Diet Confusion

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

TripleStack
STARTING OUT

Diet Confusion

Post by TripleStack »

I am 18 and recently started getting into shape, I have been working out since jan and so far the progress is going pretty well.
I am confused on how much I should be eating, im currently about 180 lbs and 6ft tall.
I have a bit of stomach fat which has gone done but not to what I want, for this I was just really limiting what I eat, but then I also want muscle growth and calorie intake for that is insane for what ive currently been doing.

Does anyone have a clue for what I should be aiming for?

workouts consist primary of strength workouts with occasional cardio thrown in, 4 times a week.

Thank you for any help :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Diet Confusion

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Triplestack, good to talk to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
shruthi143
STARTING OUT

Post by shruthi143 »

Can you tell me the exact diet that you are following right now?
Note: This was said by coach and I've followed it, seen a good results.
I think consuming a good amount of carbs, proteins, vitamins and fibre will be the best diet of all time.
RandolphRay
STARTING OUT

Post by RandolphRay »

Your diet must be balanced, otherwise, you will only hurt your body. You can train at least 5 days a week, but it will have no point without proper nutrition. I recommend consulting a nutritionist, or look for proven resources with information.
MikkelDK94
STARTING OUT

Post by MikkelDK94 »

I have just joined here for maybe learning something I don't know.

But I will like to also give you help for long-term effect.
Of course this is pretty much the total basic package of WL -
*Go into a calorie-deficit ( let's say you need 2200 calories every day for maintaining weight, and if you go over that, you gain weight , if you go under that, you will lose weight - here I would suggest for whatever your calorie level is, I would say you should keep it maybe 200 - 300 from what you need)
*Learn to count the calories -> you know the labels on the sides of food package that say how much there is per 100 gram.
*Learn to eat low-calorie foods and to eat so that you become full from that - fruits, lots of vegetables (wraps, because you can stack loads of veggies in it)
*keep the dressing and HIGH calories of table for some time, of course you can have a treat ones in a while, but isn't it better to get the result first and therefore give you the treat after

*Do more cardio and of course support with strength training
-Cardio burns of more calories than strength t. BUT strength t. improves your metabolism, (the socalled afterburn effect) - but remember if you eat more than you burn of - then you will gain weight, therefore your metabolism wouldn't " matter" you know what I mean?

Hope this help you Good Evening