommended eating a lot before or after gym?

Thanks in advance!
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: I need help gaining weight

Post by Fitafter50 »

If you want to add muscle, you need to eat sufficient protein--things like eggs, fish, chicken, beef, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds. I would probably aim to eat your meal after the gym, as protein is digested relatively slowly and you might not be comfortable working out with a full stomach. Snacking on something higher carb like nut butter with bread or fruit before going to the gym is fine.
Flokiieh
STARTING OUT

Post by Flokiieh »

Okay, thanks!
shanilbeekarry
STARTING OUT

Post by shanilbeekarry »

Sounds like you have a quick metabolism. One of friend was like this, so what you have to do in this case is increase your carbs and protein. For you to gain weight to have to eat more calories than you are burning, there are trackers where you can track you calories burn get an approximate number.

Once you know how much you are burning in a day you can then calculate how much calories you can eat in order to gain the desired weight you want.

I have a slow metabolism myself so the opposite to you. I keep track of everything I find it helps a great deal.

The tracking of the calories is doesn't have to be completely accurate even a rough figure will do as you only want a rough idea.

To track meals I weight food and use fitness pal to enter the food and calories.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help :)

Have a great day