Quantity of nuts for my size?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

marcooli3
STARTING OUT

Quantity of nuts for my size?

Postby marcooli3 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:51 pm

I don't get enough sleep and am tired at work, I know how to fix the issue of tardiness, but I read that a high protein breakfast was the ticket to sustained energy. This in the form of meats and nuts, I knew I couldn't at least get some nuts before or at work, but not red meat, it's too expensive.

I weigh 71kg and am 180m in height, what amount of nuts should I be taking for my size please?

I am not looking to gain weight or go "pro", just get a little more energy in the morning, assuming that I get a full night's sleep. I don't have a stressful job, but it can leave the brain a little numb.

Thanks!

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Quantity of nuts for my size?

Postby Boss Man » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi Marcooli, good to talk to you.

It's more about the calories from nuts rather than how many, but if you want a decent portion of nuts, for the carbs, fats and a bit of protein then in general, most small types of nuts in a 1/4 cup quantity is fine, or in the case of walnuts, 1 cup, but eaten in conjunction with one or two other things for breakfast rather than the nuts alone.

marcooli3
STARTING OUT

Postby marcooli3 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:28 am

It was actually the protein and fat that I was looking for, apparently Carbohydrates are the big ruse:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/get-r ... -your-life

I would like to know the formula, if there is one, that's why I provided some details about myself, to calculate what I would need. When you say ¼ cup of buts, that roughly translates into 35g in Metric, which doesn't seem like very much.

I have been told to just get more sleep, well, easier said than done. But, would like to try the nut breakfast out anyway.

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Postby Boss Man » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:27 pm

However you're forgetting the fats are 9 calories per gram, carbs, except alcohol carbs, are 4 calories per gram and protein, apart from casein, is calories per gram, so you're getting a decent amount of calories, to form the basis of your meal and then you add other things in to bolster up the caloric amount.

Return to “Diet & Nutrition”