Drinking water with food intake? How many of you do the same

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

genes
STARTING OUT

Drinking water with food intake? How many of you do the same

Post by genes »

Hi,

I drink a lot of water with any food intake in a day. I feel hard not to drink water while having food. Someone suggested me that its unhealthy to consume water while eating food. Is it true? What are the possible consequences of it? and how many of you have the same habit?

regards,
Pradeep
lalandica
STARTING OUT

Re: Drinking water with food intake? How many of you do the same

Post by lalandica »

I don't believe I have ever heard that consuming water during a meal is unhealthy but there is always the chance that it might be and I just don't know yet lol. I always have a full glass of water with or before meals, it really helps me with portion control. Oftentimes it turns out that I'm thirsty rather than hungry and I end up saving myself several calories for later.
muscleover40
STARTING OUT

Post by muscleover40 »

Same as everything really as long as taken in moderation I love water when I am training give you a minute to concentrate on your next exercise and a lot cheaper then all those advertised rubbish :D
Marklorie
STARTING OUT

Post by Marklorie »

I have heard the same thing, but also the reverse. There is some controversy to the idea. Some say to drink 20 oz of ice cold water before eating to boost metabolism, but I have also heard that drinking water right before and while eating is a bad idea. I just drink the water myself, drinking water is good for you!