How can I gain some weight?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Gitche86
STARTING OUT

How can I gain some weight?

Post by Gitche86 »

Hello. I’m a man who is trying to put on more weight. The main problem that I am getting stuck on is that I despise food and eating. I thought I would be able to just drink a fluid concoction mixed with appropriate amounts of the “vital nutrients” that body whinily demands on a minute-to-minute basis, but unfortunately, the medical professionals whom I am related to have informed me that idea would not be feasible. I also have wondered if an intravenous solution would potentially work, but I doubt it, given how infuriatingly finicky this accursed sack of worthless flesh and bones is. In summation, are there any ways of gaining weight that don’t involve making myself feel like a disgusting fat blob by eating more than what I absolutely have to?

Appreciate it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How can I gain some weight?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Gitchie.

The short answer is no. You could have a couple of protein shakes a day, but you'd still need another 3-4 meal portions a day of solid food to allow your body to be nourished properly and promote positive body change.
Gitche86
STARTING OUT

Post by Gitche86 »

I don’t understand. What do you mean “nourished properly”? If all of the so called “essential nutrients”, i.e. protein, calcium, fiber, etc., are combined in a blender, then why isn’t that enough? I’m not trying to be a cockwagon, I honestly just don’t understand.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I mean nourished properly as in getting the right levels of nourishment.

Many protein shakes don't necessarily have ideal amounts of micronutrients I:E: iron, zinc, vitamin e, calcium, vitamin c etc and some are very carb low, so you'd need to get your energy reserves from weight gainer type protein powders, but many protein powders of any description contain very limited amounts of fat, so getting essential fatty acids in your diet would be a difficult undertaking from just shakes alone and you could end up with insufficient fat soluble vitamin intake, those being vitamins A, D, E, K as a result.

So having shakes once or twice a day would be okay, but you'd really need 3-4 additional solid meals, rather than trying to use a cheat method of 5-6 shakes a day and a multivitamin.

Plus the fact protein shakes even good tasting ones, would eventually, after 5-6 intakes a day, just become very repetitive taste wise I'm pretty certain of that. I used to use them and when the mix was right they tasted fine, but I couldn't have based diet on 5,6,7 of those a day and been okay with the repetitive nature of it and the repetitive taste I would have been getting.

Eventually I'd have been itching for a different taste experience, even just something as simple as beans on toast, I'm sure of that.
Gitche86
STARTING OUT

Post by Gitche86 »

Dear.
Sweet.
Merciful.
Buddha.

I’m not talking about “protein shakes”.

plan is this:

Find out every “nutrient” worthless sack of crap that isn’t capable of anything worthwhile, I mean “body” needs on a daily basis. I.e. How many grams of protein? How many grams of dietary fiber? How much of *insert umpteen other stupid things it whines for* and to blend the entire thing together.

If it tastes absolutely foul, that doesn’t matter. I was a landscaper for 13 years. I’ve accidentally and intentionally eaten things during the course of duties that have rendered me nigh-impossible to become nauseated over smell and taste.

I’m from the US. Consequently, the National Pastime of All-You-Can-Eat has left me with absolutely no desire for solid food of any kind. It is [BLEEP]ing DISGUSTING how much people in America eat. Seriously. You can’t walk a city block without seeing people pigging out on humongous portions of fat and salt-laden food. :x
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well in theory your plan might work, but if you want to do that I'm not going to say don't, you do what you feel comfortable with.