Is this a good plan to stick to?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

OlaAndrea
STARTING OUT

Is this a good plan to stick to?

Post by OlaAndrea »

Hello friends,
Forgive me if I'm all over the place or writing in a wrong way, this is quite new to me and I'm looking for guidance.

I am F 28, not overweight (medically speaking), however I am certainly not happy with the way I look and I assume definitely not healthy.
Over the last 5 years skinnyfat figure took turn for the worse. I have a debuting muffin top, wide fatty upper arms and thighs, and I guess a lot of internal fat. Actually, stomach is the thing I hate looking at the most - when I'm not sucking in, I look 2-3 months pregnant even if I haven't eaten.

I weight around 60 kg / 132 lbs, average height, BMI is around 23

vices are:
- bread
- ice cream
- alcohol

I am an emotional eater. I'm trying to build a healthier relationship with food.

Could any of you rate how I've planned to start getting fitter? The world of nutrition is still very confusing to me.

- I plan stopping all sugar and carbs, especially refined carbs (I do wonder if I'm allowed one cheat per week.)
- Reducing alcohol to maybe two beers per week.
- Halving all of portions 50%
- Getting into intermittent fasting (although I read it worsens blood sugar control in women, and in studies causes female animals emaciation and masculinization, or missing cycles)
- Eating more fatty fish, fatty meat and taking Omega 3 pills
- Eating more eggs and bacon (I read that it's good for fat loss, although I still can't believe it)
- Eating chia soaked in greek yoghurt for breakfast.
- TRYING to eat more green vegetables (bleh)
- Trying to stick to weight training at least twice per week (I hate working out :( )

Thanks to all who read all of this. I know I am the hundreth to post "rate plan pls", but I really need to motivate myself this time :(

What do you think? I am still searching for something I can stick to for the rest of life.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Is this a good plan to stick to?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Ola, good to talk to you.

Your changes to lifestyle certainly seem feasible, so there is no reason why you can't do it in theory.

Have you actually formulated an eating plan based on the changes you say you want to make and what would that look like in terms of foods eaten and what times of the day you intend to eat at?
OlaAndrea
STARTING OUT

Post by OlaAndrea »

Thanks for your answer, BossMan.

No eating plan, I just shift weekly shopping into excluding carbs and sugars, and including more meat/fish/etc. I'm feeling the bread deprivation kicking in haha, I hope I pull through the weekend.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It would make sense though to give the changes some kind of structure. That way you can make it easier to shop and be more likely to stick to things, because you can plan more efficiently what you need in the way of food because you know what times of the day you're eating at and what you're eating at those times of the day.

If the eating becomes too random in terms of choice and times, you might sometimes struggle to know what to eat or not have the same number of meals per day.