Best and cheapest Whey Isolate powder?

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

JonnyBlaze
STARTING OUT

Best and cheapest Whey Isolate powder?

Post by JonnyBlaze »

Any ideas what is the cheapest?
dannysmoggy
STARTING OUT

Re: Best and cheapest Whey Isolate powder?

Post by dannysmoggy »

JonnyBlaze wrote:Any ideas what is the cheapest?
dont go for the cheapest go for the ones the are packed with the things you need (protein etc.) go to http://www.maximuscle.com/ its expensive but compare there products with any other website it wont be beat
rich_chownsie
STARTING OUT

It's ok

Post by rich_chownsie »

Recommending Maximuscle to someone if they have loads of spare cash.

Take Cyclone for example; it suggests two servings a day and has 20 servings per tub at £33+ a tub. That means you need to spend over £100 a month on your protein and there is no 100% proof that it works either?!!!

I guess it depends how serious you are; to be honest you can read 100 reviews for each of the tens of thousands of protein supplements and they will all mostly tell you the one they use is the dogs bo**ocks!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i get the most for the cheapest price over here...yesturday i bought 2 x 1.5kg tubs for $30 total
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I would say no to Cyclone.

All in ones are a nuicance.

Example. you can't use the powder how you want, incase you under dose the Glutamine.

You might overdose the Creatine.

If you consume Cyclone in a way, where you do a 10g Creatine at once thing, I personally think that's bad for you to ingest 10g at once, I don't advocate 10g ingestion that way, it screws up the loading process, and as the body uses at least about 5g supplemental Creatine a day, hence the minimum 5g Maintenance, 10g a day would be a slow load, with potentially long-term damage, from such a concentrated ingestion.

Plus you then have to cycle off the Cyclone, because it was, and I believe still is Monohydrate content, and in fact even newer Creatines that claim no cycling, are still advocated for a cycle.

So even if you went for the basic Cycle, 3 weeks on 1 off, you then can't have any Glutamine or Whey for a whole week, whilst cycling a product like Cyclone, and if you don't cycle, that's at least a small quantity of Creatine 365-366 days a year, which is too much.

Then if you are someone who likes to have 20g Glutamine in 2x 10g doses, that's could be Creatine overkill.

Plus those things claim to be cheaper than buying the ingredients seperately.

Question is though if Cyclone, (which if I remember also has Chromium and HMB in it), was bought, and someone bought the same quantities of just Whey, Creatine, and Glutamine seperately, no Chromium or HMB, they might still save money, but even if they spent a little more, at least there's greater flexibility of dosing, and then you can Cycle your Creatine, whilst continuing with Whey and Glutamine stacking.

In mind all in one's like Cyclone, have too many issues with usage, dosing levels, and flexibility of ingestion etc etc, which may not manifest in the short-term, but could become a health issue in the long-term. The main culprit for any such health problems being the Creatine.

Unless an all in one had Whey, HMB and Glutamine, no Creatine, then possibly it would be fine, but they almost always do have Creatine, and that's the one that messes up how you dose, and use the ingredients, as opposed to buying sperately, and customising your stacks.

What you need to ask yourself is, are you willing to risk the Creatine consumption 365 days a year, or cycle off it, and go for at least 1 week without Whey or Glutamine, and possibly cause slight reversal of gains, and potentially in the end, falling short of peak results?

Good value, but poor user experience to me, and I nearly bought it once, until I found out the Chromium in it was Picolinate, but now I think they changed it, but not for me to want it again.
FeeFee
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by FeeFee »

Is the Gold Standard brand any good?
LindyS
STARTING OUT

Post by LindyS »

JonnyBlaze wrote:Any ideas what is the cheapest?

I would try Whey Protein offered through MyNutritionStore.com. They are a new company, but their Whey Protein is great!
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

Optimum 100% Whey Protein

:D This protein is a staple for most people and it's too bad most people don't branch out to other econo proteins.:D The 100% Whey Protein line is solid except for the Cookies and Cream flavor which is absolutely horrid. A comparable product would be Dymatize Elite Whey. :wink: