Vegetarian Diet Plan

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

magesh89
STARTING OUT

Vegetarian Diet Plan

Post by magesh89 »

Hi,

I am a vegetarian and weigh 150 pounds. I have some fat, which I am trying to reduce and gain muscle. I am trying to set up a vegetarian diet plan for myself, but find it very hard to do so. If anyone can help me out or direct me to a link that has a vegetarian diet plan set up that will be very helpful. Thanks for your help.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Vegetarian Diet Plan

Post by Boss Man »

What meals do you eat and what times do you eat?
magesh89
STARTING OUT

Post by magesh89 »

I can eat anything including eggs, cheese and other dairy products... I can't have any kind of meat or fish though... Please find eating times below:

7AM: Oatmeal
10AM: Protein Shake
1 PM: Rice
3.30 PM: Protein Shake
6.30 PM: Rice
9.30 PM: Egg whites.

I know that rice has a lot of carbohydrates, but I can't find a substitute yet. I know I am not having enough protein intake either.

If you can, please modify diet plan. It will be very helpful.

Thank you again.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

magesh89 wrote:I can eat anything including eggs, cheese and other dairy products... I can't have any kind of meat or fish though... Please find eating times below:

7AM: Oatmeal

(Add a couple of scrambled Egg Whites and a yolk in here)

10AM: Protein Shake

(You could add 1/4 cup of Nuts here if you wanted to, or something like an Apple, or a Pear)

1 PM: Rice

(Change this for something like Beans on Toast, or Vegetable Soup, or some Whole-grain Bread with Low Fat Cheese, Tomatos and Mushrooms grilled like pizza)

3.30 PM: Protein Shake

(Same ideas regarding the first shake)

6.30 PM: Rice

(You could have a stir-fry with things like Beans or Peas, Mushrooms, Rice, Mini-corn cobs, sliced Peppers, which could incldue a small portion of Rice, or a small amount of Pasta, with Quorn, chopped Tomato and a bit of diced herb like Parsely and you could try melting a bit of Low Fat Cheese and having a Cheese sauce with it, to see how that works out, for example, or something like grilled vegetables with some Tomatos made into a Sauce and see if that works.)

9.30 PM: Egg whites.

(You could have small portion of Peanuts, or a portion of Yoghurt as examples.)
magesh89
STARTING OUT

Post by magesh89 »

Thank you very much.
troyharold
STARTING OUT

Post by troyharold »

Morning : bread and hot choco
Lunch: Little amount of rice and meat
Dinner: Fruits and veges
Exercise : Before Dinner

This is diet plan. It is very effective.
kathyjoyce
STARTING OUT

Post by kathyjoyce »

I am also vegetarian and use quorn to produce some delicious low fat meals. Just make sure you vary your diet and include as many fruits and vegetables as possible. Whole grain foods, wholemeal bread, and wholemeal pasta will provide you with complex carbs. These take longer to digest and fill you up quickly.
Eat small meals frequently during the day, and drink plenty of water. Water helps flush out harmful toxins and can boost the metabolism.
One of favourite low fat recipes at the moment is watercress soup. It's so easy to make and delicious. Saute a chopped leak over a low heat and add several sticks of celery. Stir then add a handful of frozen peas. Add about three quarters of a pint of stock and simmer for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Then add a bag of watercress and stir for about a minute. Pour into a blender and blend for a few seconds. Serve with grated cheese and a slice of wholemeal bread.
cwatson
STARTING OUT

Post by cwatson »

That's all i think is quite healthy diet to be fit. Thank you all.
Monirul
STARTING OUT

Post by Monirul »

By filling your plate with foods loaded with nutrients but low in calories, you'll get all the fiber, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals you need. You may also find yourself feeling satisfied on fewer calories. Here's a taste of what a 2,000-calorie-a-day meal plan includes.