Read Before Posting To Save Me and You A Lot Of Time

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

the 5 - 6 out of 10 effort level you do for the easy portion of the intervals is the same pace you'll use for the 20mins of steady state cardio to finish with

make sense?

www.uponlinetraining.com
codesigns
STARTING OUT

Water exchange molecule

Post by codesigns »

See alkaline.
Jentry07
STARTING OUT

Re: Read Before Posting To Save Me and You A Lot Of Time

Post by Jentry07 »

I was told doing a cardio workout first thing in the morning was a good way to burn fat and to get your metabolism revved all day...is this true? If so, would I still be needing to eat within 30 mins of waking up?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The side effects of fasted cardio could include muscle burn and dizzy spells.

Your metabolism would only burn fat in a more heightened way, until you ate or drank again, then some of your metabolic activity would directed towards caloric burning and usage, so any additional fat burning potential gained from Cardiovascular and / or weight training, versus a sensible diet alone, would be partly lost after eating or drinking again.

The notion that you could just get a continuous cranked up fat burning effect, for the remainder of the day, has been pretty much scientifically proven to be unfeasible and long before now.

The Fat reducing effects you would get off exercise, would be more than likely most prominent during it, not after it. Though there could very well be retained additional fat burning potential, above what the body deems normal levels, but not as much as the exercise would initially create.

I mean think about it logically. You do something that lowers blodosugar, when it's already low. There should be some kind of need to heed caution with such a scenario and make sure the the body does not attempt to use what available fat and Glycogen and ATP stores it can realistically scavenge, before it purges a modicum of muscle. It would be wise therefore to provide some Protein and some Carbohydrate to protect the muscles and help to fuel your exercise.

Fasted Cardio has not existed longer than successful weight loss, so that's proof of it's lack of necessity in a fat loss regime :).
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

if it's walk or jog then no, if it's faster/more intense that then yes
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fair observation :). I didn't get more specific, but yes fasted Cardios downsides would be less likely to occur from lower intensity Cardio.
Pancaaake11
STARTING OUT

Post by Pancaaake11 »

Seems restricted. Theres plenty of recipes that offer more than 30 ingredients. I got a lot of recipes for protein muffins from fitnessmonopoly.com
They actually taste pretty good and helps me build muscle so its a win win!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Pancaaake11 wrote:I got a lot of recipes for protein muffins from fitnessmonopoly.com
Well seeing as that's your site, do mean got or added?
FatLoss_Warrior
STARTING OUT

Post by FatLoss_Warrior »

That's a really cool meal plan. I've experimented a little with meal timings but what's worked me basically is intermittent fasting. But cutting out the carbs is crucial if you're looking to lose weight while building muscle.
Quazimoto
STARTING OUT

Post by Quazimoto »

Hi, I'm new here so I opened this thread and it's great except that it doesn't seem to "read properly", something with the character coding or something, this is what it says to me:

"Meal 1 eaten within 30mins of getting up and as soon as you get up if possible – fruit, high fiber cereal, optional ½ protein shake
Meal 2 – fruit, solid protein
Meal 3 – Solid Protein, Veg, Salad
Meal 4 – Solid Protein, Veg, Salad
Meal 5 – Solid Protein, Veg, Salad
Meal 6 – Solid Protein, Veg, Salad

Training Days"

So, there is no info on training days at all, and 6 meals, the only one which specifies a time that I can read, is breakfast.
Also, SIX meals? Really? I mean sure, breakfast, morning tea, lunch, arvo tea, dinner... is the 6th one supper? It seems strange to be eating 6 ACTUAL meals (as opposed to say, just having an apple for morning tea).
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

shit i wrote this a long time ago...

this was back in "must have 6 meals a day phase' because that's what i was doing...it worked for em but it won;t for everyone...either way try having your carbs at breakfast then protein/veg/salad with all other meals if looking for fat loss

actually you have 3 options and all that matters is where you put your carb meal so they are:

1 - breakfast as above
2 - the meal pre training
3 - the meal post training