How Bad Is Pudding Powder?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

TechnicGeek
STARTING OUT

How Bad Is Pudding Powder?

Postby TechnicGeek » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:28 am

For breakfast I consume dairy cottage cheese mixed with ready to consume vanilla/chocolate pudding. I saw pudding powder and bought vanilla and chocolate flavor. I didn't like vanilla because it does not taste as close to normal pudding sold in stores and determined that chocolate powder pudding is almost close to it taste-wise. After seeing label I was concerned about ingredients below:

I wonder if it contains ingredients that are unhealthy that I should pay attention to. I see those E but have no idea what are they. I was told long time ago that everything I see with E is artificial and should avoid. Today though I see E on many product labels.

Thanks

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How Bad Is Pudding Powder?

Postby Boss Man » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:32 pm

There are certainly worse things out there that you could be consuming, bearing in mind that not all E numbers are created equal, as some are there to help with longevity of the product and quality, so they should not all be viewed with suspicion,

However you may want to google it and see if there are any specific sites detailing all E numbers and what their functions / uses are, as I cannot really tell you to any great degree.

In terms of the other ingredients there are plenty of websites that can help you find out what those ingredients do.

In terms of the allergen information at the bottom, that often can imply that the stated foodstuffs are not added to the product itself, but that the product is manufactured in an environment where such foodstuffs may be used to manufacture other things, therefore there may be a miniscule chance of cross-contamination from one or more of the foodstuffs listed in the allergen information section.

Sometimes such labels contain words such as "this product is manufactured in a factory that uses", or at least words to that effect, which is the same thing as the description I gave in the previous paragraph.

One thing I think I'm right in assuming however, is that anti-caking agents are put in to prevent the product from going clumpy, so you don't end up with lumps or chunks when the powder is exposed to a liquid.

On conclusion, as long as you're not consuming this stuff like it's going out of style, then you should be fine.

TechnicGeek
STARTING OUT

Re: How Bad Is Pudding Powder?

Postby TechnicGeek » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:52 am

Thanks for information.

Return to “Diet & Nutrition”