Need to gain weight and muscle

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

toobuff
STARTING OUT

Need to gain weight and muscle

Post by toobuff »

Hello everyone I am here because I want to gain weight and start to buff up, basically fill out. I have always been very skinny all life with a hard time to gain any weight even though I can eat basically anything, and any amount. I am 6'1 tall, I weigh around 130ish pounds, I'm about to turn 16, and I just want to fill out and gain some actual muscle mass. All extra time is spent all on the computer, I spend around 6 hours on during the weekday and almost all weekend. I really have no physical exercise except from crummy PE class. I use to get more exercise when I was younger before high school.
Breakfast: Usually consists of something fast like cereal. For around a month mom made me eggs but that got old really fast and I begun to not even like eggs.
Lunch: I eat the school's lunches which are usually some type of fried chicken, fries, fruit, and milk.
Dinner: Our dinners are usually pretty large mother does a good job at hitting the food groups.
Here are some photos of myself,
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7416/17677848.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6190/63278577.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need to gain weight and muscle

Post by Boss Man »

Can you get into a Gym and do a basic total body workout.

It would go something like this.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Barbell Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

An instructor would be able to help you.

If you are unable to do this, get back to us and we could formulate some kind of bodyweighted home workout for you.

The diet looks a bit small.

Try adding some extra stuff in like a Bit of Ham or Chicken with Breakfast. You could have stuff like Unsalted Peanuts between meals as well for Protein, Carbs and Fats or perhaps some cheesy wedges. Maybe something like Beans or Cheese on Toast about 2 hours after Dinner.

There's some simple ideas that might help you.