Binges??

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Krysten
STARTING OUT

Binges??

Post by Krysten »

Heey .. so i do tabata and kettlebell training twice a day 6 days a week .. was stuck at 149pnds .. made way to 139 yaaay almost at goal of 135 ... bamm two days cant stop eating .. tired and just want bad foods .. now back at 145 :( noooo .. whats up with the random badfood binges and is it normal ?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Binges??

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Krysten, good to talk to you.

suspicion is you may be doing too much and that would be linked to the lethargy and you may be doing something to heighten your hunger responses, because if you burn too many calories and possibly are under-eating, you will have reduced levels of satiety, promoting hunger pangs and that could encourage you to eat, but potentially much more caloric intake than the number of calories lost to excessive exercises and or insufficient caloric intake from your diet.

I would consider cutting the training you're doing ot once a day and see how that impacts. I would suggest tweaks to your diet, but for now the training could be a key cause of your concerns and if this change is isolated for the next 2-4 weeks, it would be easier to see if any changes to diet might be worthwhile, as making changes to both diet and exercise together may result in one thing cancelling out the other.
ScarletG
STARTING OUT

Re: Binges??

Post by ScarletG »

Hi! :)

I agree with Boss Man, and think that you should reduce your time in the gym, that's probably the source of your hunger.
But also, based on experience, if I don't eat every 3.5/4 hours, there's a risk I'll binge it, and I'll want to eat the worst junk food out there. What works for me is that I have a meal schedule and to stick to it, cause as soon as I skip a meal I want to eat burgers and fries.