Do I Need to Completely Cut Out Sugar to Get Flat ?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

TechnicGeek
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Do I Need to Completely Cut Out Sugar to Get Flat ?

Post by TechnicGeek »

Hello,

Trying to get your opinion on whether one must cut out sugar completely to get flat . It's something I recently heard spoken in online community.
What I know is that due to how quickly sugar is absorbed there is a certain amount that liver can handle before the rest of sugar gets absorbed into fat cells. Keeping that in mind, does it mean that it's not necessary to eliminate sugar from diet when you only need to make sure that you are not putting a burden on your liver and consume sugar in a controlled amount?

I think this ties to next question which is reducing body fat. If I consume sugar in controllable amount would that reduce fat? Also, does origin of sugar matters? I heard cane sugar has more benefits than processed sugar.

I wonder what is the diet of this guy? https://youtu.be/5S19yI-NdUk

Thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Do I Need to Completely Cut Out Sugar to Get Flat ?

Post by Boss Man »

Switching to natural sugars is a better alternative than processed sugar and also limiting sugar is also beneficial, but you don't need to have absolutely no sugar, unless you have a medical condition like an IBD where you are suggested not to consume sugar.
TechnicGeek
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by TechnicGeek »

Boss Man wrote:Switching to natural sugars is a better alternative than processed sugar and also limiting sugar is also beneficial, but you don't need to have absolutely no sugar, unless you have a medical condition like an IBD where you are suggested not to consume sugar.
On the package of white sugar I noticed ~230 calories and 99 carbohydrates per 100 grams. I think that's the worst combination there can be for someone trying to keep weight (which is myself). Normally when I consumed sugar and when I was over-trained, I could actually notice 2 days later the increased layer of fat on almost flat ...

I wonder if cane sugar, while more beneficial is not as "intense". At least maybe it has less calories or less carbohydrates? I always attributed carbohydrates to bread, which I eliminated from diet.
WilliamYoung
STARTING OUT

Post by WilliamYoung »

Processed sugar is something you want to give a wide berth, try cane sugar or some other alternatives, do you really have to have sugar.
TechnicGeek
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by TechnicGeek »

WilliamYoung wrote:Processed sugar is something you want to give a wide berth, try cane sugar or some other alternatives, do you really have to have sugar.
Normally no but when there's occasion or your relatives offer it, it's hard to refuse. I also find that sugar helps me deal with mental stress.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

I would be avoiding it as much as possible! There are plenty of other alternatives out there that are much better for you. Dates are favourite! Other "healthier" sugars include coconut sugar and pure maple syrup. These sugars are still super high in carbs/overall energy so it's best to limit their consumption when trying to lose weight. This article goes into how you can use various sugars https://blog.dukesgym.com.au/blog/healthy-baking-hacks/