Best fat burner?

A forum for anything related to nutritional supplementation including advice and reviews.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fire_Squad5
STARTING OUT

Best fat burner?

Post by Fire_Squad5 »

Hello, a trainer at gym told me yesterday I should take fat burner before going to the gym to burn more fat while working out. I currently weight 179 lbs and I've lost 6 pounds since last Tuesday, which was when I started working out along with doing a diet. So any suggestions?

Thanks.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Best fat burner?

Post by Boss Man »

Tell him to go shove his advice. Any trainer with enough credibility wouldn't suggest Fat Burners, as any realistic way to help you.

Herbal ones are pish and Chemical ones can be dangerous. Check out Medicinenet and see the reports from last year about Hydroxycut related deaths. They should still be there.

Could even be the case if he gets you to buy one, he might get some sort of commission payment.

You don't need one and that's a fact. Your body works the way you help it to. Forcing it to do something it can't or isn't ready to do is just playing God with your own physiology and that's not what people are born to do.
Fire_Squad5
STARTING OUT

Post by Fire_Squad5 »

LOL thanks for the advice I was actually about to buy Meltdown. I actually dont have a trainer but I approached him and asked him what should I eat and stuff before the gym and he actually mentioned I should have some fat burner so I wanted to ask you guys for the opinion. Now I got it. Thanks.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What you could have said was, well you try some then and if you like it, maybe I'll try it.

Remembering of course not to bother either way :wink:
Kevsworld
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Kevsworld »

There are only two "fat burners" I believe in: the ECA stack and Yohimbine. About everything else is garbage.

But for a brand new trainee like you I would not suggest using either. Train for at least six months before even thinking about it. New trainees often gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, so enjoy the transformation first--you'll see radical changes over this next year.

http://strongandfit.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin stacks, seemed to be the "in thing" for a while, but faded in observations.

Plus Aspirin gets bad rep, not least for potential damage of the intestinal lining.

I used to use a site that had an ECA forum all of it's own. A mediocre idea in opinion. 1 new discussion every 3 weeks, for about 6 months, then no more ever again.
Kevsworld
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Kevsworld »

ECA is definitely effective. The main reason people don't talk about it as much is ephedra got banned and supplement companies couldn't market it anymore. But the science behind it is good.

The aspirin seems to be more helpful for those who are obese. Doesn't make much difference for the "average" (non-obese) trainee.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't you mean "Ephedrine" not Ephedra. Ephedrine is the synthetic version I believe.

Not trying to make you look stupid, just clarifying what you meant :).
Kevsworld
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by Kevsworld »

No worries--I knew you weren't trying to do that. Have a good day/evening.

Kevin
http://strongandfit.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
apaternite
STARTING OUT

Post by apaternite »

If you are looking for the best fat burner, site shows the best fat burners according to real user reviews collected all over the internet. We have over 7,000 reviews collected so it's a pretty accurate list. Right now the top 3 are Fusion Bodybuilding SUB-Q, Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix, and USPlabs OxyELITE Pro.

Hope that helps.
mark3
STARTING OUT

Post by mark3 »

Instead of trying any supplement for fat burning you should try green tea in the morning before eating anything and eat fruits which contain citric acid like lemon and oranges. They will burn the fats and you feel this after regular use.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Why will Citric Acid fruits help to burn Fat?

Also Citrus frutis and Grains can compete and can increase Hyperacidity risk and as a result GERD potential. I know you didn't specifically mention grains too, but I'm saying that as a caveat with Citrus Fruits.

Apaternite, the simple fact is, Fat burners are rubbish. Chemical ones like Hydroxycut Hardcore, that killed people, are downright dangerous and herbal ones are just worthless.

Most user reviews will count for zip, because unless you actually take them ,with making any changes to lifestyle at all, you cannot isolate their effects.

Anything that can count as a weight loss factor, even little things like walking a mile a day, or drinking another 4-6 glasses of Water a day, or cutting Salt intake, would be things that could cause weight loss, be it Fat, water or both. Muscle and bone density excluded from that list.

There's only two bona fide ways to test Fat Burners I feel.

1. Lose weight without the product, then put it back on again and then try to lose the weight again with the product.

This unfortunately could contribute to things like mood swings, lethargy, sleep problems, bloatedness, excess water or something similar like Edema, (excess water in the Legs) and if the person had thrown old clothes way, the cost of new bigger clothes.

Most people wouldn't put themselves through that.

2. Give overweight people a bit of money to be part of an experiment. record their weight, then tell them to have some pills. Continue to live as normal, don't change anything and then after 6-8 weeks measure their weight and see what happens.

Most people use these things and make changes to lifestyle, like exercising, or better quality of exercise, cutting back on starchy carbs, eliminating alcohol etc etc, which gets results, but then makes them think the pills are working, when in all likelihood they are to little or no extent.

Convincing yourself they must have worked, is not painful compared to admitting they don't, because it hurts people to think they wasted money on dud products, but sadly many do and use flimsy excuses or justification for using them sometimes. Many times such justifcation is based on lack of self belief in their own emotional and mental strength.

I couldn't have lost the weight without it, it helped to keep me strict. Confidence / self belief issue. If these were the only way, everyone would have to use them, but they're not and they shouldn't.

They carry unjustifiable health risks.

Nice site / blog in fairness, but I have to say it's still promoting products that should be banned. Every single one of them. I know you're not spamming and that statement is no reflection on you. To me it's just the truth about those products :).

Same with Appetitie suppressants and Thermogenic Serums. They should all be banned, as they're a risk to health and a big con and in many cases, manufactured to pray on peoples emotional weaknesses and body weight complexes and the FDA's amateurish attitude to Hydroxycut Harcore scapegoated the product, without using that as a platform to criticise all "metabolic enhancers".
rohansinghania
STARTING OUT

Post by rohansinghania »

Personally, I like the little tummy I have, and I’d rather it stay that way—little. So, I’ve started working out. Evidence is starting to prove the theory that lifting weights and using the aerobic exercise will help you to lose tummy fat around your midsection. A healthy diet is also a good idea. So, I’ve summarized here a list of things you should take into consideration if you’re serious about losing that tummy. If you are experiencing stubborn fat that never seems to go away, we have an article about that too.
Michel.B
STARTING OUT

Post by Michel.B »

No real personal trainer suggest you to use fat burner .
I would suggest you to change your gym ASAP.
stevedav
STARTING OUT

Post by stevedav »

I really don't have a trainer but I advanced him and inquired him what should I consume and stuff before the gym and he really cited I should have some fat burner so I liked to inquire you friends for the opinion. Now I got it