How much protein are u supposed to intake per day?????

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

thecoolv.2
STARTING OUT

How much protein are u supposed to intake per day?????

Post by thecoolv.2 »

First i heard its 60 grams a day.

Then i hear ur supposed to take as much grams as ur weight????

which is true????

Also I am taking 3 muscle milks a day: BEFORE & After workout and before i go to bed. IS THAT HEALTHY?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

close dalts...

if you aim for around 1 gram per pound of bodyweight you should be fine...so if your 200pds than 200 grams should do the trick

bear this in mind...all protein excpet for immediately after training should come in actual food form
HOUSTON TEXAN
REGULAR

Post by HOUSTON TEXAN »

What about a shake in the morning to start the day?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

muscle milk has a lot of fat in o doesn't it so maybe a 1/2 serve
HOUSTON TEXAN
REGULAR

Post by HOUSTON TEXAN »

I use whey not muscle milk if you are referring to me.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

thought it was the same person...normal whey with little carbs and fat then one in the morning is fine
thecoolv.2
STARTING OUT

Post by thecoolv.2 »

alrite. so i should eat about 200 grams per day?

and is muscclle milk the rightt thing for me to take if i want to get big & bulky??

i drink 1 per day
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

if you're 200pds then yes 200g...if your only 150pds then only 150g

eating food will get you bigger quicker than 1 muscle milk a day will

big and lean is way better than big and bulky
ballas38
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ballas38 »

does this amount of protein (1 gram/pound) apply to building muscle only or to losing fat as well?????
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

both but protein may be slightly higher for fat loss due to lower carb content but healthy fats should increase more than protein does
john06
STARTING OUT

Post by john06 »

You also have to know that bodybuilding needs different kinds of body building supplements in order to help your body be on its most favorable condition to cope up with the concentrated training requirements in bodybuilding. But, many people assume that taking bodybuilding supplements is sufficient to get that body you desire. Some people simply take bodybuilding supplements and do not work out at all. They consider that body building supplements will permit their muscles to boost in mass with little or no workout at all. Protein Supplements – This product is generally in the whey protein form. The muscles normally need proteins, because it is the main building block of the muscles. You can usually get protein by consuming meat, eggs and other protein giving foods. Yet, whey proteins can be absorbed by the muscles faster and at a higher rate. This means that it will build up your muscles more and will support in giving extra muscle mass to make your muscles better.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: How much protein are u supposed to intake per day?????

Post by Zhaga »

Our protein needs depend on our age, size, and activity level. The standard method used by nutritionists to estimate our minimum daily protein requirement is to multiply the body weight in kilograms by .8, or weight in pounds by .37. This is the number of grams of protein that should be the daily minimum. According to this method, a person weighing 150 lbs. should eat 55 grams of protein per day, a 200-pound person should get 74 grams, and a 250-pound person should eat 92 grams.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That wouldn't necessarily hold water in mind though.

The problem is a 250 person, if they were a steroid using bodybuilder would eat way more tnan 92g protein per day, that's a fact.

If the person was 250lbs with around 60lbs-80lbs of excess fat, compared to someone who was 150lbs and consuming 55g protein per day, if the person was 170lbs wxcluding fat, they might have most of their extra non-fat weight from bone and water, not necessarily just from muscle, so there could be mitigating circumstances with such things.

However as a general guide, excluding large well built individuals, the calculations given would be a fesible guide for most people.
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

It is an important in meal.One cup of milk has 8 grams protein.In adults, 10% to 30% is sufficient. It depends your age,size and activity level. It plays an important in all cells.